Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    New club ECNL? Clearly you know nothing about youth soccer in Oregon. You don't need to email them about these clubs because it's where they already play.
    Crossfire United: http://www.crossfireunitedecnl.com/home.php
    FC Portland: http://www.fcportland.org/home.php

So you're talking about a youth league for kids? Wouldn't it be far clearer to use the name of the just the club? Instead of throwing out acronyms for a particular league they signed up for? Thanks for clarifying there is no club named 'ECNL' in Oregon. I researched this league, it mirrors the USYS/OYSA and their Timbers/Thorns League. Expect another kiddie organization called US Club soccer sanctions them, they are expanding their footprint across the country since they were marginalized by the rapture of their most elite clubs in 2017 when US Soccer DA was given the placeholder as the country's elite youth proving ground..

It's well documented Club Teams choose all types of different tournaments and leagues these two clubs you noted, actually play in the OYSA as well. So instead of calling them usys/oysa/us club/ecnl Clubs, just help us out as readers and stop calling them the name of a kiddie league. Thanks it's sounds so just plain ignorant and frankly stupid.

Comment

If you have an elite girl I'd look to ECNL.

Comment

If you have an elite girl I'd look to ECNL.
        Top clubs across the country dropping out of GDA and going to ECNL.

Comment

The nation's top clubs about 80 of them were selected to the Girls DA in 2017, sounds like a hand fulof them are going back to USYS and US Club leagues. Good for them.

It's meaningless for Oregonians our clubs are stuck in the USYS or US Club no chance to go DA. It is, what it is.

Comment

Because the best players want to have a life and play for their schools.

Comment

I hate it I hate I hate it! I gotta weird kid and she wants to get out of GDA now after 2 years of bliss! The school she will play for is half-assed so as I was saying....I hate it !

Comment

I hate it I hate I hate it! I gotta weird kid and she wants to get out of GDA now after 2 years of bliss! The school she will play for is half-assed so as I was saying....I hate it !

Average club players thrive for 2 months in HS soccer. They aren't elite by any stretch so don't hate it, embrace the opportunity of playing recreational HS soccer. She is not weird, she is perfectly placed in HS.

Comment

The top ten high school teams would soundly beat the local thorns teams.

Comment

Average club players thrive for 2 months in HS soccer. They aren't elite by any stretch so don't hate it, embrace the opportunity of playing recreational HS soccer. She is not weird, she is perfectly placed in HS.

Comment

Only one team worth mentioning, Jesuit University. Rest play rec soccer.

Comment

Only one team worth mentioning, Jesuit University. Rest play rec soccer.
                        And all ten would lay the beat down on the thorns.

Comment

Crossfire Premier won the conference for 02/02 and 01/00 in DA.

They chose to drop DA and be "All In" for ECNL so their players can play HS Soccer.

Best 01/02 talent in Oregon are with FCP and CU

Best 03 and 04 talent in Oregon is with CU. Some may argue GPS.

I don't know much about the others, but it is not "elite" if most of your top players are playing elsewhere and they are also play HS "rec" soccer.

You can play 2 months of HS "rec" soccer, or you can train 10 months at the Thorns with "rec" level players.

Comment

They chose to drop DA and be "All In" for ECNL so their players can play HS Soccer.

I don't know much about the others, but it is not "elite" if most of your top players are playing elsewhere and they are also play HS "rec" soccer.

You can play 2 months of HS "rec" soccer, or you can train 10 months at the Thorns with "rec" level players.
                            With all the our local players spread out amongst so many clubs, any local club claiming to have the 'best' talent is a relative term, In CU case they 1 player for instance at 03. Bottom line the clubs are so many and the talent spread so thin it's an oxymoron to say where the best talent resides on the girls side of the ledger in Oregon. You can't even say that with a straight face.

Without any consistent level of play in USYS or US Club leagues, all that's a fact is the DA has the overwhelming majority of talent across the nation with their elite member clubs that feed the US youth National teams. BTW Oregon is not even in this type of conversation.

Let the pay to travel and pay to play model continue and our sisters of the poor teams/clubs will continue to search for leagues where they can claim relevance even if costs a mint and they end up at the same schools had they never joined the travel junket circuit.

Especially since the DA has no time for our local club shenanigans and hyperbole that percolate in our towering mound of manure.

Comment

I think we can all agree most of the talent in the US is in ECNL. DA losing top clubs and top kids.

Comment

I think we can all agree most of the talent in the US is in ECNL. DA losing top clubs and top kids.
                                DA top in Texas. Mixed bag in CAl Southz. Cal North and Northwest definitely Ecnl rules. New England also goes to Ecnl.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X