Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    U.S. won baby! I don't care if you all are making fun of me. I'm the one dancing. Nobody else picked the US to win! In your FACE! I should have went to Reno to make a bet. I'd be $500 richer babies!
    Reno??

It is probably safe to say this person has a kid who plays for Eastside.

Comment

I was surprised that Alex stayed on the field. She was ineffective against Japan. Most people would probably chose Leroux, but I'd have put Press in.
      Alex Morgan on many occasions drew double team that opened her teammates up. She was an important part of the game.

Comment

Alex Morgan on many occasions drew double team that opened her teammates up. She was an important part of the game.
        Shhhhhhhhh, you don't want to tell the haters this. They all love to pile on Alex because they just think her game is speed. No, she's not a Sinclair, but few players are. Alex is still enough of a presence to command a lot of attention. But of course the haters out there won't give her any credit.

Comment

No hate for Alex Morgan, just reality. Alex Morgan, has fallen to they level where supporters and blind fans can't praise what she does on the field...can only praise her for pulling defenders. Yes, she's hot so men love her and yes she's fast but that isn't cutting it anymore. Just look at Alex's face when she was finally subbed out ( should have been a long time earlier for Press!). Even Alex knows she's no longer of starting caliber on the USWNT. Too many better players to have on the pitch. Press, OHara, Leroux, etc. Alex can look pretty on the bench. It's always so tough for teams to bench their has been stars. In this case, they can't just trade them to another team where they could be top of the heap again. Feel bad for them-especially Abby - but that's the reality of sports.

Comment

No hate for Alex Morgan, just reality. Alex Morgan, has fallen to they level where supporters and blind fans can't praise what she does on the field...can only praise her for pulling defenders. Yes, she's hot so men love her and yes she's fast but that isn't cutting it anymore. Just look at Alex's face when she was finally subbed out ( should have been a long time earlier for Press!). Even Alex knows she's no longer of starting caliber on the USWNT. Too many better players to have on the pitch. Press, OHara, Leroux, etc. Alex can look pretty on the bench. It's always so tough for teams to bench their has been stars. In this case, they can't just trade them to another team where they could be top of the heap again. Feel bad for them-especially Abby - but that's the reality of sports.
            Can't disagree more. Morgan had trouble finishing the past couple games, but she causes havoc out there. I love Press but they're different players. O'Hara? Really? She scores a goal and she's now a better player? Come on. Leroux had her opportunities and did squat. Utter nonsense.

Comment

Can't disagree more. Morgan had trouble finishing the past couple games, but she causes havoc out there. I love Press but they're different players. O'Hara? Really? She scores a goal and she's now a better player? Come on. Leroux had her opportunities and did squat. Utter nonsense.
              Completely agree. Alex Morgan hasn't been at her sharpest since before the multiple injuries of the past few years, but she was still far better than Leroux. The only thing Leroux brings to the table is speed and aggressiveness. Morgan has both of those plus a far better touch and better tactical awareness. Based on current form, I'd take Amy Rodriguez over Leroux as Morgan's backup. The way Press plays, she would be more of a replacement for where Carly Lloyd played in the past few games as a withdrawn forward. She isn't really a replacement for what Morgan brings as the striker, and she didn't do well as a winger. But she does have a lot of skill around the penalty area and will score a lot of goals for the US. But she wasn't going to beat out Carly Lloyd for that role in this tournament.

Comment

Disagree. Give those other forwards the same number of minutes and, more so, the offensive game plan centered around them & the support level of "she's untouchable" (Jill Ellis's comment) and the USWNT will do better than with her on the pitch in her current form. She should have to earn her way back to starting & playing all game. It shouldn't be an untouchable given that she plays no matter what. If we don't see an all out U.S. Soccer media blitz with Carli Lloyd, the defenders, Rapinoe, etc as the new face of the USWNT, then you'll know it's all just about a pretty face that brings in the male viewers. Maybe Alex is the best - the best at bringing in $$$.

