Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Ecnl has been polluted in the recent years. Just because socal blues is in ecnl doesn't mean every team and their results are like that.

If you remember that it's fc Portland and ossa/thusc joining the league, the bad development structure, lack of refs, poor quality makes sense before you add the ecnl acronym.
    Why don't you clarify how FC or THUSC have a bad development structure. Explain what a good one looks like. Back your statements up so you're not just some random anonymous jackass making stupid posts on this forum.

Comment

I always keep a set of flags in the car. Never have gotten the chance to use them. It would be fun to "get the call" and sprint to the car and come back with my old basketball referee jersey and the flags.
      You woulda been a life saver this weekend! Where were you?

Comment

Why don't you clarify how FC or THUSC have a bad development structure. Explain what a good one looks like. Back your statements up so you're not just some random anonymous jackass making stupid posts on this forum.
        But then he would start to resemble Angry ECNL Poster.

Comment

You woulda been a life saver this weekend! Where were you?
          Fly fishing. I thought the excitement would be roughly the same.

Comment

Where is Angry ECNL Poster to defend this mess of a situation? Maybe he was in charge of getting refs, which would explain the fiasco of the situation. How bad is it that you can't even get refs there to a game? What a farse.

Comment

But then he would start to resemble Angry ECNL Poster.
              Empty thoughtless posts

Comment

No refs last weekend, no games this weekend.

Comment

A little planning would have eliminated the No Ref problem. All the planning, money, professionalism in the world can't control the weather. Bundling these two issues together into a slam for ECNL is absurd. But, this seems to be the theme no matter the subject; ECNL, Thorns, National Team, Oregon, ODP, United States... etc., bash until you are blue in the face.

Carry on

Comment

A little planning would have eliminated the No Ref problem. All the planning, money, professionalism in the world can't control the weather. Bundling these two issues together into a slam for ECNL is absurd. But, this seems to be the theme no matter the subject; ECNL, Thorns, National Team, Oregon, ODP, United States... etc., bash until you are blue in the face.

Carry on
                    It wasn't a slam. It was just a restatement of the facts. I don't think anyone is saying that the weather can be controlled or prevented. But it doesn't change the fact that it cost the parents $1,000 at least to send their dd's down there and they get maybe one game out of it and two days in the hotel room. I don't doubt parents will consider these facts when deciding whether or not to go out next year. I know that everyone factored in that it would cost $1,000 or more to go to Dallas, but I doubt anyone factored in that it might get snowed out and result in, at most, one game. All of the options, ECNL, Thorns, OYSA/OPL or even discovery player on some other ECNL, have their pros and cons.

Comment

This is where some enterprising dads jump in and ref and AR. Make it fun for a change.
                      This would be a hoot! Just use t-shirts as flags.

Comment

This would be a hoot! Just use t-shirts as flags.
                        And at half time they can get the juicebox mommies to bring them some juiceboxes.

Comment

It wasn't a slam. It was just a restatement of the facts. I don't think anyone is saying that the weather can be controlled or prevented. But it doesn't change the fact that it cost the parents $1,000 at least to send their dd's down there and they get maybe one game out of it and two days in the hotel room. I don't doubt parents will consider these facts when deciding whether or not to go out next year. I know that everyone factored in that it would cost $1,000 or more to go to Dallas, but I doubt anyone factored in that it might get snowed out and result in, at most, one game. All of the options, ECNL, Thorns, OYSA/OPL or even discovery player on some other ECNL, have their pros and cons.
                          Why would anyone factor that in? What exactly are they factoring into? I am a Texan and honestly I never gave cold weather much thought or planning ... only hot weather. Texas in August.. yeah you might want to be warned. Why do you care?

Comment

Why would anyone factor that in? What exactly are they factoring into? I am a Texan and honestly I never gave cold weather much thought or planning ... only hot weather. Texas in August.. yeah you might want to be warned. Why do you care?
                            Since you're a Texan, I'll type it slower for you this time so that you understand. The parents are already gun shy about ECNL and the value it provides. If you don't believe that, you are clearly out of touch as coaches are doing everything they can to make sure parents are happy and don't leave. Add to these questions about value the fact that last weekend, this ELITE league was able to play two of five games because someone couldn't even schedule refs. They still have to play the games, mind you, so they have to find another weekend to do this. Then, on top of those items, add in that weather is a risk, and regardless of avoidable or not, it still is costing the parents a bunch of money and they don't even play one, and probably two, games. And there are no guarantees they will play on Sunday, although at least only two of the fields are grass, so that gives reason for hope. So next year, with all of this, on top of questions about the program to start with, you think that parents are just going to re-up next year, and any kids who didn't do it this year, will be driven over in droves so that they can experience it too?

ECNL Portland needed flawless execution this year, along with better than expected results. One age group is achieving the results. The rest not. And ECNL has been far from flaw free this year. Only in the mind of an ECNL kool aid drinker would a person think that there won't be serious questions asked by parents regarding next year.

Comment

Since you're a Texan, I'll type it slower for you this time so that you understand. The parents are already gun shy about ECNL and the value it provides. If you don't believe that, you are clearly out of touch as coaches are doing everything they can to make sure parents are happy and don't leave. Add to these questions about value the fact that last weekend, this ELITE league was able to play two of five games because someone couldn't even schedule refs. They still have to play the games, mind you, so they have to find another weekend to do this. Then, on top of those items, add in that weather is a risk, and regardless of avoidable or not, it still is costing the parents a bunch of money and they don't even play one, and probably two, games. And there are no guarantees they will play on Sunday, although at least only two of the fields are grass, so that gives reason for hope. So next year, with all of this, on top of questions about the program to start with, you think that parents are just going to re-up next year, and any kids who didn't do it this year, will be driven over in droves so that they can experience it too?

ECNL Portland needed flawless execution this year, along with better than expected results. One age group is achieving the results. The rest not. And ECNL has been far from flaw free this year. Only in the mind of an ECNL kool aid drinker would a person think that there won't be serious questions asked by parents regarding next year.
                              You sure do spend alot of time typing pure bullsh!t. No one cares that you care about how much other people are spending. Really, no one cares. Try concentrating on your dd and her B team. You spew envy and jealousy in your remarks.

Comment

You sure do spend alot of time typing pure bullsh!t. No one cares that you care about how much other people are spending. Really, no one cares. Try concentrating on your dd and her B team. You spew envy and jealousy in your remarks.
                                The fact that I get you riled up is reward enough. Angry ECNL Poster, you really make us laugh.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X