Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    so i guess we're not supposed to ask any questions?
    This site is a TERRIBLE place to ask questions. Contact your club if you have questions. I also don't believe you. The title of this thread insinuates too much.

Comment

so i guess we're not supposed to ask any questions?
      Of course you are. Just ask those questions to people who can give you credible, factual answers. It is a better use of your time and energy.

Comment

If the clubs have this information, why aren't they posting it? With tryouts around the corner, they should at least be posting all info for U14 ecnl. Crazy that people have to come on here to try to find answers to basic questions.

Comment

You can't compare costs to clubs up north. They have 3-4x the money and support.

It would be very unwise to even think the number down here will be close to up north. Non ecnl kids pay more for dues at those clubs up north and it helps fund the ecnl program
          Clubs up north don't have to rent fields, they have their own complexes. Figure that into equation.

The majority of top players in this area trying to get a scholarship d1 and below won't even come close to 15k over 4 years in soccer money. Majority will only get 3-4 per year if they are lucky.

Clubs up north have enormous rosters to help keep costs low. That will not happen down here.

Ecnl parents need to start to realize that 8k is an accurate assumptions of what it will cost here. You can be angry or try to deflect but if you keep saying 5500 and the actual cost it 8-9k. Not only will you look bad but will deter people from joining.

There has been many D1 players come from this area when we didn't have ecnl. We will still have the same amount from non ecnl and ecnl clubs. The difference will be, some will spend a lot to do it and some will continue to do it without.

My dd is going to a top d1 school and we didn't do ecnl even after being asked. Don't think its a bad program but it's terribly not worth it if 8k is a large figure to your family. If you have a good club team u16 and above that does 3-4 good showcases a year is good enough to get seen by coaches.

I think ecnl is good to have In this area but do not be fooled into thinking it is the only and best way to have your dd accomplish her goals. Imagine taking half of 8k a year and putting that toward room and board while the academics and soccer money go to tuition and you ll be fine.

There are too many players on ecnl teams who don't get any money and way too many people who don't do ecnl that get to top schools to think ecnl is the only way.

Now for those of you ecnl promoting parents that can't stand a logical point, go ahead and prove otherwise with slander and idiotic barbs.

Comment

If the clubs have this information, why aren't they posting it? With tryouts around the corner, they should at least be posting all info for U14 ecnl. Crazy that people have to come on here to try to find answers to basic questions.
            Even more crazy you come here for real information.

Comment

What none of you understand is the dollar amount that you can EXPECT to get if your kid is good enough to play college soccer.

Would you really spend 32,000 over 4 years when that pays for college regardless if they choose to play soccer not.

You are paying for an experience with ecnl. That is it.

Coaching doesn't change. Development doesn't factor in considering the ecnl kids who can't make a NAIA school. Exposure is more on a consistent level and way more if your club team can't get into anything. But what you people need to understand is that if your on a good club team will access to good tournaments, it takes one tournament to show your worth to a coach and another 2-3 for them to keep eyes on you if they aren't sold. This has and will be continued without playing ecnl.

The moment a player gets a d1 scholarship through their own club team is the moment that the college investment idea goes out the window.

Comment

Yea yea yea blah blah blah.... We get it. Thousands of kids get scholarships to D1 schools every year without ever playing in the ECNL.

The fact is that the ECNL is currently the top leave for girls in the country. It is regional which means there is a lot of travel so it is expensive. ECNL is the best option for top players right now. There are and will always be alternatives.

Comment

Interesting

What none of you understand is the dollar amount that you can EXPECT to get if your kid is good enough to play college soccer.

Would you really spend 32,000 over 4 years when that pays for college regardless if they choose to play soccer not.

You are paying for an experience with ecnl. That is it.

Coaching doesn't change. Development doesn't factor in considering the ecnl kids who can't make a NAIA school. Exposure is more on a consistent level and way more if your club team can't get into anything. But what you people need to understand is that if your on a good club team will access to good tournaments, it takes one tournament to show your worth to a coach and another 2-3 for them to keep eyes on you if they aren't sold. This has and will be continued without playing ecnl.

The moment a player gets a d1 scholarship through their own club team is the moment that the college investment idea goes out the window.
                  You are essentially paying to put your kid into a more consolidated pool to be looked at. For 8k, I would rather not pay that and just target those schools in Vegas or surf or whatever.

If my dd is good enough, it doesn't take ecnl for her play in school as her sister didn't need it.

If you are an average player......the idea of spending that much IF its a burden on your family is ridiculous. If you can spend it, why wouldn't you want to try it.

