Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Exactly. Westside is all about the facts, so stick to facts y'all. Such as, fact...Cony will lie, cheat and steal to win a state cup. State cups are what is important. Cony will bring in, and fully subsidize any player, no questions asked if he thinks that kid will help further his clubs reputation. Seriously, just the facts people. The reality is that Timbers continue to screw over the state of oregon for their own DA in. Then those same people come on here and complain about other clubs. Same old bad joke...and I am tired of it.
    LOL-Rhetoric is in full force. -Happens every April ecase tryouts are right arod the corner.

Prove your "facts" so we can verify or dismiss for our selves.

Comment

Sounds like the usual suspects are ticked the rug was yanked out from under their feet.

Again.
      You mean? Oh...the Nike clubs! Got it. I was confused for a moment and mistakenly thought you meant all of Oregon youth soccer. But as I sit here and watch the Timbers get beat raced by San Jose (down 0-3 at the half..much like the Timbers Academy teams) I understand why you would say that.

Comment

Okay, so what in the heck is TA going to do?

You'd think that the supposed top of the pyramid might want to exert some influence here. But it actually looks like they might not even know what's going on?

Comment

LOL-Rhetoric is in full force. -Happens every April ecase tryouts are right arod the corner.

Prove your "facts" so we can verify or dismiss for our selves.
          Ourselves. Thank you for verifying the fact that you are an ignorant Timbers lemming. You are dismissed.

Yawn

Comment

This year the Timbers first team appears to suck.

Last year (after a similar horrible start) they went to the MLS Cup.

What does either of these things have to do with amateur youth club soccer?

Comment

This year the Timbers first team appears to suck.

Last year (after a similar horrible start) they went to the MLS Cup.

What does either of these things have to do with amateur youth club soccer?
              First off...last year was last year. Timbers got very lucky to make it to the finals. This year, they will be lucky to move out of last place. Sorry, but that is the sad reality. What does the ineptitude of the Timbers have to do with amateur youth soccer? Are you nee to Oregon? Do you have a child who plays? Timbers have done their level best to put their name and brand on every single aspect of youth soccer here in Oregon. From the power play they pulled with OYSA, the Timbers alliance clubs, and the (failed) attempt to block DA in Oregon, to the Timber's affiliates pulling out of DA in Oregon. Seriously, how do you not know this, or see this? Portland is a soccer crazy town, but the Timbers have slated the ground, and now you can see that the tree is dying.

Comment

First off...last year was last year. Timbers got very lucky to make it to the finals. This year, they will be lucky to move out of last place. Sorry, but that is the sad reality. What does the ineptitude of the Timbers have to do with amateur youth soccer? Are you nee to Oregon? Do you have a child who plays? Timbers have done their level best to put their name and brand on every single aspect of youth soccer here in Oregon. From the power play they pulled with OYSA, the Timbers alliance clubs, and the (failed) attempt to block DA in Oregon, to the Timber's affiliates pulling out of DA in Oregon. Seriously, how do you not know this, or see this? Portland is a soccer crazy town, but the Timbers have slated the ground, and now you can see that the tree is dying.
                You didn't answer the question. What does the success of the first team have to do with youth soccer?

The correct answer is "not much"--and that's actually a problem; they're not terribly invested in it. The Diegos have gotten old, since then Gavin has whiffed more often than he has struck gold, and MP might not feel any reason to spend more $$$ on talent as long as butts are filling Prov Park.

But it wasn't the Timbers' choice for Westside to pull out of DA--that was Cony's decision, not the decision of MP or LS or GW. I don't know about WashT, but the migration of many Seattle clubs to BECNL kind of forced their hand, at least at the older ages. (And I'm surprised Capital didn't pull out too).

Sorry that those clubs whose business model is "look, parents! Our league is better than OYSA!" just got the chair kicked out from under them--but let's be honest: did the DA patch improve the quality of coaching at your club? Or did it simply give your club a slight upper hand in recruiting players, and now you're worried that they won't drive out to Liberty or Tualatin or Tigard/NE Portland for training--without the patch they might as well return to the neighborhood club they came from?

