Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    But can't they still play in New England NPL (which is confusing similar in name to Northeast NPL, which is ECNL B teams)? As long as you have teams at every age group you can at least apply for it. Not as strong as the other but still fields some good clubs.
    Wouldn't the EDP NPL make better sense? Less driving. No I-95 traffic. Cheap Jersey gas.

Comment

Wouldn't the EDP NPL make better sense? Less driving. No I-95 traffic. Cheap Jersey gas.
      yeah but you have to wait for an attendant....

EDP is good if you're in the top bracket; after the quality drops off. Still has plenty of driving too. Each has it's pros and cons, fans and detractors

- not the op

Comment

another gem:

LM: "It's good to have people like you out there because without your support and advice there would be no Surf or many other clubs. After all, don't you think all of your spinning was discussed and that a plan and schedule is in place? Of course you won't know because your child will never be part of any successful club or team.

Jealous much?"

Comment

another gem:

LM: "It's good to have people like you out there because without your support and advice there would be no Surf or many other clubs. After all, don't you think all of your spinning was discussed and that a plan and schedule is in place? Of course you won't know because your child will never be part of any successful club or team.

Jealous much?"
          There he goes with the Jealous angle. He's off his rocker

Larry learn another song other than Jealousy

Comment

Latest Larry gem:

Anon poster: Most ECNL clubs do 3/week. It's GDA that will have 4. That's tough enough in the spring and literally impossible in the fall. That's why you won't see many college coaches in GDA.

Larry: It's good to have people like you out there because without your support and advice there would be no Surf or many other clubs. After all, don't you think all of your spinning was discussed and that a plan and schedule is in place? Of course you won't know because your child will never be part of any successful club or team.

Jealous much?
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------
            It's obvious Larry is talking out his clueless a**.

Surf has already demonstrated they are not organized and not following their original 18 month plan. So we are now expected to believe they ARE organized and have a plan for this?

The GDA is brand new so he has no clue how coaches are going to handle this. I don't think the college coaches know.

The GDA has not set up leagues so no one know where their GDA team will be traveling for games, and that means the college coaches don't know either. I believe they are expected to have more training sessions and less games like the ECNL. I would think full weekends would have to be blocked out for GDA games. You can expect college coaches to recruit there IF they end up coaching these teams. I wonder how that will conflict with "established" East Coast recruiting showcases like NEWSS, Mad Dog, WAGS, CASL, Jeff Cup, etc.

The Fall doesn't matter because for college coaches. The GDA combined age teams are all HS and above. The GDA rule of no HS doesn't kick in until at least 2020. It's the spring playing season + recruiting that will cause problems.

Turf, turf, turf. Fighting for turf time. Or grass.

Most of the area colleges and universities are "bus league" institutions. They travel by bus. Very few area institutions fly to games (either on a regular or semi-regular basis). Buses = travel time.

GDAs need to pay more than 10K per coach per GDA team. Only a sucker would do a GDA with 4x/week training sessions for that or less. BTW Where is Surf getting the money to pay all of their college coaches + the non-college ones? Easy to figure out where the expensive Surf tuition is going.

Does Larry think coaches will give up other lucrative supplemental funding opportunities for a local GDA coaching gig?

Larry is a tool.

Comment

There he goes with the Jealous angle. He's off his rocker

Larry learn another song other than Jealousy
              On the same page. Larry is an ex-LI soccer parent who talks out both sides of his mouth. His college soccer IQ is nil.

Comment

Latest Larry gem:

Anon poster: Most ECNL clubs do 3/week. It's GDA that will have 4. That's tough enough in the spring and literally impossible in the fall. That's why you won't see many college coaches in GDA.

Larry: It's good to have people like you out there because without your support and advice there would be no Surf or many other clubs. After all, don't you think all of your spinning was discussed and that a plan and schedule is in place? Of course you won't know because your child will never be part of any successful club or team.

Jealous much?
                -------------------------------------------------------------------------
                It's obvious Larry is talking out his clueless a**.

