Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    How is that a great result? VA tech got trompled by duke and Florida state.
    8-4-1. Assuming they win 2 of the remaining 6 puts them at 10-8-1. An upset and a tie and they are 11-7-2. Impressive record against the top ACC teams they face. These Eagles keep improving and they have a chance to be the best squad of the last 5 or so years.

Comment

8-4-1. Assuming they win 2 of the remaining 6 puts them at 10-8-1. An upset and a tie and they are 11-7-2. Impressive record against the top ACC teams they face. These Eagles keep improving and they have a chance to be the best squad of the last 5 or so years.
      Whoops. 11-6-2.

Comment

Gotta admit I just learned a new word.

Tromple

A complicated form of procrastination requiring one to wholly thrust one's self into some (at least undesirable, often unnecessary or of low priority) task in order to temporarily avoid or distract one from another more evil or imminent task/obligation. Trompling is best accomplished in an agitated or frantic state, and usually late at night. The sequence of events only makes sense to the trompler. Not to be confused with trample.

Instead of getting ready to make it to her co-worker's annual mustache bash in a timely manner, Zoe trompled her apartment searching for that long lost gumball machine ring that would have matched her outfit perfectly.

Low priority, frantic play by two of the best teams in the country to beat VT is perfect description.
        I think trumpled would be more current.

Comment

Virginia Tech was the 10th ranked team in the ACC last week. Are you really getting all excited that BC tied them 0-0?

Comment

better than losing to them 1-0. name another local team with a winning record playing acc level ball?

Comment

Virginia Tech was the 10th ranked team in the ACC last week. Are you really getting all excited that BC tied them 0-0?
              Why does that reaction surprise you, did you expect otherwise?

Comment

better than losing to them 1-0. name another local team with a winning record playing acc level ball?
                Wow... insightful. Yes tieing is better than losing. BC is by far the greatest program in New England. Close the thread.

Comment

Easy, Harvard.

Explain how I'm wrong, this should be fun...

Comment

Easy, Harvard.

Explain how I'm wrong, this should be fun...
                    I'd like to hear how you are right. Because they beat BC? They lost to Stracuse and haven't really played anyone else of substance except maybe St. John's and Northeastern who they lost to.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                      I'd like to hear how you are right. Because they beat BC? They lost to Stracuse and haven't really played anyone else of substance except maybe St. John's and Northeastern who they lost to.
                      Harvard also lost to Penn. When's the last time that happened? 1910?

Comment

Harvard also lost to Penn. When's the last time that happened? 1910?
                        Yale is beating Harvard 1-0 in the second half.

Comment

You Eagles fans are hilarious.

Comment

They are, in fact: local, better than .500, and have played competitively with ACC teams. But carry on, I'm enjoying this.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                              They are, in fact: local, better than .500, and have played competitively with ACC teams. But carry on, I'm enjoying this.
                              CH fans, but you have to do it on the field, not on TS for both BC and Harvard.

Comment

ACC level ball - that blanket that is thrown over poor some pretty poor teams to give them respectability. There are some really good teams in the ACC and some pretty mediocre ones as well.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X