Comment

You are essentially paying to put your kid into a more consolidated pool to be looked at. For 8k, I would rather not pay that and just target those schools in Vegas or surf or whatever.

If my dd is good enough, it doesn't take ecnl for her play in school as her sister didn't need it.

If you are an average player......the idea of spending that much IF its a burden on your family is ridiculous. If you can spend it, why wouldn't you want to try it.
                    And that is your choice. Many people will not agree with you.

If you really see this as an investment are nuts. It is about supporting your daughters aspirations and ability.

Comment

Yea yea yea blah blah blah.... We get it. Thousands of kids get scholarships to D1 schools every year without ever playing in the ECNL.
                      I don't think you do get it. If your a D1 level player in this area. You will get to where you need to go without it. I would bet that over your idea that they need ecnl any day of the week.

There hasn't been a point where someone said, wow that's a d1 player. Too bad they ended up going to community college because they didn't spend 8k on doing ecnl.

There are more kids from this area who went d1 by simply playing on an above average club teams than players who tried to make it work doing ecnl. That is not a knock but a fact and until people can start to see that ecnl is an experience not an college tuition payment they would be better off and people like you who need to convince everyone so their kid will not be on a awful ecnl team should re think that strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy View Post
                        I don't think you do get it. If your a D1 level player in this area. You will get to where you need to go without it. I would bet that over your idea that they need ecnl any day of the week.

There hasn't been a point where someone said, wow that's a d1 player. Too bad they ended up going to community college because they didn't spend 8k on doing ecnl.

There are more kids from this area who went d1 by simply playing on an above average club teams than players who tried to make it work doing ecnl. That is not a knock but a fact and until people can start to see that ecnl is an experience not an college tuition payment they would be better off and people like you who need to convince everyone so their kid will not be on a awful ecnl team should re think that strategy.
                        Read the post above. Do what you want. You're NUTS if you think youth soccer is an investment.

Comment

And that is your choice. Many people will not agree with you.

If you really see this as an investment are nuts. It is about supporting your daughters aspirations and ability.
                          Many people would not agree with me? I can tell you I have more experience than you do in this area and just because this is your first go at things doesn't mean you get to ignorantly speaking without any support. My kid is going d1 without ecnl and I've seen how this process works, talked to coaches who came to see my kid after one lousy showcase tournament.

And supporting my daughters ability is simply just letting her commit to the game without me playing it for her (YOU) and know I have an experienced coach to make sure she gets the right advice.

You need this. I get it. But don't be surprised when you look back at all of this and say. *** was I thinking.

Comment

IF YOU ARE CONCERNED ABOUT COST, JUST DON'T DO IT.

Everything is going to cost more than the official quote from the club. It always does with everything soccer related. That's ok. If you are really worried about another $2000 out of your budget, you are probably pushing the limits of your capacity. There are lots of good opportunities that cost 1/10th the price.

Last year, my son's team won OYSA state cup and next thing you know we are booking airfare and hotel for a week for regionals. There was $6000 that we didn't budget for. But that was ok, because it was totally worth it.

Comment

There is a lot of ignorant people out there. Clearly there are some who will say ecnl gets you a brand new coach, scholarship, and skills just by joining on and will say anything to get you to feel like its worth the ridiculous cost.

There is also a lot of ignorant people who don't think ecnl needs to be here and will say anything hope that it fails.

Facts are facts.

Ecnl costs do not make any sense if you are riding on a college scholarship. Might as well play the lotto.

Ecnl "experience" is better than the status quotient right now. And don't try to argue that.

Development wise, you can't make a claim for either side because there are good players from either side getting forward and bad players from either side getting ignored.

You don't need ecnl to get seen. You actually don't need a top club team to be seen. I

If you want to play at a school, go to a tournament they are at or go to their id camp. If that doesn't work, doing ecnl won't help and all your doing is fooling yourself.

If our club doesn't have what we need when my dd gets to 16 or 17, we ll go find a club that does ecnl or not. Until then, I'm not going to be part of an expensive experiment because a few crazy parents I know think this will make their kids dreams come true.

Comment

IF YOU ARE CONCERNED ABOUT COST, JUST DON'T DO IT.

Everything is going to cost more than the official quote from the club. It always does with everything soccer related. That's ok. If you are really worried about another $2000 out of your budget, you are probably pushing the limits of your capacity. There are lots of good opportunities that cost 1/10th the price.

Last year, my son's team won OYSA state cup and next thing you know we are booking airfare and hotel for a week for regionals. There was $6000 that we didn't budget for. But that was ok, because it was totally worth it.
                                Agree with your fact about 1:10th of price but I do question that you spent 6k for regionals. What a scam on you.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X