Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So when SPOL wins this weekend beating Stars West NPL, Bayside NPL and Seacoast NPL in the final then they should be a top 3 list team. We will see how unbiased you are when it is all said and done. Results apparently move the list.
    These games happened? Link please

Comment

So when SPOL wins this weekend beating Stars West NPL, Bayside NPL and Seacoast NPL in the final then they should be a top 3 list team. We will see how unbiased you are when it is all said and done. Results apparently move the list.
      You couldn't beat Bayside in CT or a scrimmage sort of counting chickens before they hatch.

Comment

We scored a lucky goal off the cross bar and one other at Jeff Cup. 2 goals in 3 games isn't enough to expect 3 NPL wins.

-skeptical parent

Comment

That's the Seacoast 04 NPL team in the other bracket, not their 03 team. For some reason, the 03 NPL team is not a standalone team, they pull players from Maine, Kings and NH and those teams are entered in the tournament already.

I was a little surprised to see how many good teams are going to Seacoast this weekend. I think the brackets are pretty lopsided but having 3 of the Mass "list" teams plus top teams from RI, NH and Maine is pretty good.

Comment

That's the Seacoast 04 NPL team in the other bracket, not their 03 team. For some reason, the 03 NPL team is not a standalone team, they pull players from Maine, Kings and NH and those teams are entered in the tournament already.

I was a little surprised to see how many good teams are going to Seacoast this weekend. I think the brackets are pretty lopsided but having 3 of the Mass "list" teams plus top teams from RI, NH and Maine is pretty good.
            Already making excuses as to why SPOL wont move up if they win this weekend. You people are too funny. Just another good ol' boys club that wont let anyone else in.

Comment

The 03 List—The Seacoast United Tournament Preview—(the “Friday Night Tykes” Edition)

Yet another groundbreaking theme as the 03 List Guy compares Friday Night Tykes with Mass GU14 Club soccer (It’s only a matter of time before the Esquire Channel, the best cable channel not named STARZ, does a spin off called “Saturday Afternoon Kicks”). As many of you already know, FNT gives us an up close and personal look inside the crazy world that is Texas youth football in the San Antonio area. Go ahead and standup if you dislike Friday Night Tykes…ok, for those who are out of your seat…go ahead and gracefully leave the room because the 03 List Guy is done with you…how dare you not like 12 yr olds from Texas ear hole each other into the concussion protocol…what’s wrong with you?!!!...for those who are still sitting, but saying things like, “I like the show, but those coaches and parents are psychopaths and sociopaths 03 List Guy!” “I mean the coaches swear at the kids and call them bad names!” (umm…yea) “The rageholic parents yell at the kids, refs and each other from the sidelines.” (uh- huh) “They tell the kids to keep playing when they are obviously hurt” (awkward silence) “They post incessantly on the internet about the games and bash other teams and players” (Crickets chirping). “They are already planning on D1 scholarships prior to graduating from Jr High” (raising eyebrow and pursing lips). “They are made to play in extreme weather conditions” (nodding head slowly). So there you have it, no similarities whatsoever.

Ok, enough ABC After School Special stuff…how about the weekend preview. Have it!!! Send it!!!

First things first, SSS will hold the top spot this weekend regardless of the other results. Just not enough RPI or BPI caliber wins available for the other “List” teams to unseat a team that just won the Championship Division at the Jefferson Cup…but next week is a different story (file that under obvious foreshadowing of things to come). On a side note, and the Select parents will probably get a kick out of this, but the 03 List Guy gets nervous when the Trophy Girls are “off” because I spend the better part of 45 minutes scouring the Got Soccer Tournament List to make sure they are indeed off. Nothing worse than getting a snarky Tuesday post taking me to task for not previewing the Copa Cabana Outbreak Soccer Tournament in Huntington Beach (see the CASL November Tournament that the 04 List Guy and I forgot to mention). Hate when teams sneak off to tournaments during the season and not tell anyone. The old hidden tournament trick.

The Seacoast United Tournament:

From Post #799

"That's the Seacoast 04 NPL team in the other bracket, not their 03 team. For some reason, the 03 NPL team is not a standalone team, they pull players from Maine, Kings and NH and those teams are entered in the tournament already.
              I was a little surprised to see how many good teams are going to Seacoast this weekend. I think the brackets are pretty lopsided but having 3 of the Mass "list" teams plus top teams from RI, NH and Maine is pretty good."

