Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEFC North

Looking for feedback on NEFC North. They currently have 2 solid teams at my player's age group but next year will be the year her age group combines for DA and NPL. I know NEFC trains these teams pretty far south so I am guessing not a lot of girls from North make the haul. We aren't worried about what league she plays in so not chasing NPL or DA. What she's looking for is just a solid team of good players where she can fit in and grow. We are happy with her current team but there are rumblings that there may not be enough for a team next year and so we are looking for a plan B. Just wondering if anyone has experience with them and if their teams typically stay together.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Looking for feedback on NEFC North. They currently have 2 solid teams at my player's age group but next year will be the year her age group combines for DA and NPL. I know NEFC trains these teams pretty far south so I am guessing not a lot of girls from North make the haul. We aren't worried about what league she plays in so not chasing NPL or DA. What she's looking for is just a solid team of good players where she can fit in and grow. We are happy with her current team but there are rumblings that there may not be enough for a team next year and so we are looking for a plan B. Just wondering if anyone has experience with them and if their teams typically stay together.
    I would talk to your coach. He/she will have an idea who on your daughter’s team would be going to the regional NPL and DA team next year. There are a lot of NEFC teams to pull from as well as new players that try out from other club’s. In other words there may be only 1-2 girls from your team who will be in the running. Maybe a few more. It’s hard to say but the coach will know.

I would look at this year’s U14 team in your area and see how they are doing. That will also give you a guide on how many good players were left in your area who are NEFC players.

And go to a few club tryouts in your area in May/June or better yet find some and attend a few practices in April/May and see where your players falls and what team would be best.

Comment

2nd hand info so take it for what it's worth, but just about every player I know who went there left after 1-2 years and ended up at GPS or Seacoast.

Possibly better now, this is information at least a year old.

As mentioned, definitely ask to come to a practice first.

Comment

What town are you in?

Comment

NEFC DA and NPL trains in Mendon MA. Teams are made up of kids from MA, RI, CT, VT & NH.

Seacoast has DA and NPL - plus nice facilities - train out of Epping. I believe that team is MA and NH players.

Comment

NEFC DA and NPL trains in Mendon MA. Teams are made up of kids from MA, RI, CT, VT & NH.

Seacoast has DA and NPL - plus nice facilities - train out of Epping. I believe that team is MA and NH players.
            Thanks for the geography lesson

Any details on NEFC North?

Comment

NEFC North currently rosters 27-29 players on it's two U12 girls teams. Both teams play NEP - one is in Premiership Central this spring and the other is in Premiership North. Players live in both NH and MA. The teams train in Tyngsboro. To answer your question regarding players staying, YES. I'm not sure where the other person received his/her information but the majority of this group has been together for quite a while. Many of the players were at Nashua World Cup for at least a few seasons (many more than that) before the transfer to NEFC. This is currently the 4th season with NEFC.

Comment

NEFC North currently rosters 27-29 players on it's two U12 girls teams. Both teams play NEP - one is in Premiership Central this spring and the other is in Premiership North. Players live in both NH and MA. The teams train in Tyngsboro. To answer your question regarding players staying, YES. I'm not sure where the other person received his/her information but the majority of this group has been together for quite a while. Many of the players were at Nashua World Cup for at least a few seasons (many more than that) before the transfer to NEFC. This is currently the 4th season with NEFC.
                The players I referred to all transferred to NEFC when they bought World Cup, and all left within two years. Inconsistent coaching, poor rosters were the biggest reason.

Older than U12 though.

Comment

The top NEFC North U12 team is good. I don't know who's coaching them next year but if PM is coaching them he is the best coach my D ever had. And no I'm not PM, and I can't speak to other coaches. I'd suggest bring your D out to a practice or two and see how it goes. It certainly can't hurt.

Comment

The u13 team been together for years they are very snotty. I believe 2 or 3 girls left this year do to team dynamics.

Comment

The top NEFC North U12 team is good. I don't know who's coaching them next year but if PM is coaching them he is the best coach my D ever had. And no I'm not PM, and I can't speak to other coaches. I'd suggest bring your D out to a practice or two and see how it goes. It certainly can't hurt.
                      If it's the PM I think it is, this quite possibly could be written by him. He loves himself that much...

Comment

I would recommend this club if your daughter's coach is RG or DW. Otherwise, steer clear. Hard to justify the cost with mediocre coaching. Plus, this year is a new uniform cycle.

Expect close to 2K (with new kit) for spring only next season...

Comment

tryouts

https://www.nefc.us/tryouts2019 doesn't even list NEFC north as a location for tryouts. What happened to this club region?

Comment

Date: June 2, 2019 at 3:58:07 PM EDT
                            To: undisclosed-recipients:;
                            Subject: Fwd: Future of the North Region
                            North region families,

After exhausting our options in this narrow timeframe, before tryouts commence, we have reached the difficult decision that we will not continue to run the North Region next year with the exception of a few teams. Coaches are free to work for whomever they would like and we will not try to prevent that. For the most part NEP member clubs have done their best to work together in these situations. The NEP league has made it very clear to the Aztecs management that coaches who decided to leave NEFC and join another club will not be able to coach in the same age group next year that they coached with under NEFC.

We also have no intention of harming the players due to one individuals’ action and will not prevent them from playing with their friends and playing in Premiership brackets.

We would like to provide families with as much time as possible to survey their options and allow players which are interested in staying with NEFC to have the option to try-out for a different region. The nearest regions to the North Region are:

• Central-Marlborough/Mendon, Mass
                            • Metro North-Belmont/Concord, Mass
                            • North Shore- Hamilton/Danvers, Ma
                            Please register on the website if you are interested or if you have questions the contact information is on the website.

Regards,
                            BM - President, NEFC

Comment

Wow. What happened? Sounds like a coach or several left for Aztec? Could they not find new coaches or something? Just trying to understand why the entire program needs to shut down.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X