Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I agree that girl's soccer in Oregon has never done much. However, the academy 15/16 is killing it. The big difference is that poor kids can play in the academy. Not just the poor Crusader girls who are promoted by their rich daddies who live in mud lake (Lake No African American for the denser ones on the blog) and sunset hills. Oregon girl's soccer still is only a country club sport. 20 years behind the boys. Fortunately, the rest of the world (and minorities in this country) likes their daughters barefoot and pregnant so this truth is not so self evident. If the Hispanic girls were valued like the country club girls, we could compete. However, there is a segment in our society who do not want this change as they like to pretend their OES, Catlin Gable and Crusader girls are special. They are special until they compete against California and Washington where the paradigm has changed. Boo hoo hoo. Oh, moderator, she is upsetting me. My daughter is special. True, none are sent to a Pac 12 team outside of Oregon like the boys. We do not need to deal with reality. So choke on that box of chicken (cocks).
    I assume you are talking about the boys and not the girls in terms of the academy. In terms of girls, I do agree that soccer is still a country club sport in Oregon. Boys, however, used to be that way too.

Your comments about minorities are probably too sophisticated by the group on this forum. Maybe not. I think it went way over their heads.

Comment

I agree that girl's soccer in Oregon has never done much. However, the academy 15/16 is killing it. The big difference is that poor kids can play in the academy. Not just the poor Crusader girls who are promoted by their rich daddies who live in mud lake (Lake No African American for the denser ones on the blog) and sunset hills. Oregon girl's soccer still is only a country club sport. 20 years behind the boys. Fortunately, the rest of the world (and minorities in this country) likes their daughters barefoot and pregnant so this truth is not so self evident. If the Hispanic girls were valued like the country club girls, we could compete. However, there is a segment in our society who do not want this change as they like to pretend their OES, Catlin Gable and Crusader girls are special. They are special until they compete against California and Washington where the paradigm has changed. Boo hoo hoo. Oh, moderator, she is upsetting me. My daughter is special. True, none are sent to a Pac 12 team outside of Oregon like the boys. We do not need to deal with reality. So choke on that box of chicken (cocks).

Why do you hate rich people who think that buying their kids way to happiness is the path to success?

Comment

Why do you hate rich people who think that buying their kids way to happiness is the path to success?
        Nothing wrong with being successful, is there? Sorry that you, and your kid, will be working for minimum wage and living in a cave your entire lives.

Comment

Can anyone explain the comments I read about ecnl and referees?

Comment

Can anyone explain the comments I read about ecnl and referees?
            The local teams played and no one bothered to get referees for the games so they turned into friendlies with the dads doing the refing. Very embarassing. They then followed that up with traveling to Dallas where they were snowed out for the entire weekend and didn't play. Some parents were out $2,500 or more for that one and got nothing but a crummy vacation out of it. They are promising that things will get better. They can't get much worse.

Comment

The local teams played and no one bothered to get referees for the games so they turned into friendlies with the dads doing the refing. Very embarassing. They then followed that up with traveling to Dallas where they were snowed out for the entire weekend and didn't play. Some parents were out $2,500 or more for that one and got nothing but a crummy vacation out of it. They are promising that things will get better. They can't get much worse.
              Only seems to have been a problem for the TA lemmings that can't find anything good about their own programs to post. Games were played, development happened, which is a lot more than can be said about what goes on in the TA lemming programs.

Comment

Poor little Angry ECNL Poster, has to keep saying negative things about the Thorns. Must feel really threatened. What to do next year when his dd gets cut?

Comment

The younger ages aren't looking so good. It's going to be a long 3-4 years.
                  http://40.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6...6ymvo1_500.jpg

Comment

More of the same this weekend?

Comment

More of the same this weekend?
                      Yup, so far. And not even to top teams.

Comment

There are other ECNL teams that are doing much worse than Oregon's teams.

U14: http://www.eliteclubsnationalleague..../68833328.html
                        U15: http://www.eliteclubsnationalleague..../68833329.html

and the U16/U17 are doing fine
                        U16: http://www.eliteclubsnationalleague..../68833330.html
                        U17: http://www.eliteclubsnationalleague..../68833331.html

Comment

FCP U17s and CU16s are currently qualified for Champions League, and that's without the supposed super stars on the Thorns Academy...

Comment

FCP U17s and CU16s are currently qualified for Champions League, and that's without the supposed super stars on the Thorns Academy...
                            Imagine where they'd be with them.

Comment

Imagine where they'd be with them.
                              Probably about the same. Adding OYSA also rans probably wouldn't help that much...

Comment

Probably about the same. Adding OYSA also rans probably wouldn't help that much...
                                Other than displacing a bunch of the starters you mean.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X