The 03 List Guy couldn’t have said it any better. Tremendous post (Sorry Post #800, I didn't quite follow you) and tremendous opportunity for Stars West, Liverpool and SPOL to advance up the 03 List rankings. BUT… don’t sleep on Bayside (who tied Continental ECNL 1-1 in the Jefferson Cup and seem to give SPOL fits) and GPS NH 2003 Elite Navy (the San Antonio Outlaws of the NEP and Undefeated in the Fall NEP Premiership Season with a whopping 47 GF and 0 GA). The winner of the Group A battle between GPS NH and Liverpool will reach the finals, but Group B is wide open. Would anyone be surprised if Bayside, SPOL or Stars West advanced? Great Regional Tournament. The winner, particularly if they win all the games, gets the 4 spot and possible 2 or 3 if some unexpected ECNL results occur. Liverpool wins.

Stars and Breakers(NEFC) are both in action this weekend:

On Saturday, the Breakers(NEFC) have a home match with a solid Continental Squad. Continental is a big physical team with a very good striker, but an away victory against Breakers is a lot to ask. These are the type of games the Breakers usually don’t lose. Breakers have too much offense for Continental. Feels like a 3-1 type win for them.

Stars have a home match against CFC. Stars handled CFC rather easily during the Fall Season with a 3-1 away victory. Expect more of the same on Saturday. Stars scored a bunch of goals in the Jefferson Cup and look for the new found scoring punch to continue. The Stars are very good defensively and the only thing holding them back from elite status is a consistent offense.

On Sunday, the Breakers travel to Choate Rosemary Hall to take on CFC (not an easy weekend for CFC). Again, CFC is just not good enough defensively to slow down the high flying Breakers. It’s difficult to win on the road in the ECNL but this doesn’t seem like a home game for CFC as they have to travel to Lancaster for Saturday’s match with Stars. 3-0 Breakers.

Great weekend of soccer…and safe travels to all

Results move the 03 List…"Saturday Afternoon Kicks" (Admit it, you'd watch)

Comment

The 03 List—The Seacoast United Tournament Preview—(the “Friday Night Tykes” Edition)

Yet another groundbreaking theme as the 03 List Guy compares Friday Night Tykes with Mass GU14 Club soccer (It’s only a matter of time before the Esquire Channel, the best cable channel not named STARZ, does a spin off called “Saturday Afternoon Kicks”). As many of you already know, FNT gives us an up close and personal look inside the crazy world that is Texas youth football in the San Antonio area. Go ahead and standup if you dislike Friday Night Tykes…ok, for those who are out of your seat…go ahead and gracefully leave the room because the 03 List Guy is done with you…how dare you not like 12 yr olds from Texas ear hole each other into the concussion protocol…what’s wrong with you?!!!...for those who are still sitting, but saying things like, “I like the show, but those coaches and parents are psychopaths and sociopaths 03 List Guy!” “I mean the coaches swear at the kids and call them bad names!” (umm…yea) “The rageholic parents yell at the kids, refs and each other from the sidelines.” (uh- huh) “They tell the kids to keep playing when they are obviously hurt” (awkward silence) “They post incessantly on the internet about the games and bash other teams and players” (Crickets chirping). “They are already planning on D1 scholarships prior to graduating from Jr High” (raising eyebrow and pursing lips). “They are made to play in extreme weather conditions” (nodding head slowly). So there you have it, no similarities whatsoever.

Ok, enough ABC After School Special stuff…how about the weekend preview. Have it!!! Send it!!!

First things first, SSS will hold the top spot this weekend regardless of the other results. Just not enough RPI or BPI caliber wins available for the other “List” teams to unseat a team that just won the Championship Division at the Jefferson Cup…but next week is a different story (file that under obvious foreshadowing of things to come). On a side note, and the Select parents will probably get a kick out of this, but the 03 List Guy gets nervous when the Trophy Girls are “off” because I spend the better part of 45 minutes scouring the Got Soccer Tournament List to make sure they are indeed off. Nothing worse than getting a snarky Tuesday post taking me to task for not previewing the Copa Cabana Outbreak Soccer Tournament in Huntington Beach (see the CASL November Tournament that the 04 List Guy and I forgot to mention). Hate when teams sneak off to tournaments during the season and not tell anyone. The old hidden tournament trick.