I'm sure that with a year's notice, y'all will be able to join BECNL next year, and then you'll go out and tell everyone you're far too good to be messing around in OYSA, and that you're focused on "development" because you won't be getting your asses handed to you at State Cup. And I'm sure some tigermommy somewhere will be taken in by that sales pitch.

But in 2019-2020, it looks like you won't have any place to hide.

Comment

Exactly. Westside is all about the facts, so stick to facts y'all. Such as, fact...Cony will lie, cheat and steal to win a state cup. State cups are what is important. Cony will bring in, and fully subsidize any player, no questions asked if he thinks that kid will help further his clubs reputation. Seriously, just the facts people. The reality is that Timbers continue to screw over the state of oregon for their own DA in. Then those same people come on here and complain about other clubs. Same old bad joke...and I am tired of it.
                  omigosh! A soccer club provides subsidized training to some of its players! A soccer club engages in--gasp--recruiting! Next thing you'll tell me is that Westside tries to win soccer games!

What an outrage! What a scandal! Does OYSA know about this? Does US Soccer? Does FIFA?

Comment

You didn't answer the question. What does the success of the first team have to do with youth soccer?

The correct answer is "not much"--and that's actually a problem; they're not terribly invested in it. The Diegos have gotten old, since then Gavin has whiffed more often than he has struck gold, and MP might not feel any reason to spend more $$$ on talent as long as butts are filling Prov Park.

But it wasn't the Timbers' choice for Westside to pull out of DA--that was Cony's decision, not the decision of MP or LS or GW. I don't know about WashT, but the migration of many Seattle clubs to BECNL kind of forced their hand, at least at the older ages. (And I'm surprised Capital didn't pull out too).

Sorry that those clubs whose business model is "look, parents! Our league is better than OYSA!" just got the chair kicked out from under them--but let's be honest: did the DA patch improve the quality of coaching at your club? Or did it simply give your club a slight upper hand in recruiting players, and now you're worried that they won't drive out to Liberty or Tualatin or Tigard/NE Portland for training--without the patch they might as well return to the neighborhood club they came from?

I'm sure that with a year's notice, y'all will be able to join BECNL next year, and then you'll go out and tell everyone you're far too good to be messing around in OYSA, and that you're focused on "development" because you won't be getting your asses handed to you at State Cup. And I'm sure some tigermommy somewhere will be taken in by that sales pitch.

Haha, no place to hide from who?

Comment

Okay, you sound like a serious person....with a serious message. I will be sure to tell my club that they have no place to hide. Might I inquire, just who they have been hiding from? I mean, it would be nice to know which club out there specifically? Or is it clubs? Actually, you know...now that I think about it... now I am confused by your thinly veiled, and ridiculous threat. To say that a club will not be able to hide, implies that they have hidden? How does being invited into a better league, against better teams indicate hiding? I mean, I know my son's has beaten every team in Oregon, and quite a few outside. But nonetheless, I get that you felt the need to say something dramatic and tough in the moment. I can respect that. I will agree with you, for the clubs coming back into OYSA, there will not be any hiding! I mean...well...yes....there will be some teams protected, dare I say hiding....those teams that are relegated to a lower level with the return of Westside, CFC, OPFC, FC and UPDX. Sorry, I hope that will not be your club? But if it is...I will still appreciate that you are a serious person, with a serious message. And of course, no means for which to carry it out. Oh, and FYI the only team in Oregon that has been hiding....Timbers Academy. Do yourself a favor and do a little research. With the exception of the 06 team, the rest are rubbish!! And are all at the bottom of the table. Just like the senior team. PTFC...which of course means Pretty Terrible Futbal Club.

Comment

Ourselves. Thank you for verifying the fact that you are an ignorant Timbers lemming. You are dismissed.

Yawn
                        Old guy, where have you been?

You continue to spew rhetoric in place of fact.

You find comfort in believing the 1958 Disney myth about lemmings. Yet, as a reminder, several years ago I pointed out to you that lemmings going mindlessly off a cliff was proven to be a fallacy.

Yawn. I decide when I'm ready to leave. Not you.

