• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Haha, no place to hide from who?
    Everybody.

Comment

Okay, you sound like a serious person....with a serious message. I will be sure to tell my club that they have no place to hide. Might I inquire, just who they have been hiding from? I mean, it would be nice to know which club out there specifically? Or is it clubs? Actually, you know...now that I think about it... now I am confused by your thinly veiled, and ridiculous threat. To say that a club will not be able to hide, implies that they have hidden? How does being invited into a better league, against better teams indicate hiding? I mean, I know my son's has beaten every team in Oregon, and quite a few outside. But nonetheless, I get that you felt the need to say something dramatic and tough in the moment. I can respect that. I will agree with you, for the clubs coming back into OYSA, there will not be any hiding! I mean...well...yes....there will be some teams protected, dare I say hiding....those teams that are relegated to a lower level with the return of Westside, CFC, OPFC, FC and UPDX. Sorry, I hope that will not be your club? But if it is...I will still appreciate that you are a serious person, with a serious message. And of course, no means for which to carry it out. Oh, and FYI the only team in Oregon that has been hiding....Timbers Academy. Do yourself a favor and do a little research. With the exception of the 06 team, the rest are rubbish!! And are all at the bottom of the table. Just like the senior team. PTFC...which of course means Pretty Terrible Futbal Club.
      It's not a threat; it's an observation that some of the DA teams might be surprised at the level of some of the OYSA competition, especially the Hispanic teams. Just like Timbers Academy 05 isn't anywhere as good as they like to think--two of the little DA clubs here probably could beat them, or at least give them a game--the same is true for some of the Premier Green teams. 4H could certainly beat the snot out of UPDX or what's left of FC, and might be able to beat WashT or their Marion County neighbors. They might even give problems to WT or OPDX.

But the "hiding" argument, and other claims that the emperor has no clothes, works both ways. If TA is "hiding" in Washington DA, OYSA clubs can accuse DA clubs of hiding for the same reason. And likewise for ECNL and GDA.

If you are going to join a private league and say "we're too good to play against the local competition"--it looks a lot better if you demonstrate that first. The only 05 DA team that can really make that boast is FC (state cup), and several raptured players later, they now stink.

I look forward to tussling with teams like 4H or Cuervos or ADF or Bend Timbers next year. (And now that the boys are old enough to travel academy style, I don't have to drive to Redmond like I used to).

Again, be honest. DA didn't really change much at the local clubs. Certain coaches weren't available due to lack of an A or B license, but the style of training was mostly the same; the main differences were annoying substitution rules, free powerade, cameras, fewer games on the weekend, and no state cup. Your coach isn't going to suddenly turn into a moron just because it's not DA. And you'll be exposed to styles of soccer that the DA simply doesn't feature--you might not think they are good styles, but part of learning the game is learning how other cultures play it.

Comment

You mean

You mean you can’t wait to watch your son tussel. You don’t play

Comment

You mean you can’t wait to watch your son tussel. You don’t play
          Correct. Playing the same five teams gets old.

Comment

Correct. Playing the same five teams gets old.
            So, your son plays on UPDX. I get it....

Comment

Again, be honest. DA didn't really change much at the local clubs. Certain coaches weren't available due to lack of an A or B license, but the style of training was mostly the same; the main differences were annoying substitution rules, free powerade, cameras, fewer games on the weekend, and no state cup.

Your coach isn't going to suddenly turn into a moron just because it's not DA.

And you'll be exposed to styles of soccer that the DA simply doesn't feature--you might not think they are good styles, but part of learning the game is learning how other cultures play it.
              Conversely none of the inexperienced moron coaches became guru's or quality when their club joined the little DA.

Thanks for pointing this out above.

Comment

Opfc

Looks like they dropped DA as well?

Comment

Looks like they dropped DA as well?
                  No, DA dropped them.

Other than MLS academies and Crossfire Premier, no more DA in Pacific Northwest.

So opfc will need to drive the Benz to Salem to play 4H next year.

Comment

Then where the heck are the youngest Timbers teams going to play?

Comment

Then where the heck are the youngest Timbers teams going to play?
                      In a league against other teams with kids the same age.

Comment

In a league against other teams with kids the same age.
                        That could go poorly.

Comment

No, DA dropped them.

Other than MLS academies and Crossfire Premier, no more DA in Pacific Northwest.

So opfc will need to drive the Benz to Salem to play 4H next year.
                          A few years ago the bright shiny thing was ADF, and all the soccer mommies took their boys there.

Then came DA, and all the soccer mommies did the exact same thing when that was the shiny new object in youth soccer in Oregon.

I wonder what the next shiny bright thing will be, and when these people will realize that maybe they are better off staying put rather than dragging their kid to a new club every year.

Comment

A few years ago the bright shiny thing was ADF, and all the soccer mommies took their boys there.

Then came DA, and all the soccer mommies did the exact same thing when that was the shiny new object in youth soccer in Oregon.

I wonder what the next shiny bright thing will be, and when these people will realize that maybe they are better off staying put rather than dragging their kid to a new club every year.
                            Or maybe one or two of these clubs will stop rolling out the same mediocre garbage?

Comment

BECNL is the next shiny thing. You’ll need to have the desire to play all the top Seattle teams though.

Comment

BECNL is the next shiny thing. You’ll need to have the desire to play all the top Seattle teams though.
                                Thanks for letting me know. I desperately need to put the BECNL label on the instagram account I have documenting all of my son's soccer exploits now that I no longer have DA.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X