President and Vice President is still there
    They have never had a Vice President

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I am well aware how boards work. However all but 2 have quit
      Wrong!

Comment

Organizing and running elite teams with the main goal of pampering the children of board members may keep a few girls happy, but really makes all the rest of the girls very unhappy. It also ruins recruiting for everyone and makes the team look bad. There’s only so long that parents and players will take that. Sounds like your own board is killing the club.
        What makes girls unhappy is a bunch of negative coaches running around talking crap and making excuses for poor results while pursuing their own personal agendas. RH ran the program into the ground and bailed, simple as that.

Comment

What makes girls unhappy is a bunch of negative coaches running around talking crap and making excuses for poor results while pursuing their own personal agendas. RH ran the program into the ground and bailed, simple as that.
          So it's a nasty divorce then. Who is going to get the kids?

Comment

Sounds like CU before the best teams left for the DA

Comment

So it's a nasty divorce then. Who is going to get the kids?
              No one cares about the kids.

Literally or figuratively

Comment

If you are interested, next Tuesday 4/23 from 6:30PM - 8:00PM at Beaverton City Library, Meeting Room B.

In addition to RH, Melanie Langley, Shannon Boxx, and Angela Harrison are involved.
                Funny and ironic coincidence---that's where THUSC used to have their new parent orientation meetings as well--at the Beaverton Library.

Why does this completely smell like THUSC 2.0 ?? She even brought all of her cronies with her....and NOT even the best people or coaches. This is just the THUSC train-wreck recreated and repackaged. If it smells like a skunk and it looks like a skunk....it probably is a skunk. You CANNOT put lipstick on a pig and make it pretty......just a rehash of an old and crappy program!! Stay away...stay very far away!

Comment

Funny and ironic coincidence---that's where THUSC used to have their new parent orientation meetings as well--at the Beaverton Library.

Why does this completely smell like THUSC 2.0 ?? She even brought all of her cronies with her....and NOT even the best people or coaches. This is just the THUSC train-wreck recreated and repackaged. If it smells like a skunk and it looks like a skunk....it probably is a skunk. You CANNOT put lipstick on a pig and make it pretty......just a rehash of an old and crappy program!! Stay away...stay very far away!
                  Sounds like a CU director or board member is feeling a little worried and vulnerable...

This is what happens when you don’t know what’s going on inside your own programs

Comment

Unfortunately, we had a dd that actually played for both Mel and RH....I looked at their new 'Bridge City Club' website...not a WHOLE lot of tangible information...just a lot of rah rah rhetoric and feel good stuff. They tout "female empowerment" and "female leadership" and life results...blah, blah, blah. I have never witnessed a more negative nelly than RH...she's a yeller, a screamer, an excuse maker but not a great teacher of the game. She would embarrass girls during games, call them out, yell at them for being in the wrong place, etc. Coach DURING the week....COACH during the training sessions and practices. Don't use the games to show how superior YOU are or how great your knowledge is. I feel sorry for those that are following her. She is NOT a great role model, by any stretch of the matter. She is a snake oil salesman and has lured a bunch of lemmings to follow her off the cliff. Good luck.

Comment

Sounds like a CU director or board member is feeling a little worried and vulnerable...

This is what happens when you don’t know what’s going on inside your own programs
                      Original poster. Nope, not at all. No affiliation with the board....actually, I thought the board of THUSC were complete idiots but that's a different story. They made HUGE mistake making RH DOC. Should have looked OUTSIDE of the club and brought in a new perspective or outlook. That's in the past. But, for all purposes, have had dd's play for both RH and Mel. We left years ago and went to FC PDX. Say what you want about FC but have not had any issues. Maybe not the best club in town but both dd's enjoyed soccer again, had fun, enjoyed their HS careers and aged out and now in college. No, not playing but that's because they were not 100% invested and had many other likes, interests and wanted to be full-time college students and enjoy that experience. But, FC made soccer FUN again for my dd's and they DID NOT dread going to practice or having RH scream or yell at them for 90 minutes.....different ideas/philosophies but again, look long and hard. A zebra doesn't change their stripes. You know what you get with RH and that is NOT a very nice person. She has demons and I don't know what they are but she is not a nice person!!

Comment

I’m not going to comment on RH

I will comment on the idea that if a director and several coaches can leave a club with teams, someone wasn’t paying attention.

I imagine the CU blood suckers came in and did what they did best and any person wouldn’t put it up with after while.

Comment

I’m not going to comment on RH

I will comment on the idea that if a director and several coaches can leave a club with teams, someone wasn’t paying attention.

I imagine the CU blood suckers came in and did what they did best and any person wouldn’t put it up with after while.
                          You clearly have an issue with CU. This has nothing to do with CU and everything to do with the THUSC board making the mistake of hiring a disaster like RH to be their DOC. She is nasty and incompetent.

Comment

You clearly have an issue with CU. This has nothing to do with CU and everything to do with the THUSC board making the mistake of hiring a disaster like RH to be their DOC. She is nasty and incompetent.
                            The high road looks and sounds better. Look for it.

Nothing wrong with RH. Good person and great coach.

Comment

Nasty and incompetent might be a stong overstatement, but she certainly wasn't doing anything to move the club forward or make it better. There's a lot of great potential with THUSC and hopefully everything works out for the better. They might not have teams winning tournaments but they have coaches that care about their players. My son has played with thusc for a very long time and I am always proud to say they strive to coach the boys to be kind and respectful young men. That's more important than a tournament win anyday.

Comment

Nasty and incompetent might be a stong overstatement, but she certainly wasn't doing anything to move the club forward or make it better. There's a lot of great potential with THUSC and hopefully everything works out for the better. They might not have teams winning tournaments but they have coaches that care about their players. My son has played with thusc for a very long time and I am always proud to say they strive to coach the boys to be kind and respectful young men. That's more important than a tournament win anyday.
                                Don't know RH, but it sounds like THUSC is having an internal debate over the kind of club it wants to be--one that focuses on community service and providing opportunities for kids of all opportunities, or one that spends a lot of energy trying to win tournaments? If RH is interested in the latter--the whole CU enterprise certainly is geared towards that--and the board, perhaps still stung from the damage TA did during his tenure is interested in the former, I can see why a divorce occurred.

How does this affect CU, anyway? How many of their players came out of THUSC (vs Crossfire or other clubs)? If RH has convinced a few teams to leave and join her at the new club--which ones?

Coaching drama is so much fun... and so many coaches confuse skill at recruiting (or working for a club whose name does the recruiting for them) with skill at teaching, and come to think they are the indispensable element in their club's successes, not the kids, parents, or community, or all the folks who came before.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X