"Lemmings do not commit mass suicide. It's a myth, but it's remarkable how many people believe it. Ask a few.

"It's a complete urban legend," said state wildlife biologist Thomas McDonough. "I think it blew out of proportion based on a Disney documentary in the '50s, and that brought it to the mainstream."

According to a 1983 investigation by Canadian Broadcasting Corporation producer Brian Vallee, the lemming scenes were faked. The lemmings supposedly committing mass suicide by leaping into the ocean were actually thrown off a cliff by the Disney filmmakers. The epic "lemming migration" was staged using careful editing, tight camera angles and a few dozen lemmings running on snow covered lazy-Susan style turntable.

"White Wilderness" was filmed in Alberta, Canada, a landlocked province, and not on location in lemmings' natural habitat. There are about 20 lemming species found in the circumpolar north - but evidently not in that area of Alberta. So the Disney people bought lemmings from Inuit children a couple provinces away in Manitoba and staged the whole sequence.

In the lemming segment, the little rodents assemble for a mass migration, scamper across the tundra and ford a tiny stream as narrator Winston Hibbler explains that, "A kind of compulsion seizes each tiny rodent and, carried along by an unreasoning hysteria, each falls into step for a march that will take them to a strange destiny."

That destiny is to jump into the ocean. As they approach the "sea," (actually a river -more tight cropping) Hibbler continues, "They've become victims of an obsession -- a one-track thought: Move on! Move on!"

The "pack of lemmings" reaches the final precipice. "This is the last chance to turn back," Hibbler states. "Yet over they go, casting themselves out bodily into space."

caption follows
                        Life-loving lemming: lemmings do not commit mass suicide, although in lean times they may become cannibalistic. These mouse-like rodents are found in Alaska and in northern countries around the world, mostly favoring tundra and open grassland.
                        Lemmings are seen flying into the water. The final shot shows the sea awash with dying lemmings.

Certainly, some scenes in nature documentaries are staged. In Sir David Attenborough's recent documentary, "The Life of Birds," the close-up footage of a flying duck, filmed razor-sharp from the bird's wingtip, was shot from a car using a mallard drake trained to fly alongside the car. But faking an entirely mythical event is something else.

"Disney had to have gotten that idea from somewhere," said Thomas McDonough, the state wildlife biologist. Disney likely confused dispersal with migration, he added, and embellished a kernel of truth.
                        Lemming populations fluctuate enormously based on predators, food, climate and other factors. Under ideal conditions, in a single year a population of voles can increase by a factor of ten. When they've exhausted the local food supply, they disperse, as do moose, beaver and many other animals.

Lemmings can swim and will cross bodies of water in their quest for greener pastures. Sometimes they drown. Dispersal and accidental death is a far cry from the instinctive, deliberate mass suicide depicted in "White Wilderness," but Hibbler explains that life is tough in the lemmings' "weird world of frozen chaos." The voice-over implies that lemmings take the plunge every seven to ten years to alleviate overpopulation.

"What people see is essentially mass dispersal," said zoologist Gordon Jarrell, an expert in small mammals with the University of Alaska Fairbanks. "Sometimes it's pretty directional. The classic example is in the Scandinavian mountains, where (lemmings) have been dramatically observed. They will come to a body of water and be temporarily stopped, and eventually they'll build up along the shore so dense and they will swim across. If they get wet to the skin, they 're essentially dead."

"There's no question that at times they will build up to huge numbers," Jarrell added. "One description from Barrow does talk about them drowning and piling up on the shore."

Jarrell said when people learn that he works with lemmings, the mass suicide issue often comes up.

"It's a frequent question," he said "'Do they really kill themselves?' No. The answer is unequivocal, no they don't."

https://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cf...articles_id=56

Comment

Tl;dr

Comment

Tl;dr
                            hurts my eyes

Comment

hurts my eyes
                              Ain’t nobody got time fo dat

Comment

Old guy, where have you been?

You continue to spew rhetoric in place of fact.

You find comfort in believing the 1958 Disney myth about lemmings. Yet, as a reminder, several years ago I pointed out to you that lemmings going mindlessly off a cliff was proven to be a fallacy.

