Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    He has damaged it. And another thing about the Surf is that college coaches have high turnover. If they are good they move on to better programs. LM makes a big deal that everyone is jealous. Really? Surf got them as coaches because no other club even asked them. Let's see how much frustration there is when trainings each week are changing due to college responsibilities and when the coach is never at their Surf games. Whole thing is baffling to me.
    One of my kids has had two college coaches - this was when she was in middle school, not HS when the league schedule works better for college coaches). NEVER saw them in the fall. I think each showed up to 1-2 practices where they watched the hired club flunkie run fundamental drills. I think one showed up to one home game. Once they started in the winter they were both very good and the team really improved, but I was paying for the entire year. Luckily after that she moved to ECNL so we got out of that frustrating situation. College coaches just don't have time!

Comment

One of my kids has had two college coaches - this was when she was in middle school, not HS when the league schedule works better for college coaches). NEVER saw them in the fall. I think each showed up to 1-2 practices where they watched the hired club flunkie run fundamental drills. I think one showed up to one home game. Once they started in the winter they were both very good and the team really improved, but I was paying for the entire year. Luckily after that she moved to ECNL so we got out of that frustrating situation. College coaches just don't have time!
      I'm sure that's why other clubs have not asked them. Going to be frustrating no doubt.

Comment

What's with that lame survey post on BOTN? Does he have other lame websites for other sports?
        I thought the survey was funny. Can't see voting results until the end. Can't see # of voters. Very odd.

I saw it as Larry trying to find a new sport so he could create s new board and make money. He's already done that with CJ and Lacrosse. Maybe he sees all these soccer clubs expanding and thought "I should expand too!"

Comment

He has damaged it. And another thing about the Surf is that college coaches have high turnover. If they are good they move on to better programs. LM makes a big deal that everyone is jealous. Really? Surf got them as coaches because no other club even asked them. Let's see how much frustration there is when trainings each week are changing due to college responsibilities and when the coach is never at their Surf games. Whole thing is baffling to me.
          Agree 100% on the last minute schedule changes with a college coach. If the club team is using college turf, and that turf is shared with football, men's soccer, lacrosse, or even band, the club team is lowest on the totem poll and has to be ready to change at a moments notice. One rainy evening changes everyone's schedules. A game time change for all college sports changes schedules too. It's not the fault of the coach but it's one of the drawbacks of having a college coach as a club coach.

Comment

The one posted above goes on and it's a good one. I'm surprised Larry even left it on there

Poster: What is the new relationship with Surf and HBC? Is it certain age groups, as I thought KK was already the "feeder" into Surf?

Larry: There is no relationship between Surf and HBC and I would predict that there will NOT be a relationship. A relationship with HBC would not be a smart move for Surf, and in fact, would denigrate their mission, and damage their Surf brand in a very short time.

I think the Carrolls, Billy Sr. & Billy Jr. are floating this wishful thinking fantasy...doing business with any aspect of HBC is beyond dumb and dumber!!

Poster: I think you are wrong about no relationship - but time will tell.

Larry: No, you are wrong. Who are you? Are you in the room? I am, and I can tell you with certainty their is no agreement between HBC and Surf and if it happens to come to fruition, then the Surf brand will be another BS club and BOTN will do an about face...and in a very short time so will the people that have made Surf the club it is.

I trust I have made the current situation clear to you and even clearer as how I will view Surf if they get in bed with HBC, The Whores of Youth Soccer.

There is NO wiggle room on my part on this issue and Surf knows it.

Poster: I think you may be wrong. And as if SURF cares what you think?

Larry: Hey, Rifkin-Radler, I have a great idea. Call Matt. His cell number is 646-552-7228 and ask him if I am wrong....While I understand that the HBC Impact want to be a Surf team and that the Billys want to be part of Surf what is in it for Surf? NOTHING. Worse than nothing is be involved with HBC, Bill Rudy, and the Billy Carrolls....a total recipe for for total failure.

Now, give Matt a call.

Comment

The one posted above goes on and it's a good one. I'm surprised Larry even left it on there

Poster: What is the new relationship with Surf and HBC? Is it certain age groups, as I thought KK was already the "feeder" into Surf?

Larry: There is no relationship between Surf and HBC and I would predict that there will NOT be a relationship. A relationship with HBC would not be a smart move for Surf, and in fact, would denigrate their mission, and damage their Surf brand in a very short time.

I think the Carrolls, Billy Sr. & Billy Jr. are floating this wishful thinking fantasy...doing business with any aspect of HBC is beyond dumb and dumber!!

Poster: I think you are wrong about no relationship - but time will tell.

Larry: No, you are wrong. Who are you? Are you in the room? I am, and I can tell you with certainty their is no agreement between HBC and Surf and if it happens to come to fruition, then the Surf brand will be another BS club and BOTN will do an about face...and in a very short time so will the people that have made Surf the club it is.

I trust I have made the current situation clear to you and even clearer as how I will view Surf if they get in bed with HBC, The Whores of Youth Soccer.

There is NO wiggle room on my part on this issue and Surf knows it.

Poster: I think you may be wrong. And as if SURF cares what you think?

Larry: Hey, Rifkin-Radler, I have a great idea. Call Matt. His cell number is 646-552-7228 and ask him if I am wrong....While I understand that the HBC Impact want to be a Surf team and that the Billys want to be part of Surf what is in it for Surf? NOTHING. Worse than nothing is be involved with HBC, Bill Rudy, and the Billy Carrolls....a total recipe for for total failure.

Now, give Matt a call.
              Ha cmon HBC ... Larry just panted himself in a corner. I would love to see him do and
              about face

Larry you are the Whore of Youth Soccer

Comment

Damn. He actually posted a telephone number? What an *****.

Great stuff folks.

Comment

Back of the line

I am sick and tired of having my posts over there censored. He has even changed my posts in the past which is why so many people there will not post under their name! I would but I never know what he will change to carry out his agenda.

I am posting here for now on.

Comment

I am sick and tired of having my posts over there censored. He has even changed my posts in the past which is why so many people there will not post under their name! I would but I never know what he will change to carry out his agenda.

I am posting here for now on.
                    Welcome. Glad to have you. Invite some friends.

Comment

Yes invite friends - but only sane ones with a sense of humor.

Larry has to have a stake in Surf based on his latest gem:

"Now, I expect to be at a meeting with the HBC group and Surf early next week to discuss this issue if they (HBC) doesn't cancel. I have many questions and I'm anxious to hear their answers."

So the old geezer is now a youth soccer guru. Surf is toast.

Comment

Yes invite friends - but only sane ones with a sense of humor.

Larry has to have a stake in Surf based on his latest gem:

"Now, I expect to be at a meeting with the HBC group and Surf early next week to discuss this issue if they (HBC) doesn't cancel. I have many questions and I'm anxious to hear their answers."

So the old geezer is now a youth soccer guru. Surf is toast.
                        I guess Matt is pretty naive to how the Long Island soccer world really feels about Larry. Maybe I should help Matt out and give him a call. Anyone know his cell number?

Comment

Matt is just the latest victim that got in bed with LM that is going to be shocked at the cost of getting out of that relationship.

Comment

I predict that Surf will be off BOTN this time next season

Comment

I predict that Surf will be off BOTN this time next season
                              Who pulls the plug, Larry or Matt

Comment

To your point, Matt will find it hard to pull out once he realizes what he got himself into. He won't be able to back out. Larry will pull out and will chase the next shinny object that he can try to sell.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X