Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    We already have multiple threads discussing possession soccer with multiple people bashing how we play here in Oregon. But in your brilliance, we needed another thread to discuss this topic ad infinitum. If you are so brilliant with soccer, then you should coach. Think of all the good you would be doing the state of Oregon. It doesn't take much to get an E license. A little bit of money, a little time and you will be out there saving the Oregon youth. And you don't need more than a E license since you clearly know how to coach already. The E license is just something to get you in the door to some club.
    You clearly don't understand the meaning of "reasoning". Go argue with yourself, you might win.

Comment

The end of Soccer Dad

Listen up. You had your chance. Just let your kid play. Stop posting on forums like you deserve to coach Man U or because you once sat next to a guy that had a cousin that was married to a guy that looks like Wayne Rooney.

Just because you played soccer until you were 10 and then played intramurals at Mt. Hood Community College doesn't give you the right to condemn others, criticize A and B licenced coaches or talk **** about the DOC of your DD/DS's soccer club. Just because you watch the Fox Soccer Channel on Sunday when all of the real men are watching the Niners vs. Seahawks doesn't make you the soccer genius you think you are. It actually makes you a tool.

Comment

http://blog.3four3.com/2013/09/16/so...3+%283four3%29

You can spare us the I've been around since the stone ages and I'm so wise stuff. While some college teams play more direct than others, none of them play kick ball. And it's precisely the fact that these times are priceless that I'd like to see a better experience.

Your grandpa good old days comments are all great and mom and apple pie and stuff, the kind of thing that people can't argue against like baby bunny rabbits are cute, but which team in this video do you think is having more fun playing. What experience would your kid rather have. What would you rather watch as a parent. Do you think your speed demon would have been better prepared if she played for the team featured in the first half of the video or the team in the second half. It's not about being a purist, it's about the desire to move beyond kick ball, and

1) have MORE fun than a kick ball team
        2) learn MORE about life skills than a kick ball team, like sticking to a discipline, learning to problem solve, building a skill, working as a team
        3) developing friendships that are even stronger because 1 and 2 above were so much better than a kick ball team
        4 getting out of the house because you love to play because 1, 2, and 3 above are so much better than on a kick ball team

While I do appreciate that you are actually offering a good explanation and reasoning, I have two comments:

- If you really want to offer useful comments, you will get a lot more mileage if you use a constructive approach. If you tell everyone they are idiots, but then try to tell them how you know better, that is never going to get any traction.

- I know a lot better than ever clicking on a link from this anonymous chat room so maybe you could tell more about what this link is about?

Comment

Listen up. You had your chance. Just let your kid play. Stop posting on forums like you deserve to coach Man U or because you once sat next to a guy that had a cousin that was married to a guy that looks like Wayne Rooney.

Just because you played soccer until you were 10 and then played intramurals at Mt. Hood Community College doesn't give you the right to condemn others, criticize A and B licenced coaches or talk **** about the DOC of your DD/DS's soccer club. Just because you watch the Fox Soccer Channel on Sunday when all of the real men are watching the Niners vs. Seahawks doesn't make you the soccer genius you think you are. It actually makes you a tool.
          Real Men? Really, that's what you go at him with? Go back to your skill less, table-waiting, day-worker, hourly, labor-based, sales job you troglobite...now bring me my check I'm done with lunch, and go clean my dishes.

Comment

Hyphens

Real Men? Really, that's what you go at him with? Go back to your skill less, table-waiting, day-worker, hourly, labor-based, sales job you troglobite...now bring me my check I'm done with lunch, and go clean my dishes.
            Rule 1

To check whether a compound noun is two words, one word, or hyphenated, you may need to look it up in the dictionary. If you can't find the word in the dictionary, treat the noun as separate words.

Comment

This is E P I C - ha!

Comment

Rule 1

To check whether a compound noun is two words, one word, or hyphenated, you may need to look it up in the dictionary. If you can't find the word in the dictionary, treat the noun as separate words.

Rule 2

Don't care what folks on an anonymous chat room think about your grammar.