Surf has already demonstrated they are not organized and not following their original 18 month plan. So we are now expected to believe they ARE organized and have a plan for this?

The GDA is brand new so he has no clue how coaches are going to handle this. I don't think the college coaches know.

The GDA has not set up leagues so no one know where their GDA team will be traveling for games, and that means the college coaches don't know either. I believe they are expected to have more training sessions and less games like the ECNL. I would think full weekends would have to be blocked out for GDA games. You can expect college coaches to recruit there IF they end up coaching these teams. I wonder how that will conflict with "established" East Coast recruiting showcases like NEWSS, Mad Dog, WAGS, CASL, Jeff Cup, etc.

The Fall doesn't matter because for college coaches. The GDA combined age teams are all HS and above. The GDA rule of no HS doesn't kick in until at least 2020. It's the spring playing season + recruiting that will cause problems.

Turf, turf, turf. Fighting for turf time. Or grass.

Most of the area colleges and universities are "bus league" institutions. They travel by bus. Very few area institutions fly to games (either on a regular or semi-regular basis). Buses = travel time.

GDAs need to pay more than 10K per coach per GDA team. Only a sucker would do a GDA with 4x/week training sessions for that or less. BTW Where is Surf getting the money to pay all of their college coaches + the non-college ones? Easy to figure out where the expensive Surf tuition is going.

Does Larry think coaches will give up other lucrative supplemental funding opportunities for a local GDA coaching gig?

Larry is a tool.
                Even funnier because I posted it! I'm surprised it go posted and I'm sure if I tried to counter it would get blocked.

I've had one kid get recruited through DA and another ECNL. When did Larry last have a kid go through the recruiting process or at those levels? He has absolutely no clue what time commitments a college coach has, especially D1 where they still have a great deal of winter and spring activity. Even D2/D3 has plenty, then there's recruiting on top of that. I can see maybe an assistant coach doing it to build his resume and build his bank account (and like you said pay will be an issue) but a HC doesn't have much time so the rewards would have to be pretty substantial. MLS coaches basically don't have a choice; it's in their job description. GDA doesn't have MLS and what women's pro coaches there are they're too busy working their other jobs at Starbucks and Costco to get health benefits.

I am so completely NOT jealous of Surf. If they can become what they are in CA it would be great for the area. I just haven't seen much to instill confidence in it to date. I hope to be proven wrong. I know I am not wrong about what a tool Larry is and the depths of his incompetence. I don't go on that site often any more, but I love egging him on from time to time :)

Comment

Even funnier because I posted it! I'm surprised it go posted and I'm sure if I tried to counter it would get blocked.

I've had one kid get recruited through DA and another ECNL. When did Larry last have a kid go through the recruiting process or at those levels? He has absolutely no clue what time commitments a college coach has, especially D1 where they still have a great deal of winter and spring activity. Even D2/D3 has plenty, then there's recruiting on top of that. I can see maybe an assistant coach doing it to build his resume and build his bank account (and like you said pay will be an issue) but a HC doesn't have much time so the rewards would have to be pretty substantial. MLS coaches basically don't have a choice; it's in their job description. GDA doesn't have MLS and what women's pro coaches there are they're too busy working their other jobs at Starbucks and Costco to get health benefits.

I am so completely NOT jealous of Surf. If they can become what they are in CA it would be great for the area. I just haven't seen much to instill confidence in it to date. I hope to be proven wrong. I know I am not wrong about what a tool Larry is and the depths of his incompetence. I don't go on that site often any more, but I love egging him on from time to time :)
                  Larry has already checked out your IP address. That's what he did to me

Comment

Props for the Larry baiting and antagonism! Great stuff!

I believe Larry's two daughters played LI soccer. He mentioned once on BOTN that he was paying for one daughters grad school and I think law school for the other. Guessing on their ages that would mean both missed ECNL. He's never said if his kids played soccer in college. He's also never said if he coached any soccer teams.

