Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thorns Academy Year 2

"Rosters" are published - really just lists of offers - many didn't accept...

Very few returnees from last year's '97 team - 10 total...

No U17/U16 ECNL players moved TO Thorns Academy this year...

'99 roster includes 01's and 02's - had to take every girl that tried out...

Tina has so little faith in the program that she didn't move even one of her Nemesis players to it...

And the best part - it's $5K to play in OYSA!!!

Why would Tina direct even one kid from SCFC to Thorns? She benefits from having those kids pay $1400/each and stay with a club that she and Joe fully control. Also helps build her resume cause she has to have greater aspirations than SCFC and Kings Way.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Why would Tina direct even one kid from SCFC to Thorns? She benefits from having those kids pay $1400/each and stay with a club that she and Joe fully control. Also helps build her resume cause she has to have greater aspirations than SCFC and Kings Way.
      Says a lot though when the coach of the Thorns Academy tells her team to stay away from it...

Comment

Tina has so little faith in the program that she didn't move even one of her Nemesis players to it...

Stilll Jannine and Tina coaching? It's ODP / RTC but you get a season of playing in the regular OYSA league.

Comment

By when do the players need to accept/turn down their spots? Or will the Thorns just keep them on the roster if their not doing?

Comment

LMAO. Any 01 or 02 parent who would let their kid near this train wreck must be indulging in Oregon's new legal marijuana. Thanks for the good laugh on a Monday morning!!

Comment

Might be a great opportunity for them to play with & against some older/better competition. Also, a good bet the 01s & 02s who accept, will be recommended for ODP Regional Camps. Some on the list didn't make Regional Camp last year. Thorns Academy might open up some new doors & opportunities.

Comment

Might be a great opportunity for them to play with & against some older/better competition. Also, a good bet the 01s & 02s who accept, will be recommended for ODP Regional Camps. Some on the list didn't make Regional Camp last year. Thorns Academy might open up some new doors & opportunities.

Buy your way to regional camp - why not? That sucking sound you hear is OYSA's integrity going down the drain.

Comment

OYSA isn't running ODP in OR, the Timbers/Thorns are...

Comment

OYSA isn't running ODP in OR, the Timbers/Thorns are...
                    Thanks for clarifying. I'm sure OYSA wants to distance themselves from this hot mess, and I don't blame them one bit.

Comment

Thanks for clarifying. I'm sure OYSA wants to distance themselves from this hot mess, and I don't blame them one bit.
                      Call me curioius. Why root for the demise of this program? Seems that it would be a good alternative for Oregon players who don't want or can't afford ECNL. The Oregon teams didn't exactly burn up ECNL this year. You seem to be in the camp that believes that having no alternatives for high quality girl soccer players is ECNL. And that's a good thing?
                      BTW, my DD did ECNL and I have no problem with it. However, it's costly and is not for everyone, and rooting for no alternatives seems a little odd.

Comment

Call me curioius. Why root for the demise of this program? Seems that it would be a good alternative for Oregon players who don't want or can't afford ECNL. The Oregon teams didn't exactly burn up ECNL this year. You seem to be in the camp that believes that having no alternatives for high quality girl soccer players is ECNL. And that's a good thing?
                        BTW, my DD did ECNL and I have no problem with it. However, it's costly and is not for everyone, and rooting for no alternatives seems a little odd.
                        Three reasons off the top:

1) it isn't any better than your typical club program (and worse than some club's programs) that costs a lot less than Thorns Academy

2) it kills off the option of playing on your club team AND doing ODP at the HS ages.

3) it needlessly fragments girls elite youth soccer in Oregon for the sole benefit of the Timbers bottom line.

Comment

So Timbers didn't "officially" kill of the Thorns Academy, but it's effectively dead anyway. Probably just as well and the Timbers can always blame the ECNL clubs for the demise of the Academy.

Comment

Three reasons off the top:

1) it isn't any better than your typical club program (and worse than some club's programs) that costs a lot less than Thorns Academy

2) it kills off the option of playing on your club team AND doing ODP at the HS ages.

3) it needlessly fragments girls elite youth soccer in Oregon for the sole benefit of the Timbers bottom line.
                            I'm not rooting for the demise of thorns academy. I'm mocking this bogus, substandard, sham of a product they are trying to sell. The second they get a team that is a true, on age, elite team that realistically can compete to win state cup or regionals or ANY premier bracket of a showcase tournament I will be their biggest fan. This team is none of that.

Comment

Eventually the Thorns Academy will tun the two ECNL clubs out.

ECNL is just too expensive and the quality is not good.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X