Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barca Poaching

I've defended Barca against various baseless attacks for a while now (yes, they are really owned by the real Barca).

However, I'm starting to have a real problem with them continuing to actively recruit players during the playing season. My club has seen 4 players be recruited by Barca in the last two weeks and that is wrong. Once the season starts clubs are supposed to be hands off on other clubs players.

could have been the kids tried out and were undecided? and now are seeing the success and flocking over?

Comment

What's the difference between "poaching" and having "open tryouts" mid-season? I see SUSA is having tryouts for the Fall season

Comment

doesnt sound like they're physically going and stalking the teams...

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          could have been the kids tried out and were undecided? and now are seeing the success and flocking over?
          What success? They've played 2 games, with most teams winning 1 and losing or tying the other.

Comment

what age group?

Comment

what age group?
              Despicable

Comment

What's the difference between "poaching" and having "open tryouts" mid-season? I see SUSA is having tryouts for the Fall season
                An important distinction that needs clarification (along with the other post questioning if there are players who had previously tried out). Barca has its hands full so for now, this early, it's doubtful they're actively going after players. If it is allowed under league rules then they can add players whenever they want. Clubs do poach, but also parents actively seek out clubs as well.

If anyone is to blame, blame the parents who think it's ok to bail from one team just a few weeks in. If you're unhappy with a club that's fine - plenty of them or bad and certainly some just aren't a good fit for certain kids. But wait until the fall season is over to jump ship. It isn't fair to the others on the team, teaches your kid a poor lesson about quitting, and you'll still owe the club money for the fall regardless (if you haven't paid already).

Comment

I'm a Barca parent and from what I see Barca doesn't have the man power to poach. All the Barca trainers are from Spain and barely speak English. Its absolutely the parents who aren't happy at other teams coming over and getting invited from Barca Parents. Barca didn't really advertise the try-outs and they were late to even have them. My son also plays for his town team and a lot of the parents on his town team ask me about try outs for Barca and said this was the first they even heard of Barca having any teams.

Comment

Just heard from some of the parents who are leaving for Barca.

Two of the players have a cousin playing for Barca but it was not the cousin who approached our players. Their first contact was through unsolicited letters from Barca inviting them to come down to private tryouts. I'm assuming that Barca got the kids names through the cousin, but it was Barca itself who made contact with the letter asking them to come down.

That's pretty much open and shut poaching.

Comment

Just heard from some of the parents who are leaving for Barca.

Two of the players have a cousin playing for Barca but it was not the cousin who approached our players. Their first contact was through unsolicited letters from Barca inviting them to come down to private tryouts. I'm assuming that Barca got the kids names through the cousin, but it was Barca itself who made contact with the letter asking them to come down.

That's pretty much open and shut poaching.
                      I'm sorry but im not believing that

Comment

seriously. stop with the BS. get over it. accept it. Barca is real and they are not poaching.

and also, trump is the president.

Comment

seriously. stop with the BS. get over it. accept it. Barca is real and they are not poaching.

and also, trump is the president.
                          When is barca having another bring a friend or two day?

Comment

I'm sorry but im not believing that
                            Not only is it not credible, that isn't open and shut poaching to me. Family at Barca says "we have two cousins that might want to play" and Barca contacts them to try out? Meh. Plus the supposed cousins could have contacted Barca first because they heard good things about it. To me poaching is going to watch other teams play, tracking down names and phone numbers of players they like and making them offers they can't refuse (scholarships). Nor would Barca be the first and only club to supposedly poach - clubs do it all the time, often in direct violation of league rules.

Face it, if families were happy where they are they'd stay put. If you're losing a lot of players you better figure out why and fast before you're left with half a team.

Comment

Not only is it not credible, that isn't open and shut poaching to me. Family at Barca says "we have two cousins that might want to play" and Barca contacts them to try out? Meh. Plus the supposed cousins could have contacted Barca first because they heard good things about it. To me poaching is going to watch other teams play, tracking down names and phone numbers of players they like and making them offers they can't refuse (scholarships). Nor would Barca be the first and only club to supposedly poach - clubs do it all the time, often in direct violation of league rules.

Face it, if families were happy where they are they'd stay put. If you're losing a lot of players you better figure out why and fast before you're left with half a team.
                              Parents should be honored to have Barca contact them about their kids. Only a select group of talented kids can be part of the program. The results this weekend at the Northport, Brooklyn Italians and EDP tournaments do not lie. Trophies and medals all around for the top program in the region.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X