LOSC Nike cup

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Posting on TS and don't have Internet...funny. Not the best tourney but better than most in OR. Also, grass is better for the players than turf in a tourney when playing multiple games. The beautiful game is meant to be played on grass. The fields should be the proper size but grass is good.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Posting on TS and don't have Internet...funny. Not the best tourney but better than most in OR. Also, grass is better for the players than turf in a tourney when playing multiple games. The beautiful game is meant to be played on grass. The fields should be the proper size but grass is good.
      The grass was not good. Its better to play on turf here in the NW, because the fields are terrible. If it was nice grass, then sure. But that was not the case. Ankle breaker fields--that was the case.

Comment

Nike Campus for kids is reason we play. Motel was awful. If trip advisor is on the internet tough cookies I don't have internet so no help. The whole thing was a messed up.
        Why not promise a meet and greet with the Portland Timbers and not follow through, or just make any promise they want to get you to sign up. Plenty of other tournaments to spend your money on. The Nike Campus is a selling point which they used to get consumers. I would file a complaint with Consumer Complaints or Better Business Bureau. It really is a bait and switch. Get you money back or get a discount for not living up to their end.

Comment

Tournament Director said there was no promise of Nike Fields this year. Even though it said it on the registration page for 2015. TD said that was for last year, not this year. Sounded like some backpeddling to me.

Comment

Nike Campus for kids is reason we play. Motel was awful. If trip advisor is on the internet tough cookies I don't have internet so no help. The whole thing was a messed up.
            You post here, but don't have the internet? You sound really stupid. You can't blame a tournament on you staying at a bad motel. That's your fault. Do you hold Disneyland responsible for the quality of all of the hotels that people stay in when going to Disneyland? Let me give you a clue, two story outside entrance motels that are not affiliated with any national chain and charge less than $75 a night are probably not going to be very nice. Pitch a tent next time, at least you will know what to expect.

Comment

I'm not a big complainer and have enjoyed this tournament in the past but it was pretty lousy this year. Had a "forfeit" for a team that never existed so our group play consisted of two games played on Friday with nothing at all on Saturday. Gold High School bracket (girls) and we played on a very poor quality middle school grass field for one game while U10 boys played on the full turf field next to us.

Too many Oregon tournaments are hurting all of them, poor attendance and poor organization.

Comment

You post here, but don't have the internet? You sound really stupid. You can't blame a tournament on you staying at a bad motel. That's your fault. Do you hold Disneyland responsible for the quality of all of the hotels that people stay in when going to Disneyland? Let me give you a clue, two story outside entrance motels that are not affiliated with any national chain and charge less than $75 a night are probably not going to be very nice. Pitch a tent next time, at least you will know what to expect.
                I'm not the original poster, but our hotel was not good. It had more than two floors and interior entrances. And it was $150 a night. I don't blame Disneyland with a bad experience down there. This however, was a stay to play tournament. The hotel was not prepared for the number of families they hosted. Maybe the tournament should consider a different agency to run travel. All the teams in our hotel were mad.

Comment

I'm not a big complainer and have enjoyed this tournament in the past but it was pretty lousy this year. Had a "forfeit" for a team that never existed so our group play consisted of two games played on Friday with nothing at all on Saturday. Gold High School bracket (girls) and we played on a very poor quality middle school grass field for one game while U10 boys played on the full turf field next to us.

Too many Oregon tournaments are hurting all of them, poor attendance and poor organization.
                  Sounds like "Crash at the border" tournament.

Comment

Well, I've seen every tournament in the area bashed. Is there even one good tournament in OR/SW Wash?

Comment

Well, I've seen every tournament in the area bashed. Is there even one good tournament in OR/SW Wash?
                      Bend!

Comment

Bend!
                        We've played Bend, fun destination, good fields, but competition is light and it can be pretty hot!

Comment

Zero good Oregon tournaments then. Of all the bad ones, LO wasn't too bad.

Comment

It's hard to have a 1st Class tourney without a major complex like 60 acres or Starfire. Mt Hood has some good teams come to town but you have to drive all over the Metro area to get to your games, if you have 2 kids in the tourney, forget about it!

Comment

I think FC Winter Showcase is one of the better ones now.

Comment

It's hard to have a 1st Class tourney without a major complex like 60 acres or Starfire. Mt Hood has some good teams come to town but you have to drive all over the Metro area to get to your games, if you have 2 kids in the tourney, forget about it!
                                I expect mediocre tournaments in Portland. So at least live up to mediocre. If you can't meet those low expectations, then we will not be back next year.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X