Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What do you mean? Like, every so often, the USWNT can give a U16 boys team a good game...
    Probably be a good game. My 8th grade son thinks his team could beat the USWNT after watching the Sweden game.

Comment

Don't look now but Columbia stuns France 2-0. Based upon the analysis so far by the resident experts, France has absolutely no chance.

Comment

Colombia not Columbia.

Comment

Womens soccer is like underwater soccer.
          Good line but it just ain't true. Underwater soccer is much more exciting:
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=31&v=y30aDoI2QkI

Comment

I tried to watch some England/Mexico today. I really did. Just so boring had to turn it off before half. I do like it better than WNBA for sure.

Comment

I tried to watch some England/Mexico today. I really did. Just so boring had to turn it off before half. I do like it better than WNBA for sure.
              Sadly... still more entertaining than watching MLS!!!!

Comment

Sadly... still more entertaining than watching MLS!!!!
                More entertaining than watching the Timbers at least.

Comment

More entertaining than watching the Timbers at least.
                  That's setting the bar pretty low.

Comment

The only time I will ever watch Womens soccer is World Cup USA. And even that is hard to get through the whole game. Still, it's USA, so...

I agree MLS is not at the level of the top Euro leagues but I'll watch a Timbers game end to end and be entertained. The level of soccer of men is just 100 fold. I'm sorry but it's true. If it weren't true, the money would follow the women. It doesn't.

I'd like to see the Timbers play the USWNT. If both teams went all out, any guesses on score?

Comment

The only time I will ever watch Womens soccer is World Cup USA. And even that is hard to get through the whole game. Still, it's USA, so...

I agree MLS is not at the level of the top Euro leagues but I'll watch a Timbers game end to end and be entertained. The level of soccer of men is just 100 fold. I'm sorry but it's true. If it weren't true, the money would follow the women. It doesn't.

I'd like to see the Timbers play the USWNT. If both teams went all out, any guesses on score?
                      Something big to zero for the Timbers for sure.

Comment

Timbers win 35-0 if they went all out. That's less than a goal every 2 minutes so my estimate might be low. Could be 50-0. Somewhere in that range.

Comment

Timbers win 35-0 if they went all out. That's less than a goal every 2 minutes so my estimate might be low. Could be 50-0. Somewhere in that range.
                          So a well funded professional Timbers team with international players suck so bad we have to compare them to a women's team from one country? Really?

Comment

So a well funded professional Timbers team with international players suck so bad we have to compare them to a women's team from one country? Really?
                            If you actually read the thread, you would know that someone mentioned that USWNT is more entertaining than MLS... and then someone mentioned it was certainly more entertaining than the Timbers. I think this is a response to that... at least that would make sense to me, comparing the quality of soccer of the Timbers to the USWNT. You would need reading comprehension skills to understand.

P.S. you cannot expect me to provide cliff notes every time. This is a one time thing. You're welcome.

Comment

I think that's the point. You cannot compare men's and women's quality of soccer. One is high level. One is not. It's nothing to take offense to. It's just reality.

Comment

While this comes across as sour grapes, I feel like there is some truth to this underneath. Agree or disagree?

"The USA, well, they just aren’t that good"

"The US certainly like to talk a good game. The reality is they play a fairly rudimentary, bog-standard 4-4-2, were short of ideas going forward and outmanoeuvred tactically. ‘Play it long and look for the head of Wambach’ seems the default game-plan for a team stuck in the past."
                                Huh. And here they've made the finals and with Wambach sitting the bench for much of the game. That 4-4-2 may not have been great offensively, but they only gave up one goal with it. And when they switched to a 4-2-3-1 they were much better in possesion and in attacking. Thanks Austraila, maybe you provided the spark this team needed.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X