Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'01 Girls

How are the '01 girls looking for next year?

Eastside

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I had heard Eastside is team to beat. Anyone else in the age group worth watching?

Comment

Best thing you could do is never ever come on this site. Stop before you start the **** ball rolling. Have you even read some of the other threads on here, REALLY *** is wrong with you. Now go mow the lawn or something

Comment

Best thing you could do is never ever come on this site. Stop before you start the **** ball rolling. Have you even read some of the other threads on here, REALLY *** is wrong with you. Now go mow the lawn or something
        Good advice.

Comment

I had heard Eastside is team to beat. Anyone else in the age group worth watching?
          OPL Premier is a battle of the bootballers vs the passers. The division is pretty evenly split between the two. The passers won the fall league. Will the bootballers win the OPL cup?

Comment

?

OPL Premier is a battle of the bootballers vs the passers. The division is pretty evenly split between the two. The passers won the fall league. Will the bootballers win the OPL cup?
            Please explain, what teams are the bootballers, and whom are the passers.

Comment

Please explain, what teams are the bootballers, and whom are the passers.
              Bootball = fullback launches ball into orbit, big fast forward tries to guess where it will land and be the first one there, then toe-punts the ball toward the goal.

Given this definition you should be able to figure out which teams fit into which categories.

Comment

Bootball = fullback launches ball into orbit, big fast forward tries to guess where it will land and be the first one there, then toe-punts the ball toward the goal.

Given this definition you should be able to figure out which teams fit into which categories.
                These categories are far too simplistic and misguided for U11. Different coaches take different approaches to development (or lack of). Depending on the initial emphasis or combination of emphases, early successes will look completely different and not always in the form of game wins. Especially at U11, an emphasis on passing may actually indicate a lack of player development. Some may see a team at different developmental stages/goals as bootballers, if they're only capable of distinguishing the extremes. Any mildly observant person will notice that a great majority of the teams have grown at both the individual level and the team level from fall to spring...some more than others.

Comment

These categories are far too simplistic and misguided for U11. Different coaches take different approaches to development (or lack of). Depending on the initial emphasis or combination of emphases, early successes will look completely different and not always in the form of game wins. Especially at U11, an emphasis on passing may actually indicate a lack of player development. Some may see a team at different developmental stages/goals as bootballers, if they're only capable of distinguishing the extremes. Any mildly observant person will notice that a great majority of the teams have grown at both the individual level and the team level from fall to spring...some more than others.
                  Don't try to complicate things. The average Talking-Soccer reader can't distinguish shades of grey.

Comment

Moving to Vancouver area and have an 01 daughter. I'm hoping that the drama that appears to exist with the 99 group is not nearly so bad with the 01s?
                    Would love to stay in the area. It's hard to know what you're getting into not being from the area. So please, I would appreciate an honest rundown of Vancouver area clubs and their age level coaches.

Comment

You are an idiot. Why don't you go on 3four3 and read what Man U said about the development of Kleiban's team at U13 (and they tied Barcelona's A team - and I thi I it is a true A team). They didn't get that way by bootballing at U11. Passing is a sign of lack of development? Yeah, right! Stop trying to justify the crap that most teams play at this age in the Portland metro area.

Comment

Moving to Vancouver area and have an 01 daughter. I'm hoping that the drama that appears to exist with the 99 group is not nearly so bad with the 01s?
                        Would love to stay in the area. It's hard to know what you're getting into not being from the area. So please, I would appreciate an honest rundown of Vancouver area clubs and their age level coaches.
                        You can't go wrong at Vancouver Timbers. Only real premier club in Clark County. Here's the team information sheet for upcoming GU12's:

https://vancouvertimberssoccer.korri...13-2014-21.pdf

You can't ask for a better coach than Steve Studley. Totally committed. Works hard to develop every girl on the team. Never tries to sell the parents a line of BS. And his teams win! Just take a look at how well they're doing in WA State Cup:

http://wys-2013challengecup.affinitysoccer.com/tour/public/info/schedule_results2.asp?sessionguid=&flightguid={D63 CABA9-887F-402F-9298-CCCC160573A1}&tournamentguid=D8BBDEAA-0FE0-4487-A56C-27D59C2E8CA2

Comment

Me too. Anyone have any solid advice for Gu11, Gu12 and Gu13 in Vancouver?

Comment

On topic: Vancouver Timbers will most likely be your best bet for competitive soccer in the Vancouver area.

You are an idiot. Why don't you go on 3four3 and read what Man U said about the development of Kleiban's team at U13 (and they tied Barcelona's A team - and I thi I it is a true A team). They didn't get that way by bootballing at U11. Passing is a sign of lack of development? Yeah, right! Stop trying to justify the crap that most teams play at this age in the Portland metro area.
                            You've shown yourself to be doubly guilty of your own accusation, as you cannot manage to comprehend a simple paragraph stating what IS, not what SHOULD BE. Not to mention, the blog you mention states nothing concerning Man U speaking to development. A Man U youth rep stated his appreciation for the game he watched. Furthermore, GK acknowledges that all players that they take on at U11 are ALREADY top tier players...Oh my goodness...why am I indulging this clown???

Comment

Yeah probably not a good idea to engage the troll.

As to Vancouver, we've played against VUSA Timbers red and white in the U11 premier league and both are good squads with good coaches. One of the coaches, I'll let you figure out which one on your own, is pretty passionate and gets pretty animated during the games which I don't care for. However, I have heard that he is a good coach.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X