Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Well put. As for FPS, wait and see. Time for their annual "shuffling of the deck"

two big things to point out / be concerned with.

1) WHY are the coaches leaving? I mean REALLY why. They can't ALL have "family" issues and have to go back home.

2) Is this really BEST for the kids? Stability is very important is it not?
    I have not been able to read any posts lately but I am an an FCA parent on the u14 team. My best advice for anyone is to "just wait and see what happens". Rumors have been flying around like crazy as they do each year at this time and we have no control over rumors. Just wait it out and go to the tryout(s) that you feel will best benefit your son/daughter. Look at the positives...you have numerous options for your child to land on a quality team somewhere.

Comment

Yankee you are right but the fact is this model does not work. Kids do need some stability.

The English model does not work at FCA and does not work at OCYS.

Comment

Watch out. With Bundesliga dominating UEFA CL. We may start seeing German coaches soon.

8-)

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee2 View Post
          I have not been able to read any posts lately but I am an an FCA parent on the u14 team. My best advice for anyone is to "just wait and see what happens". Rumors have been flying around like crazy as they do each year at this time and we have no control over rumors. Just wait it out and go to the tryout(s) that you feel will best benefit your son/daughter. Look at the positives...you have numerous options for your child to land on a quality team somewhere.
          So do you know? Is it happening? Why do we have to wait if it is known? So FCA can bait players in with the promise of a D.O.C./Coach who will NOT be there?

Does that seem right Yankee? Be honest.

Comment

So do you know? Is it happening? Why do we have to wait if it is known? So FCA can bait players in with the promise of a D.O.C./Coach who will NOT be there?

Does that seem right Yankee? Be honest.
            Heard about this yesterday and wasn't going to say anything since not sure if it's true but since this is already up...

I wish the FCA D.O.C. the best in whatever he decides to do. He is a great coach and a great guy. If this is true. I feel bad for the U-14 team he coaches. This will be their 4th coach. In just under 2 years.

Yankee2 can you confirm or not if it is true. Surely you being with the U-14 A team you already know as that team is one of (if not the) flagship team for that club.

Comment

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree

Over many years we’ve competed against youth soccer club teams from the central Florida area. We’ve seen a seemingly disproportionate number of players from this area with “bad” attitudes: arguing with refs, yelling at their own teammates, bad sportsmanship, etc.

After reading through many of these threads about some of the youth soccer clubs in central Florida filled with arrogance and pomposity, it now becomes clear why too many youth players from this area behave as they do: “the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree”.

Comment

Over many years we’ve competed against youth soccer club teams from the central Florida area. We’ve seen a seemingly disproportionate number of players from this area with “bad” attitudes: arguing with refs, yelling at their own teammates, bad sportsmanship, etc.

After reading through many of these threads about some of the youth soccer clubs in central Florida filled with arrogance and pomposity, it now becomes clear why too many youth players from this area behave as they do: “the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree”.
                Really? This is actually one of the more "civil" posts so far.

Comment

The FKK people seem to be making the rounds to stir the pot and cause confusion try and get folks over to their new club. It's all pretty nasty. One of the individuals stirring the pot ought to have enough of TS, but I guess he hasn't. The FCA brand is what it is and has been around and is definitely a credible club. You trouble makers should leave us out of your crap and go enjoy trying to build your new club the right way.

Comment

FCA and the English go together like Peanut butter and Chocolate. MMMMM . . . delicious!

Comment

The FKK people seem to be making the rounds to stir the pot and cause confusion try and get folks over to their new club. It's all pretty nasty. One of the individuals stirring the pot ought to have enough of TS, but I guess he hasn't. The FCA brand is what it is and has been around and is definitely a credible club. You trouble makers should leave us out of your crap and go enjoy trying to build your new club the right way.
                      nobody said you weren't credible. Are you READING the posts. The credibility issue came up when one of you tried to say there is no DRAMA at that club.

again, just be honest FCA. Isn't it time for the lying to stop. that's 3 different FCA parents posting on here and not one of you has confirmed that the D.O.C. is NOT leaving.

Do you really not know? What does that say about how much your club respects you if people OUTSIDE the club do?
                      Or are you trying to lure kids to tryouts with the illusion of staff that won't be there.

Comment

nobody said you weren't credible. Are you READING the posts. The credibility issue came up when one of you tried to say there is no DRAMA at that club.

again, just be honest FCA. Isn't it time for the lying to stop. that's 3 different FCA parents posting on here and not one of you has confirmed that the D.O.C. is NOT leaving.

Do you really not know? What does that say about how much your club respects you if people OUTSIDE the club do?
                        Or are you trying to lure kids to tryouts with the illusion of staff that won't be there.
                        So I'm guessing that you would strongly recommend that we consider moving to a club that's new and has a certain influential Jamaican DOC? Is this your best marketing FKK? Bash and hope. C'mon you can do better.

Comment

Originally posted by Freekick View Post
                          Heard about this yesterday and wasn't going to say anything since not sure if it's true but since this is already up...

I wish the FCA D.O.C. the best in whatever he decides to do. He is a great coach and a great guy. If this is true. I feel bad for the U-14 team he coaches. This will be their 4th coach. In just under 2 years.

Yankee2 can you confirm or not if it is true. Surely you being with the U-14 A team you already know as that team is one of (if not the) flagship team for that club.
                          I know absolutely nothing!!! The only thing I know is that we play a very good Boca team tomorrow and if we win..we play the next day. Beyond that......everything is rumors until I hear something concrete. I"m not really concernd about this model of soccer or that model of soccer and I think most of you are crazy. My son enjoys playing with his team and his friends and I hope he can continue to do that. Good luck this weekend to my friends who play at Rush, OC and Fire. Love for Region B to come through but Region A will be tough.

Comment

So I'm guessing that you would strongly recommend that we consider moving to a club that's new and has a certain influential Jamaican DOC? Is this your best marketing FKK? Bash and hope. C'mon you can do better.
                            FKK has a Jamaican D.O.C? I don't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee2 View Post
                              I know absolutely nothing!!! The only thing I know is that we play a very good Boca team tomorrow and if we win..we play the next day. Beyond that......everything is rumors until I hear something concrete. I"m not really concernd about this model of soccer or that model of soccer and I think most of you are crazy. My son enjoys playing with his team and his friends and I hope he can continue to do that. Good luck this weekend to my friends who play at Rush, OC and Fire. Love for Region B to come through but Region A will be tough.
                              My apologies then. I thought you did. Good luck this weekend to your team.

Comment

I think they are recommending you get a CLUE as to what is happening at your OWN club. So you can make an "informed" decision.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X