X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    A lot of thusc girls on there?
    That would be unfortunate because I would assume that would mean politics played a role. THUSC wanted to be the ecnl team.

Comment

FCP struggled with Eastside, couldn't beat ETFC, and got beat by CFC twice. They are only adding a few players and will be competitive out of state? They played Mustang and crossfire and did not do very well.

I am not trolling. Just discussing. Didn't they need to add more than a couple players to compete regionally?
      They will be fine. The way they play takes time. At 12 and 13 they are just now maturing both physically and mentally.

Comment

No offense at all, but thusc is 6th or 7th place Oregon team. Bottom of a unified Oregon Premier league. How do they compete out of state?

Has thusc played out of state? Results?
        I won't rehash the results but I will say that they did not do well. I'm sure only a handful made the U14CU team.

Comment

A lot of thusc girls on there?
          No way to know. But considering WUSC is another top team at this age and that they are affiliated with Crossfire United ECNL then they should have some players on that roster. One could argue a lot of them. If I were a betting man I would bet its 55% THUSC, 45% WUSC and 10% other. If the whole Crossfire United ECNL model (combining 5 or 6 clubs) is going to work you would hope that sort of ratio. Can't have any one club solely bare the burden of developing all the players for ECNL.

Comment

I won't rehash the results but I will say that they did not do well. I'm sure only a handful made the U14CU team.
            Didn't they play in Arizona or Vegas. I think FC went to that as well. Knowing THUSC I bet they have some of those results on their home page. That club sort of mandates that their top team travel a lot and that travel includes out of state.

Comment

No way to know. But considering WUSC is another top team at this age and that they are affiliated with Crossfire United ECNL then they should have some players on that roster. One could argue a lot of them. If I were a betting man I would bet its 55% THUSC, 45% WUSC and 10% other. If the whole Crossfire United ECNL model (combining 5 or 6 clubs) is going to work you would hope that sort of ratio. Can't have any one club solely bare the burden of developing all the players for ECNL.
              You just made 110%. I hope your kid is smarter than you are. It takes more than soccer skills to get a D1 scholarship.

Comment

FCP struggled with Eastside, couldn't beat ETFC, and got beat by CFC twice. They are only adding a few players and will be competitive out of state? They played Mustang and crossfire and did not do very well.

I am not trolling. Just discussing. Didn't they need to add more than a couple players to compete regionally?
                Answers to your questions. Yes. No.

Comment

FCP has some good soccer players but they simply aren't that athletic compared to other teams in Oregon. I suppose you can grow and get stronger but you can't teach speed and quickness.

If you take out the weak teams (Medford, wash timbers green) they haven't had much success in the watered down OYSA.

I suppose the ECNL will be less athletic?

Comment

FCP has some good soccer players but they simply aren't that athletic compared to other teams in Oregon. I suppose you can grow and get stronger but you can't teach speed and quickness.

If you take out the weak teams (Medford, wash timbers green) they haven't had much success in the watered down OYSA.

Keep trolling buddy. Where does your DD play? Eastside?

Comment

Thanks for catching that. Lets make it 45%, 45%, 10%.

Feel free to contribute your opinion now that the error has been corrected.

Comment

No offense at all, but thusc is 6th or 7th place Oregon team. Bottom of a unified Oregon Premier league. How do they compete out of state?

Has thusc played out of state? Results?

No wins out of state that I know of in the past year. Mostly losses but a few ties.

Comment

You don't have to be the most athletic to compete in soccer! You can out smart and be more cleaver. FC Portland will be fine.

Comment

No the ECNL league will be more athletic but there are ways to counter that. Not a problem if you have good coaching.

I've heard ECNL is tiering the league next year so the elite teams will play each other in the top division. Pulling out the top 30% will change the odds for Oregon teams.

Comment

Thanks for catching that. Lets make it 45%, 45%, 10%.

Feel free to contribute your opinion now that the error has been corrected.
                              You're welcome. And since you asked, anything less than 75% WUSC, 10% THUSC, 15% outside will expose this team as 110% political.

Comment

You don't have to be the most athletic to compete in soccer! You can out smart and be more cleaver. FC Portland will be fine.
                                If a player is not very athletic, then they really have to make up for it in other areas. Speed, quickness and agility are things that coaches love. If you aren't very athletic, colleges will notice. An unatletic player may make it in D3 or NAIA, but they won't make it in D1.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X