•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Here is how it can be done:
    May 13th Have NPL tryouts
    May 18th Players that made the NPL team show up for FYSA Tryouts.

Both teams are the same players. Because the team is created first under the auspices of NPL, FYSA tryout dates are not applicable. Because they have an FYSA "tryout", the FYSA team is also validated.
    Are you saying these clubs are holding two tryouts, NPL and FYSA, basically two or more weeks of tryouts?

Comment

Chargers NPL tryouts already posted beginning next week. They will have regular, FYSA, tryouts later in May.

Expect other NPL/ECNL club tryouts to be announced shortly.

Comment

Chargers NPL tryouts already posted beginning next week. They will have regular, FYSA, tryouts later in May.

Expect other NPL/ECNL club tryouts to be announced shortly.
        Heard ECNL tryouts May 18th.

Comment

Palm Coast PDA begins NPL identification tryouts on May 13. When will JFC begin NPL tryouts?

Comment

You are right, but still something has to be done to prevent club hopping and promote team loyalty. Everyone on the team is affected by mid season departures and so many parents show so little concern for what they leave behind.

Without some restrictions, the midsession formation of super teams would become the new trend. No other sport allows this. Youth soccer is no different.

Don't get me wrong. The current system is way too restrictive, but some system needs to develop help clubs maintain consistency for the benefit of the rest of the players that stay.
            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

US Club soccer may be marketing their philosophy on these grounds of FYSA/USYS weaknesses. Unfortunately the clubs are miss-using that to their advantage and use the weakness of both systems to scam the public.
            Give us examples of clubs that follow either US Club or USYS published Player Development guidelines?
            There is not a single club can claim that. Some of them such as OCYS are really bad because they think their Academy and ECNL, MLS etc can be used easily to fool the public.

Comment

Well put! And if NPL and ECNL is the way, then those clubs need to get out of FYSA and State Cup. They harp on USYS but then play in everything.
              ECNL does not play in State Cup. Some ECNL players do join State Cup teams for something to do in the spring. These are just kids that love to play soccer so give it a break. As far as club hoppers go, I say let them go! They were going at the end of the season anyway! They were either not good enough to play, or they have a problem with the coach. Either way, they are not doing the team or themselves any good by sticking it out until the end of the season. Understand that ECNL does not have issues with players coming or going and with that being said, very few leave the teams. They do add players during the year due to injuries or just opening a spot for a talented player. ECNL is about development and competition while being seen by coachs at the next level. All of this other petty stuff about when you can and can't leave a team is just that, petty.

Comment

ECNL does not play in State Cup. Some ECNL players do join State Cup teams for something to do in the spring. These are just kids that love to play soccer so give it a break. As far as club hoppers go, I say let them go! They were going at the end of the season anyway! They were either not good enough to play, or they have a problem with the coach. Either way, they are not doing the team or themselves any good by sticking it out until the end of the season. Understand that ECNL does not have issues with players coming or going and with that being said, very few leave the teams. They do add players during the year due to injuries or just opening a spot for a talented player. ECNL is about development and competition while being seen by coachs at the next level. All of this other petty stuff about when you can and can't leave a team is just that, petty.
                I understand the difference between NPL/FPL and a FYSA team; however, with so many possible leagues are there scheduling conflicts?

Comment

OC has a full team playing U18 and others playing on their purple teams. This has been acknowledge already, why do you insist they don't play when clearly they do.

Comment

OC has a full team playing U18 and others playing on their purple teams. This has been acknowledge already, why do you insist they don't play when clearly they do.
                    WFF does the same thing. For example, the whole U14 ECNL team was scattered into three different “development” teams, ranging from U13G-U15G (depending on players age of course), playing in SC; an ECNL team, as a group, may not be playing in SC, but all the players are.

Comment

I have a question regarding the Charger NPL tryouts. My daughter currently plays for a local club in the USA league. If she tried out and was accepted onto the Charger NPL team, would she have to leave her current club? Or can she play USA league for another club while also on the Charger NPL team?

Comment

I have a question regarding the Charger NPL tryouts. My daughter currently plays for a local club in the USA league. If she tried out and was accepted onto the Charger NPL team, would she have to leave her current club? Or can she play USA league for another club while also on the Charger NPL team?
                        Not from the chargers but expect they would not allow her to be registered to two diff. clubs.

Comment

WFF does the same thing. For example, the whole U14 ECNL team was scattered into three different “development” teams, ranging from U13G-U15G (depending on players age of course), playing in SC; an ECNL team, as a group, may not be playing in SC, but all the players are.
                          To play in St Cup doesn't a team have to play so many games in a FYSA approved league? How do they go about accomplishing this while playing ECNL?

Comment

There is much bait and switch going on. Sometimes the players earning a spot in a league, do not play in the league. Are there players at WFF who played in the required FYSA league to be able to enter State Cup and then they sit the bench while ECNL players swoop in for the SC win to earn a place in FSPL or SRPL. A true team approach. There is also something to be said for being the right bench player-flexible, hard working, anf patient.

Comment

Anything to give me more of a choice I am for. If we can try out early and make a team great. If we don't make or or don't like, I can go to my regular club tryout.

As for SC, it sounds like ECNL or NPL you can play one way or another. I don't see a problem. Are people worried a club would fill their second team with guest? Like US clubs team are the only ones that do that.

Comment

To play in St Cup doesn't a team have to play so many games in a FYSA approved league? How do they go about accomplishing this while playing ECNL?
                                The teams that the ECNL players are "helping" played in FYSA approved leagues during the season. It's just this time of year that WFF uses ECNL players to "strengthen" the "development" teams. It's a win-win for WFF: 1) The "development" teams finish stronger giving the impression of development during the season; and 2) while the "development" team play SC with the ECNL players, that team may qualify for a higher league to play the next year.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X