You are lucky to have done both DA and ECNL. Must have talented and skilled kids. Congratulations!!

I do agree with a Larry post that was not picked up on - the one about the women's pro league being on shaky ground. But maybe those pro coaches would coach GDA programs? Not sure if they have time. There is a reason why PDA hooked up with Sky Blue and the Seattle club hoooking up with Reign. Maybe the college coaches or assistants working in conjunction with the pro coaches or their assistants? I think someone like O'Neill or his Rutgers assistants might be able to pull off a GDA coaching gig as Rutgers has plenty of turf fields. Players come to you. Not everyone hooked up with a pro team which makes me wonder if those who did may have an edge.

I'm thinking maybe the non-pro clubs may hook up with semi-pro teams. I really don't know the semi-pro circuit. Is there one up in Westchester? LIRR makes sense for LI. NJ Wildcats have one. FC Copa (who, ironically, use Rutgers turf fields for practices and games) created a men's and women's teams within the past two years. Isn't there a Valykrie in NJ too? I thought some NJ clubs attached themselves to that one.

Comment

I believe Larry's two daughters played LI soccer. He mentioned once on BOTN that he was paying for one daughters grad school and I think law school for the other. Guessing on their ages that would mean both missed ECNL. He's never said if his kids played soccer in college. He's also never said if he coached any soccer teams.

You are lucky to have done both DA and ECNL. Must have talented and skilled kids. Congratulations!!

I do agree with a Larry post that was not picked up on - the one about the women's pro league being on shaky ground. But maybe those pro coaches would coach GDA programs? Not sure if they have time. There is a reason why PDA hooked up with Sky Blue and the Seattle club hoooking up with Reign. Maybe the college coaches or assistants working in conjunction with the pro coaches or their assistants? I think someone like O'Neill or his Rutgers assistants might be able to pull off a GDA coaching gig as Rutgers has plenty of turf fields. Players come to you. Not everyone hooked up with a pro team which makes me wonder if those who did may have an edge.

I'm thinking maybe the non-pro clubs may hook up with semi-pro teams. I really don't know the semi-pro circuit. Is there one up in Westchester? LIRR makes sense for LI. NJ Wildcats have one. FC Copa (who, ironically, use Rutgers turf fields for practices and games) created a men's and women's teams within the past two years. Isn't there a Valykrie in NJ too? I thought some NJ clubs attached themselves to that one.
                      I'm sure they'd like to see that happen, but the women's pro/semi-pro circuit is thinly spread and like you said, on shaky ground. There will be some club alignments but it won't be like what there is on the boys side. And certainly the womens' clubs can't afford $1 go go towards GDA.

Comment

All came from the wife - I'm a nerd with no athletic ability whatsoever, just a love of the game.

Comment

They did play and were terrible. And I mean terrible.

Comment

They did play and were terrible. And I mean terrible.
                            No one here likes the guy but there's no need to disparage his kids.

Comment

No one here likes the guy but there's no need to disparage his kids.
                              I don't think the poster meant to disparage the daughters but was speaking honestly. Back then it was truly town teams.

Larry is fair game. He makes himself a target.

Comment

More of Larry's "jealousy" theme. Someone questioned the SB experience coaching younger players. This is a legit question because some coaches are good with certain age groups. We had an awful coach one year who could not relate to 12 year olds at all. He now coaches at the college level and is doing well. I'm surprised Larry even let the question stand given his recent antics

Why not disclose the full story? He coached for 1 year, he wasn't even a head coach, and it was a '97 team.

http://nwnationals.org/brendan-faherty/

The question still stands: how is he qualified?

Larry:

Here is how he is qualified...ready? He's got the gig!! End of story.

Your kid isnt Surf material. Your kid is much better. Go to any other local club. You will find top coaches and trainers there and all of them will be youth qualified.

The head college coaches now within Surf have all bowed their heads in shame and are sorry they don't meet you or your child's requirements or expectations.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X