Yawn. I decide when I'm ready to leave. Not you.

"Lemmings do not commit mass suicide. It's a myth, but it's remarkable how many people believe it. Ask a few.

"It's a complete urban legend," said state wildlife biologist Thomas McDonough. "I think it blew out of proportion based on a Disney documentary in the '50s, and that brought it to the mainstream."

According to a 1983 investigation by Canadian Broadcasting Corporation producer Brian Vallee, the lemming scenes were faked. The lemmings supposedly committing mass suicide by leaping into the ocean were actually thrown off a cliff by the Disney filmmakers. The epic "lemming migration" was staged using careful editing, tight camera angles and a few dozen lemmings running on snow covered lazy-Susan style turntable.

"White Wilderness" was filmed in Alberta, Canada, a landlocked province, and not on location in lemmings' natural habitat. There are about 20 lemming species found in the circumpolar north - but evidently not in that area of Alberta. So the Disney people bought lemmings from Inuit children a couple provinces away in Manitoba and staged the whole sequence.

In the lemming segment, the little rodents assemble for a mass migration, scamper across the tundra and ford a tiny stream as narrator Winston Hibbler explains that, "A kind of compulsion seizes each tiny rodent and, carried along by an unreasoning hysteria, each falls into step for a march that will take them to a strange destiny."

That destiny is to jump into the ocean. As they approach the "sea," (actually a river -more tight cropping) Hibbler continues, "They've become victims of an obsession -- a one-track thought: Move on! Move on!"

The "pack of lemmings" reaches the final precipice. "This is the last chance to turn back," Hibbler states. "Yet over they go, casting themselves out bodily into space."

caption follows
                                Life-loving lemming: lemmings do not commit mass suicide, although in lean times they may become cannibalistic. These mouse-like rodents are found in Alaska and in northern countries around the world, mostly favoring tundra and open grassland.
                                Lemmings are seen flying into the water. The final shot shows the sea awash with dying lemmings.

Certainly, some scenes in nature documentaries are staged. In Sir David Attenborough's recent documentary, "The Life of Birds," the close-up footage of a flying duck, filmed razor-sharp from the bird's wingtip, was shot from a car using a mallard drake trained to fly alongside the car. But faking an entirely mythical event is something else.

"Disney had to have gotten that idea from somewhere," said Thomas McDonough, the state wildlife biologist. Disney likely confused dispersal with migration, he added, and embellished a kernel of truth.
                                Lemming populations fluctuate enormously based on predators, food, climate and other factors. Under ideal conditions, in a single year a population of voles can increase by a factor of ten. When they've exhausted the local food supply, they disperse, as do moose, beaver and many other animals.

Lemmings can swim and will cross bodies of water in their quest for greener pastures. Sometimes they drown. Dispersal and accidental death is a far cry from the instinctive, deliberate mass suicide depicted in "White Wilderness," but Hibbler explains that life is tough in the lemmings' "weird world of frozen chaos." The voice-over implies that lemmings take the plunge every seven to ten years to alleviate overpopulation.

"What people see is essentially mass dispersal," said zoologist Gordon Jarrell, an expert in small mammals with the University of Alaska Fairbanks. "Sometimes it's pretty directional. The classic example is in the Scandinavian mountains, where (lemmings) have been dramatically observed. They will come to a body of water and be temporarily stopped, and eventually they'll build up along the shore so dense and they will swim across. If they get wet to the skin, they 're essentially dead."

"There's no question that at times they will build up to huge numbers," Jarrell added. "One description from Barrow does talk about them drowning and piling up on the shore."

Jarrell said when people learn that he works with lemmings, the mass suicide issue often comes up.

"It's a frequent question," he said "'Do they really kill themselves?' No. The answer is unequivocal, no they don't."

https://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cf...articles_id=56
                                lol...dude. This is both the single worst and greatest post on here. Thanks for the chuckle. However, you do realize that this response is very Timbers-esque. Distract, misdirect, manipulate and change the narrative. However, I Ioved it. Thanks...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X