Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not enough tried out for Thorns to post U15/U17 selections???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Six away trips for in league games are covered for flight, hotel and transportation.
    Hahahaha

Does anyone else find it hilarious they are paying for kids to play to play some other bad team or worse a team that doesn’t even give them a chance in a game?

Seriously?

You couldn’t find one of the 20 teams in Oregon that could serve either purpose.

This is why soccer in the US is failing.

Oh Ecnl idiots, you aren’t much better in this example.

Comment

You are going to hit 6k for the thorns which includes showcases.

Also doesn’t including having to go everywhere for training.

I’m sorry but the thorns coach on our age group doesn’t justify 4K even.

Just ask your kid who’s there now.
      Parents are paying $6,000 per year?? I thought people were doing it because it was cheap?

Comment

Parents are paying $6,000 per year?? I thought people were doing it because it was cheap?
        It was cheap(er) in year 1, but like the proverbial frog in boiling water the price went up and the people who want to say their DD plays for the Thorns acclimated instead of jumping out of the water.

Comment

It was cheap(er) in year 1, but like the proverbial frog in boiling water the price went up and the people who want to say their DD plays for the Thorns acclimated instead of jumping out of the water.
          Why would parents pay $6k if that is in fact the real cost? That is very expensive. For a lot of losses too.

Comment

Why would parents pay $6k if that is in fact the real cost? That is very expensive. For a lot of losses too.
            No chances for a trophy. Boring.

Comment

No way it’s $6,000 per year. Nobody would pay that.

The whole selling point of thorns is cheaper costs I thought.

Comment

5 years ago when they started the Thornz Asylum to try to run the ECNL clubs into the ground (backfired) they guaranteed $500 per year total. Still didn't attract any talent.

Comment

5 years ago when they started the Thornz Asylum to try to run the ECNL clubs into the ground (backfired) they guaranteed $500 per year total. Still didn't attract any talent.

How does one attract talent from Oregon? when the cupboards are bare.

Next.

Comment

Next.
                    Only enough talent in Oregon for a futsal team.

Comment

Next.
                      Then why waste resources on it? Forgot to to spite xfire and FC.

Next.

Comment

Next.

There’s plenty of talent in Oregon. Just because they don’t come out to your program doesn’t mean they aren’t out there.

Comment

I think it's $3,005 per their webpage and then you pay for showcases. I don't know how much that adds up to.

Comment

I think it's $3,005 per their webpage and then you pay for showcases. I don't know how much that adds up to.
                            Thorns getting ready to outdo themselves in the scam artist department. Registration is open for May tryouts, but fees not posted. They are asking people to register and pay $100 for tryouts, without knowing how much the fee will be next year. For all you know, you could sign up and there fee could be $8000 next year. And of course no refund if you find out the fee makes them no better a value than ECNL or OYSA and decide not to try out. Well played, Thorns.

Comment

A good estimate for a team travel event is usually 700-1000 per player.

So if you figure in 2-4 events you would be at 6-8k for the year which makes them no better than anyone else.

Comment

A good estimate for a team travel event is usually 700-1000 per player.

So if you figure in 2-4 events you would be at 6-8k for the year which makes them no better than anyone else.
                                Only pay for three show cases. Paid about $300 per show case. The other six are paid by the academy.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X