Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECNL = $8,000 to $10,000 per year???

There are the advertised costs and then there are all the add ons. Not to mention parent travel costs.

Can anyone WITH experience give a realistic cost per year?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    There are the advertised costs and then there are all the add ons. Not to mention parent travel costs.

Can anyone WITH experience give a realistic cost per year?
    $6 - 8K all in depending on age group and number of showcases attended. About $2K more than if you're DD is already on a top Portland-area team.

Comment

$8,000 is a pretty reasonable estimate for the player. If you want to travel to watch your daughter play, it's probably closer to $12,000 per year with hotels, gas, airfare...etc

But it's worth it. Invest $30k for a college scholarship? That's a good return on investment.

Comment

$8,000 is a pretty reasonable estimate for the player. If you want to travel to watch your daughter play, it's probably closer to $12,000 per year with hotels, gas, airfare...etc

But it's worth it. Invest $30k for a college scholarship? That's a good return on investment.
        invest 30k for a 30-50k scholarship?

invest more time in academics and most of the money for school is covered. Soccer is the extra.

Invest 12k into soccer and the other 28k into a mutual fund and you'll do much better than a soccer scholarship.

There's more than one way to skin a cat

Comment

$6 - 8K all in depending on age group and number of showcases attended. About $2K more than if you're DD is already on a top Portland-area team.
          We are spending $8k this year, maybe more.

Comment

I think it's probably closer to $15,000 per year with everything included. My niece is on an ECNL team up north. It's not cheap but it's good experience.

Comment

We are spending $8k this year, maybe more.
              Then add at least 2k on top of that. Probably more...

Comment

You guys are nuts to pay this. I couldn't and wouldn't even if my family had the means. Where does it stop?

Comment

How much is it worth to you to not have to watch TA bootball every weekend?

Comment

Yet another stupid thread from the Timbers. You look desperate.

Comment

It is very simple to call or email a current ECNL club on the West Coast and get some real figures. Some of the figures being thrown around on here are not accurate I'm afraid.

Comment

It is very simple to call or email a current ECNL club on the West Coast and get some real figures. Some of the figures being thrown around on here are not accurate I'm afraid.
                        Scare tactics. This site is about spreading misinformation.

Comment

Yet another stupid thread from the Timbers. You look desperate.
                          I'm the one who started this question and I with one of the clubs that got ecnl. I'm just trying to get good information which is elusive.

Comment

I'm the one who started this question and I with one of the clubs that got ecnl. I'm just trying to get good information which is elusive.

Read post #11 and inform/educate yourself. Additionally you could contact the Ecnl staff. Just go to their website. That's how you will find "good information."

Comment

Read post #11 and inform/educate yourself. Additionally you could contact the Ecnl staff. Just go to their website. That's how you will find "good information."
                              so i guess we're not supposed to ask any questions?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X