Comment

This is E P I C - ha!
                  Shouldn't you always wait 10-15 minutes before you reply to your own posts on in an anonymous chat room?

Comment

Shouldn't you always wait 10-15 minutes before you reply to your own posts on in an anonymous chat room?
                    if it were mine (i don't think that fast)

Comment

Rule 2

Don't care what folks on an anonymous chat room think about your grammar.
                      That is awesome. Just type slowly so he can follow you. This guy is incredible...

Comment

How does allowing a team to use a couple fast forwards to always play boot ball (which is direct play) helpful to developing the rest of team players? This kind of moronic idea stems from short-sighted, spoiled, parents who are focused on wins, wins only to sooth their twisted egos so they might strut proudly on the way back to to their car post-game. This is exactly why the US is so very far behind in many things, especially soccer. Immediate gratification (wins) traded for long-term success (learning the game) drives these choices in club and rec soccer. One style of play (possession) takes patience and strategic thinking the other caters to emotionally immature children pretending to be sports educated soccer moms. You see mommy wants a win, so Coach better deliver.

These parents really just want to post / share a pic of their DD, sporting a medal from their latest boot ball win onto Facebook, and are more interested in filling out their latest scrapbook, than actually dreaming of their kids learning the beautiful game. The "Soccer Mom", ignorant of the game, drivin by boredom and ego, more intertested in bragging to the neighbor about their young kids meaningless weekend success, are the single worst thing to occur in US soccer. Tell Mom to shut up, stay home, away from the pitch, find a new hobby (kids sports are not an adult hobby) and stop ruining this game with your cursory knowledge of Soccer. Go back to school, volunteer at a homeless shelter, or just take up drinking during the day, but stay out of this game please.
                        The ********* reincarnated. Father of the fat slow girl who only gets to play 10 min a game and always at center back. Try volleyball, or better yet, track where she can throw the discus and shotput. Seems like a more fitting endeavor for her.

Comment

Clueless in Stumptown

The ********* reincarnated. Father of the fat slow girl who only gets to play 10 min a game and always at center back. Try volleyball, or better yet, track where she can throw the discus and shotput. Seems like a more fitting endeavor for her.
                          Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzip. That was the sound of the point going over your head. This post is sooooooo spot on that like the show All in the Family talking whne Archie was about bigotry they are talking about YOU and you don't see a problem with the behavior so aptly described.

Comment

OR Soccer moms love medicore soccer

As long as the other parents are nice and we can drink after the tourney games who cares if my kids coach really is teaching her/him how to play.

Who cares if the club is more about paying the DOC big dollars than about developing soccer in our area as long as he knows my name and delivers those U12 state cups!

I'll write those premier level checks as longs as they make me feel like my daughter is having fun. Never mind that for a quarter as much she could be playing REC.

Comment

As long as the other parents are nice and we can drink after the tourney games who cares if my kids coach really is teaching her/him how to play.

Who cares if the club is more about paying the DOC big dollars than about developing soccer in our area as long as he knows my name and delivers those U12 state cups!

I'll write those premier level checks as longs as they make me feel like my daughter is having fun. Never mind that for a quarter as much she could be playing REC.
                              Don't try to talk to the skunk. He has no idea.

Comment

3four3 is a real blog whether you agree with them or not

While I do appreciate that you are actually offering a good explanation and reasoning, I have two comments:

- If you really want to offer useful comments, you will get a lot more mileage if you use a constructive approach. If you tell everyone they are idiots, but then try to tell them how you know better, that is never going to get any traction.

- I know a lot better than ever clicking on a link from this anonymous chat room so maybe you could tell more about what this link is about?
                                3four3 is a legitimate blog devoted to youth soccer, by 2 brothers who have done some amazing things in youth soccer in s.cal (one is the primary blogger, the other the primary coach).

I don't agree with all aspects (the blog at times borders on being flame throwers), but it is an interesting read and I think influences a number of posters on this forum (some of the tone and even quotes come straight from the blog).

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X