Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hmmm, given that the teams are on the other side of the field from the parents, KB must have really screamed those instructions in order for you to have 'witnessed' it. What was the ref's reaction (if you witnessed it, the refs must have also) to a coach effectively throwing a game?
    He called the player over before the kick, said something to him that none of us heard, then the kid passed the ball towards the corner flag. So yeah, he did tell him to miss it. The ref shook his head and blew the final whistle. He was likely very embarrassed.

Need more?

Comment

He called the player over before the kick, said something to him that none of us heard, then the kid passed the ball towards the corner flag. So yeah, he did tell him to miss it. The ref shook his head and blew the final whistle. He was likely very embarrassed.

Need more?
      There were three penalty kicks awarded? What happened with the second one. If the score was only 1-1

Comment

There were three penalty kicks awarded? What happened with the second one. If the score was only 1-1
        I was there. My kid plays for wh travel and we were playing on the other field but game hadn't started yet. I asked an oakwood parent what all the yelling was about. The team from NJ had some maniac parents calling the ref every name in the book. Oakwood had one penalty hit the post, then the ref said someone from Nj entered the box early, when they took it again it was saved. So that's 0/2. Then I witnessed the rest myself. 3rd penalty was rewarded and the kid missed wide so 0/3 and then the 4th and final pen was in injury time and nj also received a red card. The kid took no run up and passed it out of bounds and the ref blew the whistle for full time. The kids shook hands right away which I thought was a cool ending to a crazy game.

Comment

I was there. My kid plays for wh travel and we were playing on the other field but game hadn't started yet. I asked an oakwood parent what all the yelling was about. The team from NJ had some maniac parents calling the ref every name in the book. Oakwood had one penalty hit the post, then the ref said someone from Nj entered the box early, when they took it again it was saved. So that's 0/2. Then I witnessed the rest myself. 3rd penalty was rewarded and the kid missed wide so 0/3 and then the 4th and final pen was in injury time and nj also received a red card. The kid took no run up and passed it out of bounds and the ref blew the whistle for full time. The kids shook hands right away which I thought was a cool ending to a crazy game.
          4 PK's?!

Comment

4 PK's?!
            I think they need to practice PKs

Comment

So juvenile behavior by parents was rewarded by an opposing coach?

The snowflake generation strikes again.

Comment

So juvenile behavior by parents was rewarded by an opposing coach?

The snowflake generation strikes again.
                Wrong take bro. Coach does right thing since clearly the consensus was the the ref was gifting Oakwood.

Comment

Wrong take bro. Coach does right thing since clearly the consensus was the the ref was gifting Oakwood.
                  In this case the ref is the only 'consensus'. Life ain't always fair, snowflake. Most days there won't be a coach for the players to look to turn their cloudy day into sunshine. The sooner they learn that, the better.

Comment

In this case the ref is the only 'consensus'. Life ain't always fair, snowflake. Most days there won't be a coach for the players to look to turn their cloudy day into sunshine. The sooner they learn that, the better.
                    <------ folks new to soccer, this is what we call "one of those" parents. Avoid.

Comment

<------ folks new to soccer, this is what we call "one of those" parents. Avoid.
                      Actually i blame parents like you. This everyone deserves a trophy mentality is comical honestly and ruining this country. Not the op either ,sorry bud.

Comment

So there are a lot of rumors going around that LA from Oakwood is coaching NEFC in Massachusetts and FC Stars west coach CM is coming to Oakwood. I'm wondering if anyone knows either of these coaches and could share some helpful information so we can make a decision. Thank you.
                        Easy enough to figure out. Just go to their site. http://www.nefc.us/news_article/show...9?referrer_id=

Comment

I think they need to practice PKs
                          Best players in the best league and can't make a 1 of 4 pks. No wonder the us men's soccer program is screwed. At least they go to great colleges though right? So glad they don't play high school.

Bruno Aguillon - Quinnipiac Univ.
                          Derick Arhin - Univ. of Rhode Island
                          Benjamin Barton - Williams College
                          Simon Becher - Holy Cross
                          Lucas Lilley - Denison University
                          Joshua Plimpton - Iona College
                          Chris Roman - Providence College
                          Dimitri Valkanos - Radford University

Comment

Best players in the best league and can't make a 1 of 4 pks. No wonder the us men's soccer program is screwed. At least they go to great colleges though right? So glad they don't play high school.

Thanks for listing the current u18's. The team that played yesterday and missed all the pk's was their 2001 pre-academy team, u15's.

Comment

Yes, PKs are definitely the best way to measure the skill level and future of soccer players abilities. You must be the parent that says their kid is the greatest because they can juggle a thousand times. Go back to coaching rec.

Comment

That is a typical oakwood ref. Their boys teams use their hands constantly on opposing players and push grab and crush kids from behind and almost nothing ever gets called and none of their other coaches seem to mind.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X