Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spring gda

So now we are 5 games into the spring GDA schedule and things look no better than they did in December. 2-3 since the return and teams score at will (for DA level play)against them with 9 goals against and only 5 goals scored.

I looked at the rosters for the GDA for SUSC on USA Soccer and there is no way that these are the best players in the SUSC system. I could name 6 or 7 girls not playing who would booster that roster.

The two best mids, FWs, and GK in the entire SUSC system don't play GDA. I guess I have to question the SUSC plan moving forward for this program if your best players are not playing the highest level in your club system.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So now we are 5 games into the spring GDA schedule and things look no better than they did in December. 2-3 since the return and teams score at will (for DA level play)against them with 9 goals against and only 5 goals scored.

I looked at the rosters for the GDA for SUSC on USA Soccer and there is no way that these are the best players in the SUSC system. I could name 6 or 7 girls not playing who would booster that roster.

The two best mids, FWs, and GK in the entire SUSC system don't play GDA. I guess I have to question the SUSC plan moving forward for this program if your best players are not playing the highest level in your club system.
    What age group are you obsessing over?

Comment

If the girls don’t want to skip HS what can SUSC do about it? If they are choosing to play NPL and won’t budge what can be done to change their mind? Some families are fine with NPL play and with local play. Some want their player to focus on academics and maybe even play another sport in high school like basketball or hockey, some even play LAX in the spring and so the DA schedule would not allow that for sure. This is how a smaller club like SUSC works. We are in NH and we don’t have the high volume to support multiple teams in one age group with a collective high group who are super serious and ultra committed.

If you are a person who wants more for your player, complaining about SUSC won’t do much good. They work well with what they have to work with.

Comment

What age group are you obsessing over?
        I see:

U14's at 2-2-1 with 6gf/10ga; 5 of which came in one game and 4 of those in a 10-minute span

U15's at 2-2-1 with 5gf/6ga

U16/17's at 2-3 with 9gf/9ga

Trying to understand what team the Obsessor is referring to since none of them line up with what the OP indicated.

Comment

Club is doing fine Year 1, but that's partly because there are some awful teams in the region. Bigger issue is where is GDA going, and do players want to continue in this league? Most U14s have to make a decision about HS for next year.

Comment

Just move over to NEFC if you are this serious dude.

Comment

Just move over to NEFC if you are this serious dude.
              Dude if getting to NEFC was feasible, likely that would've already taken place.

Comment

Like others have said not everyone wants to play GDA which means the GDA teams aren't always going to have the best players. Wins don't matter, unless it is demoralizing the team/the players. What matters is that your kid is getting the best training and she is having fun. You can get that with or without GDA. If you're thinking about college your D's team could be 0-12 but if your D is a great player and you can get her seen then none of that will matter much.

Comment

Rev up the practice this week. Nefc is coming in Saturday

Comment

Vroom...vroom. Done. Reved up.

Comment

. Oh Boy. Looks like they ran all over NYSC this weekend outscoring them 24-3. This could be a bad Weekend

Comment

. Oh Boy. Looks like they ran all over NYSC this weekend outscoring them 24-3. This could be a bad Weekend
                        Thirteen of those points were in one game U19s. NYSC's team is terrible in that age group but SCU better look up the jersey number of the lead scorers and try and shut them down. Another game was a blowout too, but two were competitive. Once NYCFC leaves NEFC is the next top club in the NE. Buckle up buttercups.

Comment

13 of those goals came the U18/19 age group, which there is no Seacoast team.

The other games were:

U14 2-1 for Sky Blue
                          U15 6-0 for NEFC
                          U16/17 4-2 for NEFC

But, I'm sure you already knew that if you took the time to tally the scores, right?

Comment

Thirteen of those points were in one game U19s. NYSC's team is terrible in that age group but SCU better look up the jersey number of the lead scorers and try and shut them down. Another game was a blowout too, but two were competitive. Once NYCFC leaves NEFC is the next top club in the NE. Buckle up buttercups.
                            I'm pretty sure it was the kid that just came back from playing HS ball and has scored 31 goals in 8 games.

Comment

I'm pretty sure it was the kid that just came back from playing HS ball and has scored 31 goals in 8 games.
                              Yep, scored 9 goals, 5 of which were past the 75th minute when the game was out of reach.

Real stat-padding going on there.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X