Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    And I say it was the correct call. So there. And no, there is no conspiracy for the US to win (as some posters are saying, don't believe me, then just look back). The US owned the first half. In the second half, it was probably 50/50 as to who was the better team. Given that, the US should have won. And gee, they did. And they even scored a second goal. Did you forget about that one? Or did the ref miss an offsides on that one? Of did we somehow cheat to get that goal? I just love the USA "fans" on here that claim the refs had it in for the US to win. And also the ones that bemoan how we play and how bad we are and how we can't possess and ..... blah blah blah. Somehow we are in the championship game. Maybe it's time to give our team a wee bit of credit.
    You're wrong! You wouldn't know a foul if it bit you on the face. People like you have a lot of nerve. You make me so disgusted. It wasn't a foul and you know it. Stop trying to present you don't know.

Comment

You're wrong! You wouldn't know a foul if it bit you on the face. People like you have a lot of nerve. You make me so disgusted. It wasn't a foul and you know it. Stop trying to present you don't know.
      I sure hope you calmed down after that rant. Maybe a stiff drink would help you out. It WAS a foul because the ref said so. And to say it wasn't a foul is making you look very foolish. You can't wipe a player out and not say it's a foul.

Comment

Tough call again today against Germany. However again it looks like the right call. Great play by the England player posting up the German defender then spinning on her. Tough break for Germany to lose on a late PK, but late or early, the score is still 1-0. Both teams had their chances to score, just couldn't finish.

Comment

That's soccer: yadda, yadda, bad call, yadda yadda, no call, yadda, offsides, yadda, yadda, free kick, yadda, no call, yadda yadda... 0-0. OT...repeat yadda yaddas and no calls/bad calls and then finally a controversial but good call and 1-0. Final. Par for the course. Hoping the USA can beat Japan like 5-1 tomorrow.

Comment

That's soccer: yadda, yadda, bad call, yadda yadda, no call, yadda, offsides, yadda, yadda, free kick, yadda, no call, yadda yadda... 0-0. OT...repeat yadda yaddas and no calls/bad calls and then finally a controversial but good call and 1-0. Final. Par for the course. Hoping the USA can beat Japan like 5-1 tomorrow.
            You pretty much got your wish. Not a bad prediction. And that was with the ref missing a blatant handball on Japan that would have given the US a free kick from about 35 or 40 out. Our set pieces were pretty dangerous all day long.

Comment

Thank you. I was hoping & had a feeling but quite surprised how close I was! And, one of Japan's goals was an own goal by stellar Julie Johnston so I couldn't have seen that one coming!

Comment

Thank you. I was hoping & had a feeling but quite surprised how close I was! And, one of Japan's goals was an own goal by stellar Julie Johnston so I couldn't have seen that one coming!
                Own goals are frustrating, but they are usually the result of good play by the offensive team, putting the defensive team in a difficult spot where if the misplay the ball even slightly, it is a goal. And that's what happened. Johnson was involved in both of their goals as she got turned off of the ball on the first goal. The life of a defender is tough. You get beat once and it can be a goal. She had a great tournament however.

Comment

Own goals are frustrating, but they are usually the result of good play by the offensive team, putting the defensive team in a difficult spot where if the misplay the ball even slightly, it is a goal. And that's what happened. Johnson was involved in both of their goals as she got turned off of the ball on the first goal. The life of a defender is tough. You get beat once and it can be a goal. She had a great tournament however.
                  Yes - let's hear it for the defenders! (WNT and otherwise.) IMO, the toughest play in soccer, and possibly in sports, is handling a ball heading toward your goal with a forward hot on your heals. A split second to make a decision and very little room for error once that decision is made. Thanks to the WNT defenders, Solo was rarely challenged (though I still believe she is the best in the world).

Comment

Great job for the defenders!! I do feel bad for them - in a thankless job pretty much. Wish the WC also had a best defender golden ball or something. I suspect US soccer would improve if we started somehow awarding more kudos/glory to the defender position starting back in youth soccer.

Comment

Yes - let's hear it for the defenders! (WNT and otherwise.) IMO, the toughest play in soccer, and possibly in sports, is handling a ball heading toward your goal with a forward hot on your heals. A split second to make a decision and very little room for error once that decision is made. Thanks to the WNT defenders, Solo was rarely challenged (though I still believe she is the best in the world).
                      The back four for the WNT played incredible the entire tourney. Johnson will be on that back line for years, barring injury. Klingfelter (I probably have her name wrong) was really outstanding. Good decision making and was comfortable on the ball and got forward into he attack. I'm sure that during film study they saw a lot of things they didn't do well, but winning the WC was largely due to their efforts. The entire team actually played very well defensively, the forwards actually ARE expected to play defense and the did.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X