Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    5 out of 7 '04s invited from WashT declined the offer to join the Timbers Academy. All felt that there was better coaching at WashT.
    What league will the Timbers 04s be playing in this fall?

Comment

5 out of 7 '04s invited from WashT declined the offer to join the Timbers Academy. All felt that there was better coaching at WashT.
      The boys all text each other. Most said the 3 hour round trip 4 x / week was too much. One messaged saying he regrets that he turned it down. It's great that they love their team and coach though.

Comment

"17 04's passed" seems ridiculously high. I can think of one washington kids and a few pcu kids. All westside invites and ADF invites were accepted i think. Maybe there were 13 invitees not on those teams that turned it down but that seems unlikely.
        You are talking about the offers after thectryouts. There was a privately held tryout with all DA Players at Providence Park. My don was one that did not accept the spot. I think 17 is high but I'm confident that 11 players declined spots. This opened up the door for the players outside the DA

Comment

Interesting . . . Washington Timbers is turning out to be the most independent of the alliance on multiple fronts.

Comment

Interesting . . . Washington Timbers is turning out to be the most independent of the alliance on multiple fronts.
            Perhaps everyone should be a little resistant to some entity coming in and saying they have rights to players and should be gifted them even though it shows that the Ryan millers and whoever are garbage at what they are doing.

Comment

Perhaps everyone should be a little resistant to some entity coming in and saying they have rights to players and should be gifted them even though it shows that the Ryan millers and whoever are garbage at what they are doing.
              Don't know Ryan, just developing a level of respect for Washington Timbers on a multitude of levels . . . . asking critically what is best for our kids is a good place to start.

Comment

Don't know Ryan, just developing a level of respect for Washington Timbers on a multitude of levels . . . . asking critically what is best for our kids is a good place to start.
                Screw the TA. Wash t needs to leave it. Or at least I would if I was in charge there.

Comment

The boys all text each other. Most said the 3 hour round trip 4 x / week was too much. One messaged saying he regrets that he turned it down. It's great that they love their team and coach though.
                  And they are all wrong. Tell them to speak to the 03 Washington Timbers boys that turn them down last year and is now not good enough to make the team

Comment

Screw the TA. Wash t needs to leave it. Or at least I would if I was in charge there.
                    It takes a board to vote in/out of a relationship. What about the sponsor who kicks in money to offset the cost of those jerseys and likely more. How do you explain to the sponsor that you want their money even without the Timbers name?

Maybe most people in the club are content with the relationship.

Comment

And they are all wrong. Tell them to speak to the 03 Washington Timbers boys that turn them down last year and is now not good enough to make the team
                      You're mad that your son didn't make a team this year?

Comment

I hear you. I meant that as a response to the claim that they turned academy down for the superior coaching in Washington (i'm sure they are fine coaches). I'm saying that there were other motivations besides the coaching although that could have been part of it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X