Comment

Disagree. Give those other forwards the same number of minutes and, more so, the offensive game plan centered around them & the support level of "she's untouchable" (Jill Ellis's comment) and the USWNT will do better than with her on the pitch in her current form. She should have to earn her way back to starting & playing all game. It shouldn't be an untouchable given that she plays no matter what. If we don't see an all out U.S. Soccer media blitz with Carli Lloyd, the defenders, Rapinoe, etc as the new face of the USWNT, then you'll know it's all just about a pretty face that brings in the male viewers. Maybe Alex is the best - the best at bringing in $$$.
                  Apparently you don't know we just won the World Cup. And Two, Rapinoe was pretty awful in this tournament. I like her but this was not her shining moment. To put down Morgan while propping Rapinoe shows how little you know. Morgan was just fine out there. Because of the fear of Morgans speed, Japan kept 2 to 3 defenders back so they never had offensive numbers.

Comment

Apparently you don't know we just won the World Cup. And Two, Rapinoe was pretty awful in this tournament. I like her but this was not her shining moment. To put down Morgan while propping Rapinoe shows how little you know. Morgan was just fine out there. Because of the fear of Morgans speed, Japan kept 2 to 3 defenders back so they never had offensive numbers.
                    I thought Rapinoe had a great tournament. At times she was the only attacking creativity. Early in the tournament she really shined. Just an opinion.

Comment

I thought Rapinoe had a great tournament. At times she was the only attacking creativity. Early in the tournament she really shined. Just an opinion.
                      Early on Rapino did well, but she really struggled in the final. As did Morgan.
                      Sure I like the play of them just fine at times, but not in the final.
                      maybe you can say it was because they let up after US got the three early goals (the whole team did), but that shouldn't happen either.

Comment

Early on Rapino did well, but she really struggled in the final. As did Morgan.
                        Sure I like the play of them just fine at times, but not in the final.
                        maybe you can say it was because they let up after US got the three early goals (the whole team did), but that shouldn't happen either.
                        Yes, the Championship game was not Rapinoe's finest game. She seemed afraid to shoot the ball.

Comment

Neither Rapinoe or Morgan played that well in the final but taken as a whole, Rapinoe played much better in the tournament. The difference is Morgan can play subpar every game but is not held accountable. She is currently the untouchable darling of the USWNT. Luckily, she's still no slouch so not much negative impact - except on the opportunities for her teammates. Anyway, no one really cares - WE WON THE WORLD CUP!!!! If we had lost, there might be more criticism.

Comment

Neither Rapinoe or Morgan played that well in the final but taken as a whole, Rapinoe played much better in the tournament. The difference is Morgan can play subpar every game but is not held accountable. She is currently the untouchable darling of the USWNT. Luckily, she's still no slouch so not much negative impact - except on the opportunities for her teammates. Anyway, no one really cares - WE WON THE WORLD CUP!!!! If we had lost, there might be more criticism.
                            You clearly didn't watch the game very closely or aren't capable of comprehending what you are watching. Morgan had a big rule in both of Lloyd's first two goals, and on Holiday's goal, and on Heath's goal. All four of those goals involved crosses into the box, whether from set pieces or from the run of play. In all four cases, Morgan was doing the dirty work in the middle and drawing multiple defenders to her. Her hard work on the middle played a huge role in creating space for her teammates to get their shot. Contrary to your statement that Morgan didn't create opportunities for anybody else, Morgan directly was involved in those 4 goals. No she didn't score any herself or assist on any, she had a big impact on the game. It's not all about scoring goals or making flashy assists. Morgan did her job in that game and did it well.

Comment

I just went and watched all five goals. Alex Morgan had a hand in at least three of them.

On the first she is running what would be flagged as a illegal pick in football, but the defender would have to drop to get that call in soccer. Opened the middle wide.

The other two are more debatable, but could be argued that she was important in both.

Her star power is undeniable, but she is still an explosive enough threat that she will always draw attention. I'd pick her for my team if I wanted to win.

Comment

On corner kicks you could call a foul almost every single time There is pushing, grabbing, hugging, slapping, shirt tugging, jumping over the opponent using them as leverage. And if you don't have a "pick" somewhere in the scrum you aren't trying hard enough. This is not basketball. It's a contact sport where you have to be strong physically.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X