Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Life isn't fair. In the work world, I cannot tell you how many times the guy that socializes with the boss outside work, tells a good joke, or is the first one to throw others under the bus gets promoted over other better qualified candidates. You get used to it and carve your own niche to success. You certainly do not sue your way through life every time you do not get your way.
    From the article, and without knowing anything else about the boys and girls programs at the school in question, this seems like an incredibly naive suit.

1) the coaching staff running the program generally decides how they want to build their program, and how they want to use the JV team to do so. Perhaps the girls program and boys program have different views on how to use the JV roster?

2) is the Boys varsity loaded with Sophs and Juniors, and therefore will have lots of returning players the next year and no need for some extra benchwarming seniors?

3) maybe the girls varsity has a ton of seniors, and the coaches know that they need to leave some juniors on JV to get some playing time and not leave the cupboard bare next year?

4) I could see an issue if the AD has a published policy regarding juniors playing JV, but if the AD gives his /her coaches the lattitude to run their programs, there doesn't appear to be a case.

5) I would love to see how much Mommy has paid in club fees over the past 5 years.

Comment

For 1/10th the cost of this woman’s lawyer they could join GPS and get a snazzy Bayern jersey.
      or NEFC for some sweet Spurs gear

Comment

From the article, and without knowing anything else about the boys and girls programs at the school in question, this seems like an incredibly naive suit.

1) the coaching staff running the program generally decides how they want to build their program, and how they want to use the JV team to do so. Perhaps the girls program and boys program have different views on how to use the JV roster?

2) is the Boys varsity loaded with Sophs and Juniors, and therefore will have lots of returning players the next year and no need for some extra benchwarming seniors?

3) maybe the girls varsity has a ton of seniors, and the coaches know that they need to leave some juniors on JV to get some playing time and not leave the cupboard bare next year?

4) I could see an issue if the AD has a published policy regarding juniors playing JV, but if the AD gives his /her coaches the lattitude to run their programs, there doesn't appear to be a case.

5) I would love to see how much Mommy has paid in club fees over the past 5 years.
        All valid points, but someone is going to have to defend the roster size limits and why they are different for the two genders.

Comment

All valid points, but someone is going to have to defend the roster size limits and why they are different for the two genders.
          AD: “I encourage my coaches to manage their respective programs as they see fit. How they manage the year-to-year development of their programs, the roster sizes, and how they utilize lower level teams as feeders to the varsity - I leave to them.”

Done

Comment

AD: “I encourage my coaches to manage their respective programs as they see fit. How they manage the year-to-year development of their programs, the roster sizes, and how they utilize lower level teams as feeders to the varsity - I leave to them.”

Done
            That is fine ad except that if in leaving it to them, the boys have a program that is less then the girls program, you have a problem. Publically funded means there should be equality.

Comment

Update as of today: https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...6eababeaf.html

Comment

crazy

I have been a head varsity coach for longer than I care to admit. I create teams as I see fit. We can have 25 on a roster does than mean I carry 25? Nope, do I cut some Jrs, yep, do others play JV, yep. Does the "other" program at our HS use the same team creation skills I do? Nope....Its a joke for someone to tell me how to create my squads. Maybe they did not want a 4th year POOR player so they let him go now instead of feeling obligated to keeping them? Let soccer coaches coach, and let parents try to raise their kids...many struggle with that let alone trying to "manage" how teams are created on the HS level.

This mom has ruined her girls HS life....poor job mom!

Comment

I have been a head varsity coach for longer than I care to admit. I create teams as I see fit. We can have 25 on a roster does than mean I carry 25? Nope, do I cut some Jrs, yep, do others play JV, yep. Does the "other" program at our HS use the same team creation skills I do? Nope....Its a joke for someone to tell me how to create my squads. Maybe they did not want a 4th year POOR player so they let him go now instead of feeling obligated to keeping them? Let soccer coaches coach, and let parents try to raise their kids...many struggle with that let alone trying to "manage" how teams are created on the HS level.

This mom has ruined her girls HS life....poor job mom!
                  Have you been a troll for longer than you care to admit?

Comment

Seems like the judge ruled against them but daddy and mommy aren't giving up. I see see Kavanaugh casting the tie vote on this when it makes its way up to the nations highest court. If they win their case, they will force the team re-play their final jv game the day before school lets out just so the kid gets his 5 minutes of playing time.

Comment

The kid is obviously a poor player and the family is a bunch of crybabies.

Comment

The kid is obviously a poor player and the family is a bunch of crybabies.
                        -Kid (junior) wants to play on JV and has been on JV for two years
                        -Coach said he was a bubble player for Varsity which mean he's probably still good enough for JV
                        - Junior girls are allowed to play JV as juniors, boys are not - that is the angle to parents are suing on, that's there's different rules for girls and boys. There's also a question if it's a written policy or just kind of a tradition. From those standpoints there might be something there.
                        - All that said the parents are idiots and the kid is now probably mortified. Will they sue if he doesn't get into his top college choice?

Comment

I would not bother with this but the analogy to college makes no sense unless it is a public in star college. The HS is a public hs funded by local tax payers.

Comment

I would not bother with this but the analogy to college makes no sense unless it is a public in star college. The HS is a public hs funded by local tax payers.
                            Any education program that receives any federal funds is subject to Title 9. That includes the nation's public high schools. People think it only applies to college scholarships but it's broader than that.

Comment

Unfortunately this topic along with the 10000000 others in today's society will never be won. One side is just a bunch of lawnmower, helicopter pushers that do not want their kid to actually have to work for anything. They will use Title 9, "We pay taxes", well the other coach / team does not do it that way all to get what they want. They will do everything in their means to get their kid what they want. How bout all the time and money you waste as a parent acting like the world has done you and your kid wrong sit your kid down and explain to them how the real world is if you want it you have to earn it. Take some of the money you are wasting into lawyer / court fees and time crying to the coach, friends, AD and put your kid in private training or club soccer where they can learn. If no money then get him a ball, some cones and go play in the yard or drive to the park and practice like we all used to do. Watch you tube go on line their are thousands of training videos. If after say 6, 7 years and your kid is a Jr and still a JV player time to do something else.

Comment

Unfortunately this topic along with the 10000000 others in today's society will never be won. One side is just a bunch of lawnmower, helicopter pushers that do not want their kid to actually have to work for anything. They will use Title 9, "We pay taxes", well the other coach / team does not do it that way all to get what they want. They will do everything in their means to get their kid what they want. How bout all the time and money you waste as a parent acting like the world has done you and your kid wrong sit your kid down and explain to them how the real world is if you want it you have to earn it. Take some of the money you are wasting into lawyer / court fees and time crying to the coach, friends, AD and put your kid in private training or club soccer where they can learn. If no money then get him a ball, some cones and go play in the yard or drive to the park and practice like we all used to do. Watch you tube go on line their are thousands of training videos. If after say 6, 7 years and your kid is a Jr and still a JV player time to do something else.
                                The issue is the disparity in "rules" for girls JV allowing juniors and boys JV not allowing juniors on the squad. The player in question should have been allowed to play JV. Why cut a "bubble" varsity player their junior year instead of allowing them one more year to develop and play? Unlike girls, boys are still growing and developing physically at 17. It seems backwards where girls shouldn't be playing JV as juniors.

As to Title IX, either it applies equally to all or it should be removed. Those of us who love soccer in this country have seen men's college soccer programs gutted because of Title IX. Certainly fewer D1 teams for men, less money available for scholarships, etc. I get the intent to rebalance opportunity for women with men's football and basketball taking up so much budget, but the flip side is less men's programs at the D1 and D2 level in sports like soccer.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X