Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Keep believing that if it makes you feel good. Known fact is that Timbers play for wins, not development, so they take a low-risk, direct approach. Don't hold onto the ball for fear of losing it. Send it long and hope your forward gets there first. Works at Ulittle but you'll see what really works once you hit HS ages.
    Its not going to change over night, but I can tell you the coaches are now being directed towards a club style of play which is possession based. The new DOC is pushing them to start rolling the ball out more from the keeper and teach to possess the ball throughout the field. That is valued far and above wins right now. Its the reason some coaches are no longer there, as they weren't in line with the new direction.

Comment

Its not going to change over night, but I can tell you the coaches are now being directed towards a club style of play which is possession based. The new DOC is pushing them to start rolling the ball out more from the keeper and teach to possess the ball throughout the field. That is valued far and above wins right now. Its the reason some coaches are no longer there, as they weren't in line with the new direction.
      This is only a very small part in being able to play possession ball effectively.

Comment

This is only a very small part in being able to play possession ball effectively.
        Oh thank you wise soccer God. How enlightening.

Comment

bet you're a joy to sit back and have a few beers with.

Comment

I only gave one specific example, that is not the ONLY thing being pushed by the new DOC. I thought someone as wise as you clearly are would understand that.

Comment

I only gave one specific example, that is not the ONLY thing being pushed by the new DOC. I thought someone as wise as you clearly are would understand that.
              Because you practice passing and rondo's doesn't mean you enforce possession soccer. Poke as much at it as you want, possession is the "right" way to play and teach our youth. To think otherwise says all you need to know (ask England why they have failed so much on the national level).

It is much more than that and says much more about a coach who is down and still forces his team to play their style. Possession leads to goals and ultimately teaches the team this very important and not very well agreed-to point. But, most importantly, it teaches the kids how to actually play the game correctly.

Listen during your next game since you swear that your club is playing this way. I guarantee the next time you are down, parents complain that the team is "passing too much". If they don't, you aren't doing what you said your new DOC is preaching.

I hear this all the time at the PDX Timbers games. Fans complaining when we are even tied that the ball is played backwards; that they aren't lumping it to Adi. If you want an idea of what real possession looks like Mr. Expert, check out 3Four3, they practice what they preach and develop/win doing it. Your club is far from a possession team and are significantly closer to bootball. Sorry if that word stings a bit, but I accept my club's faults, try doing the same. Unless you are part of the club...

Comment

Because you practice passing and rondo's doesn't mean you enforce possession soccer. Poke as much at it as you want, possession is the "right" way to play and teach our youth. To think otherwise says all you need to know (ask England why they have failed so much on the national level).

It is much more than that and says much more about a coach who is down and still forces his team to play their style. Possession leads to goals and ultimately teaches the team this very important and not very well agreed-to point. But, most importantly, it teaches the kids how to actually play the game correctly.

Listen during your next game since you swear that your club is playing this way. I guarantee the next time you are down, parents complain that the team is "passing too much". If they don't, you aren't doing what you said your new DOC is preaching.

I hear this all the time at the PDX Timbers games. Fans complaining when we are even tied that the ball is played backwards; that they aren't lumping it to Adi. If you want an idea of what real possession looks like Mr. Expert, check out 3Four3, they practice what they preach and develop/win doing it. Your club is far from a possession team and are significantly closer to bootball. Sorry if that word stings a bit, but I accept my club's faults, try doing the same. Unless you are part of the club...
                Right now I would agree with you, the club is closer to the bootball than possession style. I also said in my original comment that its not going to change over night, but I do know the direction the new staff is pushing the club towards and its clearly being pushed away from bootball and more towards a possession style play. It will take years to really see a big difference, but at least they are making the first steps.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X