Tbu-wff merger dead

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok. Here is the latest. The sticking point is that WFF girls want to get approval from ECNL to preserve their "elite" teams by having two ecnl teams in the same club much like Concord is doing next year with both Concorde premiere and Concorde platinum coming out of same club after Concorde dropped DA like WFF is exploring. Only time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Ok. Here is the latest. The sticking point is that WFF girls want to get approval from ECNL to preserve their "elite" teams by having two ecnl teams in the same club much like Concord is doing next year with both Concorde premiere and Concorde platinum coming out of same club after Concorde dropped DA like WFF is exploring. Only time will tell.
      I don't understand. Do you mean that Brandon would have 2 ECNL teams or 1 Brandon team and 1 team from Ed Radice?

Why don't the make one club with 2 major locations (East and West). One location has DA and the other has ECNL?

Comment

I don't understand. Do you mean that Brandon would have 2 ECNL teams or 1 Brandon team and 1 team from Ed Radice?

Why don't the make one club with 2 major locations (East and West). One location has DA and the other has ECNL?
        Like TopHat

Comment

Preserves 2 profit centers although under the TBU banner and puts a end to the DA experiment.

Comment

fake news

Comment

fake news
              I usually agree that the veracity of these posts is questionable at best but this makes too much sense to completely discredit. WFF family's on the GDA side need a bail out soon before they are all going to Arkansas and FAU or worse and this is it. The options, or lack thereof, are not pretty right now. They don't even realize! And the boys program can be dominant if combined.

Comment

I usually agree that the veracity of these posts is questionable at best but this makes too much sense to completely discredit. WFF family's on the GDA side need a bail out soon before they are all going to Arkansas and FAU or worse and this is it. The options, or lack thereof, are not pretty right now. They don't even realize! And the boys program can be dominant if combined.
                There is NOTHING on the WFF boys side that TBU wants or needs ? Why pick up a dead horse and its lame coaches ? Other than the disbanded 99s what team even compares at any level, cmon now just more fake news

Comment

But FIFA is going to have the next World Cup in QATAR..... I think that is the dumbest!!!!!
                  All the stadiums are indoor temp-controlled, dumb ass.

Comment

Having a major showcase in late June in Florida is the single dumbest idea you could think of.
                    The poster is right, it ain't happening here.
                    You have to love the TS mentality. Tampa lands a great facility. There is talk of
                    Unifying youth soccer for everyones gain. Some people offer some hypothetical ideas about mergers and hosting national events. Dare to dream!

Then someone suggests an event in June - and everyone blasts him or her.... Typical, most of these dolts on TS just want to complain. Are you capable of picturing a brighter future? Or has your bumbling little club beat you down that much?

Comment

All youth soccer is rec.
                      Best comment in the entire thread

Comment

All the stadiums are indoor temp-controlled, dumb ass.
                        Not true Sir.

None of the stadiums are going to be indoor, but they are guaranteeing they will be temperature controlled to 72 degrees through some sort of upflow air conditioning system. Yeah... sure. As Tommyboy said, "If you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time."

The dates were also moved to November/December to try to help, which will obviously impact club team play in the 2022 season.

It WAS a bad idea to award it to Qatar, fueled by corruption.

Comment

You're thinking small.....

1) ECNL Sanford - their current agreement is up for negotiations after January, 2019 (in 7 months). ECNL is highly motivated to improve/upgrade it's national showcases (already working on Houston) because of the new GDA showcases and Sanford could be improved upon.

2) An alternative to Disney. Many of the clubs/teams from up and down the Eastern seaboard and Midwest (within driving distance) that flocked to Disney would consider a warm-weather alternative to Disney as Disney continues to raise their cost and rough up the families on parking fees, entrance fees and limited access to the ESPN fields, etc.

3) An altogether new showcase. There are weather/logistical issues with some of the other "biggies" like Jeff Cup, CASL, etc. If you can think beyond the ECNL/GDA showcases to the other very popular showcases for Elite and Premier teams there is room for another warm weather showcase that is well done and situated correctly on the calendar and geographically.
                          The Draft 2018/19 ECNL schedule was released last week with proposed dates for league games and showcases. It looks pretty locked down for next season (practice starts in about 2 weeks) but all three of the options above make sense going forward.

Comment

Good luck to both the TBU and WFF teams playing in Ireland next week!

Comment

The Draft 2018/19 ECNL schedule was released last week with proposed dates for league games and showcases. It looks pretty locked down for next season (practice starts in about 2 weeks) but all three of the options above make sense going forward.
                              Do you have a link? I couldn't find it. I saw 18-19 events, but no proposed schedule. FL ECNL has it rough in the SEC. They are only ones with fall HS during league play. The rest have Spring HS soccer. It will be interesting to see if FC Prime and Concorde will put a few teams in their place.

Comment

Do you have a link? I couldn't find it. I saw 18-19 events, but no proposed schedule. FL ECNL has it rough in the SEC. They are only ones with fall HS during league play. The rest have Spring HS soccer. It will be interesting to see if FC Prime and Concorde will put a few teams in their place.
                                At this point, the schedules only have been released to the clubs (and some clubs have released to parents as DRAFT) because ECNL gives clubs a few weeks to identify any requested modifications then the schedules are locked down by August 1st. Then it takes an act of God to modify a game day/time.

It's one of our favorite aspects of ECNL - they are so organized and strict about their schedule. I'm able to buy plane tickets 4 months in advance at a deep discount. When we were playing other leagues, you literally didn't know the schedule for tournaments until 7-10 days before the event.

Our last league game is October 28 and then it picks up again March 2nd (with Sanford Showcase in between on January 11-13).

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X