Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The #1 Goal of WFF is to become a Recreational league. The BOD only cares about rec soccer.
    The talent is only getting weaker at WFF. When they lose ECNL, their competitive teams will be a distant memory.
    Signed,
    TBU and Chargers

Comment

So, is this more comp teams or less comp teams at Collier complex? Will any top teams be at this location?

Comment

All done. MR remains the Executive Director. DV will be the DOC of both the west campus and the and the Pasco campus that includes Zephryhills and he will have FC as the girls DOC and NM as the boys DOC. Pay increase for FC and NM. All other DOC positions in other campuses remain the same. There are going to be a lot of coaching changes on both campuses.
        The goal is to squash WC and Lutz Rangers and to provide the elite players the opportunity to play ECNL, NPL. So for those that always say the GTB is only a USA league club, that will change from the coming year and no more Pasco exodus for the elite pasco kids.
        Actually what usually happens is the players that don't make the ECNL or NPL team, leave the big club and look for good teams at the smaller clubs, playing on a 3rd or 4th in a big club is the last place anyone should let their kids play. A goof example is the WFF dev team, they play in CDL and FSPL, when the ECNL team isn't playing they add these players to the Devlopmental team roster, and most of the actual players on this team will watch their game from the bench.So don't be fooled into taking a spot on the "developmental" team, your kid will be miserable.

Comment

Actually what usually happens is the players that don't make the ECNL or NPL team, leave the big club and look for good teams at the smaller clubs, playing on a 3rd or 4th in a big club is the last place anyone should let their kids play. A goof example is the WFF dev team, they play in CDL and FSPL, when the ECNL team isn't playing they add these players to the Devlopmental team roster, and most of the actual players on this team will watch their game from the bench.So don't be fooled into taking a spot on the "developmental" team, your kid will be miserable.
          Confirmed. The grass may have it's share of potholes, but was definitely greener.

Comment

WFF owns this merger
            I don't think MR would jeopardize what he built up in Land O Lakes without assurances that he will remain in charge. He has pretty much all WFF's West staff anyway it makes sense. Rumor has it WFF came to him this wasn't even on the table a couple of months ago. I think it will benefit the stronger teams at GTBFC and give everyone more options. We'll see.

Comment

This merger is very positive, congratulations to MR, DV and everyone else involved who makes a living coaching and administering youth soccer.

I don't think MR would jeopardize what he built up in Land O Lakes without assurances that he will remain in charge. He has pretty much all WFF's West staff anyway it makes sense. Rumor has it WFF came to him this wasn't even on the table a couple of months ago. I think it will benefit the stronger teams at GTBFC and give everyone more options. We'll see.

Comment

Won't change a thing. The BOD at WFF has failed in several "mergers" and affiliations, failed with hiring the right people, and will fail again. The track record gives a 0% chance of changing anything other than a temporary size of the club.
                I think you are mistaken. This is a good move. WFF BOD in 3 years has merged BAYSL to West Florida Premiere gained ECNL taken over much of the TBU south Campus and now merged with GTBFC. It looks like a very directional and pro growth movement for the club. I think its very strategic and very good for WFF.

Comment

Confirmed. The grass may have it's share of potholes, but was definitely greener.
                  Tbu ref ^

Comment

I do not know any of the reasons behind his merger but like most mergers, it's to minimize competition. In the possible case for WFF, it's strategic because they get access to coaches (without having to recruit them at the end of the season) and logistical because they get access to fields. Another reason, it keeps big clubs nearby from getting even bigger.

What I don't understand is why parents are so excited about the merger. I don't understand when parents say "now they'll have access to NPL, FSPL, and ECNL. Last time I checked, we all had access to those leagues. All it takes is trying out for the team and earning a roster spot. Parents, only because this merger is happening, it does not grandfather your daughter (or son) a spot on one of the teams mentioned above. My daughter left her club and earned a spot on a WFF ECNL team. She also knows that come tryout season, if she wants to stay on that team she needs to earn the spot all over again.

Comment

I do not know any of the reasons behind his merger but like most mergers, it's to minimize competition. In the possible case for WFF, it's strategic because they get access to coaches (without having to recruit them at the end of the season) and logistical because they get access to fields. Another reason, it keeps big clubs nearby from getting even bigger.

What I don't understand is why parents are so excited about the merger. I don't understand when parents say "now they'll have access to NPL, FSPL, and ECNL. Last time I checked, we all had access to those leagues. All it takes is trying out for the team and earning a roster spot. Parents, only because this merger is happening, it does not grandfather your daughter (or son) a spot on one of the teams mentioned above. My daughter left her club and earned a spot on a WFF ECNL team. She also knows that come tryout season, if she wants to stay on that team she needs to earn the spot all over again.
                      -This is so true. I've been telling this to people for quite some time now about Chargers, TBU and WFF. My son played for Chargers Tampa. He tried out for the Academy team and did not make it (and really should not have). They took better players from WFF and other clubs not affiliated w/ Chargers. There was no preferential treatment towards him or the other Chargers' boys. He was able to play NPL on a Charger combined team which was a nice perk to the merger.

What this does do however is gives the younger ones quicker access to the better leagues without having to necessarily travel as far. It will attract the better players to younger teams earlier imo. I could be wrong. In the future, just because lets say each campus has 4-5 high level players in an age group; they don't HAVE to come together as one team at lets say U12 or whatever. It would be an open competition from all clubs.

I still think this is fantastic for Pasco county.

Comment

Rumor has it wrong. GTBFC came to WFF with the proposal. What is interesting is that WFF will have to once again work with the coaches they got rid of not to long ago. Let's see how that plays out when those coaches want to continue coaching on an island while WFF is looking for more synergy between it's current two campuses.

Comment

Well, did GTBFC run it by Pasco County government this time before making the announcement? First it was an announced merger with TBU that never materialized, then it was a name change to better reflect the club's mission to serve Greater Tampa Bay area, now this. I just wish someone would make up their mind about what it is this club is supposed to be and what audience it wants to serve.

Comment

Well, did GTBFC run it by Pasco County government this time before making the announcement? First it was an announced merger with TBU that never materialized, then it was a name change to better reflect the club's mission to serve Greater Tampa Bay area, now this. I just wish someone would make up their mind about what it is this club is supposed to be and what audience it wants to serve.
                            I'm not 100% positive, but I'm pretty sure they squared everything up with the county first. If you took notice, they switched the rec name from GTB to Land O Lakes a few weeks ago. I don't think that was just a coincidence.

Comment

Recreational will be independent and serve the local kids which is all the county is concerned with.

Comment

We're GTBFC parents and one reason we picked the club was location. We're simply not interested in fighting traffic every night. This will be interesting for sure.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X