Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Merging WSM & thusc makes a lot of sense, especially if the kids are the priority. Like Bain a lot and don't know Atencio well enough to provide an opinion.

Cheers.
    So what happens to the "old mens" group after these mergers? Does the club only get one voice, do they keep two, or could they do like an OSSA and then seek a third seat?

Just wanting to understand my representation.

Comment

So what happens to the "old mens" group after these mergers? Does the club only get one voice, do they keep two, or could they do like an OSSA and then seek a third seat?

Just wanting to understand my representation.
      Great question...I don't know the politics. I lean towards thinking of the kids first and I think coordinating efforts of 2 good clubs that essentially pull from the same area would create a strong foundation for developing great players.

Comment

Sounds like WUSC is opening up the pocketbook again. They did it for Jim and now they are going after Cony.
        WUSC has opened the pocket book for a string of "guys"... NONE of which have worked out for the long term...

Comment

WUSC has opened the pocket book for a string of "guys"... NONE of which have worked out for the long term...
          If they fire John they would have plenty of money for Kony. Might be time to get back on the WUSC board and get rid of John, that's some wasted money.

Comment

If they fire John they would have plenty of money for Kony. Might be time to get back on the WUSC board and get rid of John, that's some wasted money.
            All that know the club know that it has been a money pit for years, and is still nothing more than a "rec" club. And that is just fine, it suits the community. Kony would be an interesting twist, but I do not know why they would want him.

Comment

Well maybe WSM should ask why there 11 and 12 years olds are throwing the "F" Bomb on the soccer field. Maybe the apple does not fall far from the tree! If that is what WUSC wants in a club than they should go for it!
              It's True and its not pretty behavior coming from young kids. Coach's behavior aint so pretty either though.

Comment

I know of at least one time just this spring when Kony belittled a lil girl in front of the whole team after they were scored upon and blamed her solely for the goal loud enough that others could hear it. He has been known to use foul language during practices as well. Im glad Im not a parent of a player on that team.

This is NOT how you motivate a child (or adult) at any age. If a player makes a mistake that results in the goal, they know it. Nobody has to say a word. If you want your players to play their hardest, continue to develop and cause them to take chances on the field, you have to promote those things that they do right, even if it doesnt win games or rack up the score. If a player is fearful of the mistake, they will never take chances.

Wasnt Kony ejected from a NWCL match in Seattle for using inappropriate language towards a ref too ?

Comment

I know of at least one time just this spring when Kony belittled a lil girl in front of the whole team after they were scored upon and blamed her solely for the goal loud enough that others could hear it. He has been known to use foul language during practices as well. Im glad Im not a parent of a player on that team.

This is NOT how you motivate a child (or adult) at any age. If a player makes a mistake that results in the goal, they know it. Nobody has to say a word. If you want your players to play their hardest, continue to develop and cause them to take chances on the field, you have to promote those things that they do right, even if it doesnt win games or rack up the score. If a player is fearful of the mistake, they will never take chances.

Wasnt Kony ejected from a NWCL match in Seattle for using inappropriate language towards a ref too ?
                  Cony is not even with the team in question anymore. Yes Cony did get kicked out of a NWCL game but not for language but for telling the guy to do his job. I love how people get on here with half truths about coaches and players.

Comment

Cony is not even with the team in question anymore. Yes Cony did get kicked out of a NWCL game but not for language but for telling the guy to do his job. I love how people get on here with half truths about coaches and players.
                    Give me a break are you really defending that guy?

Comment

My child has played for Cony in the past and had a great experience. Yes, Cony can get a little intense sometimes but nothing that was out of line. My child picked up no bad habits at all. If my child was swearing on the field I wouldn't be blaming the coach, I'd be blaming myself.

Comment

Give me a break are you really defending that guy?
                        Crawl back under your rock. SSC Fan

Comment

Interested

reading these posts in laughable.

But one of the comments suggested that a coach was able to "sneak" a player off the field.

Was it the the use of the 'blue angels" flying overhead? or "freezing time" and poof they dissapear routine...or did he use the mirrors to create this.

Love the lunancy.

Comment

Worked with Cony

I have worked with Cony since he can to Oregon.

Sure, he is strong willed and colorful language. They are other coaches out there with the same faults/strengths.

One thing that drive a lot of people nuts, he tells you want he sees without any sugar to make it go down easy. Life sucks.

Competitive Soccer is a hard business. Some Parents are crazy (maybe more than some) and Kids thinks this is still Rec Soccer.

My kids have worked with him and they know where they stand at all times. No lies or fairy tales. My daughter has not issues working with him.

So. Live sucks. I know that Cony will laugh that this Crap being said about him. What does not kill you will make you stronger.

Comment

I have worked with Cony since he can to Oregon.

Sure, he is strong willed and colorful language. They are other coaches out there with the same faults/strengths.

One thing that drive a lot of people nuts, he tells you want he sees without any sugar to make it go down easy. Life sucks.

Competitive Soccer is a hard business. Some Parents are crazy (maybe more than some) and Kids thinks this is still Rec Soccer.

My kids have worked with him and they know where they stand at all times. No lies or fairy tales. My daughter has not issues working with him.

So. Live sucks. I know that Cony will laugh that this Crap being said about him. What does not kill you will make you stronger.

So has he been fired from metros or what?

Comment

So has he been fired from metros or what?
                                Nope, still with WSM.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X