The Seacoast United Tournament:

From Post #799

"That's the Seacoast 04 NPL team in the other bracket, not their 03 team. For some reason, the 03 NPL team is not a standalone team, they pull players from Maine, Kings and NH and those teams are entered in the tournament already.
                I was a little surprised to see how many good teams are going to Seacoast this weekend. I think the brackets are pretty lopsided but having 3 of the Mass "list" teams plus top teams from RI, NH and Maine is pretty good."

The 03 List Guy couldn’t have said it any better. Tremendous post (Sorry Post #800, I didn't quite follow you) and tremendous opportunity for Stars West, Liverpool and SPOL to advance up the 03 List rankings. BUT… don’t sleep on Bayside (who tied Continental ECNL 1-1 in the Jefferson Cup and seem to give SPOL fits) and GPS NH 2003 Elite Navy (the San Antonio Outlaws of the NEP and Undefeated in the Fall NEP Premiership Season with a whopping 47 GF and 0 GA). The winner of the Group A battle between GPS NH and Liverpool will reach the finals, but Group B is wide open. Would anyone be surprised if Bayside, SPOL or Stars West advanced? Great Regional Tournament. The winner, particularly if they win all the games, gets the 4 spot and possible 2 or 3 if some unexpected ECNL results occur. Liverpool wins.

Stars and Breakers(NEFC) are both in action this weekend:

On Saturday, the Breakers(NEFC) have a home match with a solid Continental Squad. Continental is a big physical team with a very good striker, but an away victory against Breakers is a lot to ask. These are the type of games the Breakers usually don’t lose. Breakers have too much offense for Continental. Feels like a 3-1 type win for them.

Stars have a home match against CFC. Stars handled CFC rather easily during the Fall Season with a 3-1 away victory. Expect more of the same on Saturday. Stars scored a bunch of goals in the Jefferson Cup and look for the new found scoring punch to continue. The Stars are very good defensively and the only thing holding them back from elite status is a consistent offense.

On Sunday, the Breakers travel to Choate Rosemary Hall to take on CFC (not an easy weekend for CFC). Again, CFC is just not good enough defensively to slow down the high flying Breakers. It’s difficult to win on the road in the ECNL but this doesn’t seem like a home game for CFC as they have to travel to Lancaster for Saturday’s match with Stars. 3-0 Breakers.

Great weekend of soccer…and safe travels to all

Results move the 03 List…"Saturday Afternoon Kicks" (Admit it, you'd watch)
                Is Liverpool advancing in the Seacoast tournament?

Comment

Is Liverpool advancing in the Seacoast tournament?
                  I think I've just been insulted. #rhetoricalquestions
                  The 03 List Guy

Comment

I think I've just been insulted. #rhetoricalquestions
                    The 03 List Guy
                    Who is playing in the finals?

Comment

Who is playing in the finals?
                      Seacoast NPL is advancing out of one bracket, will most likely play FC Stars West NPL.

Comment

Seacoast NPL is advancing out of one bracket, will most likely play FC Stars West NPL.
                        Correct, Seacoast NPL 04 is advancing not GPS NH Navy.

Comment

Correct, Seacoast NPL 04 is advancing not GPS NH Navy.
                          I think if we're being honest that team would have to be called Seacoast 03/04 NPL. Definitely recognized some players from the 03 team. Either way they had a great tournament and ended up beating Stars West NPL in the finals.

Comment

How unbiased are you now that it's al said and done?

Comment

I think if we're being honest that team would have to be called Seacoast 03/04 NPL. Definitely recognized some players from the 03 team. Either way they had a great tournament and ended up beating Stars West NPL in the finals.
                              Fair point. My daughter was one of 03s playing, there were three 03s who played whole week end. Stars West are a tough team. Final was a good battle, was 3-1 with few minutes left and stars scored to make a tight finish.

Comment

How unbiased are you now that it's al said and done?
                                Kind of interesting that list guy took some heat for his prediction that either Liverpool or GPS NH would advance out of the first bracket but SPOL guy gets very little for predicting that they would win the whole tournament and also complaining in advance about where they would be ranked.

It's all moot since Seacoast won, but even if one of the List teams won I think the highest they would deserve to be ranked would be #4. For me, the top 3 are clearly SSS, Breakers and FC Stars in any order and I think someone would have to beat one of those teams to move ahead of them.

Just my $.02 and I know this is all in fun anyways.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X