Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Their size? The 2013 estimate size of Bend was like 85k. They are the only club for hours in any direction, so you can damn near double that population. It's the same reason Eugene has good teams or gets a couple of D1 players every year.... They are the only game in town. Compared to how many clubs on say the westside of Portland? Westside, BSC, FC Portland, Thusc, Westside T/S, WUSC, L.O, F.G. vikings, HSC, Aloha, etc. The list goes on and on the further down the skill level you chose to end at.

They could have ****ty or great coaches, doesn't matter.
    My oldest DD played for Bend. The coaching was excellent the Doc was amazing. The parents were great. One thing about the size of Bend is that they don't have competing clubs. Even so, they have competing sports as Bend is more athletic per capita and they have a lot of girls and boys on snowboard, ski teams, rock climbing and off road cycling. So much wonderful stuff to do in Bend. I miss it.

No doubt that they do benefit from not having to compete with other clubs. Even so, overall I give them very high marks for a job well done. We have also have experience with Thusc and Eastside,.

Comment

My oldest DD played for Bend. The coaching was excellent the Doc was amazing. The parents were great. One thing about the size of Bend is that they don't have competing clubs. Even so, they have competing sports as Bend is more athletic per capita and they have a lot of girls and boys on snowboard, ski teams, rock climbing and off road cycling. So much wonderful stuff to do in Bend. I miss it.

No doubt that they do benefit from not having to compete with other clubs. Even so, overall I give them very high marks for a job well done. We have also have experience with Thusc and Eastside,.
      Is there really hard data to support your claim that "Bend is more athletic per capita"?

Comment

given all the advantages that Bend has, you would think their teams would be better. Other than a few teams, majority of the teams that they produce are mediocre.

Comment

You are wrong about the competing not club thing there is another club in Bend- cascade rush

Comment

Bend metro area is approx 100k, Eugene/Springfield's is over 350k. Eugene club also pulls from Corvallis, Roseburg, etc. Bend does quite well considering their smaller size.

Comment

Someone in the 01 thread says the seeding meeting is Friday, so any guesses who will be premier in the new combined league?

Comment

Someone in the 01 thread says the seeding meeting is Friday, so any guesses who will be premier in the new combined league?
                CFC
                BSC
                WT Copa TS
                Wash T
                FCP
                THUSC
                Eastside

and a toss up for the last spot: Nemesis, Corvallis, Eugene, WUSC

Comment

CFC
                  BSC
                  WT Copa TS
                  Wash T
                  FCP
                  THUSC
                  Eastside

and a toss up for the last spot: Nemesis, Corvallis, Eugene, WUSC
                  I agree. And that's a very solid and very competitive line up!

Comment

Eugene will get it easily. Timbers club. It's a gimme. Eugene even made NWCL after finishing 7th in split league. It's who you know...

Comment

If you look at last planet it should be

1. BSC legends
                      2. Copa to
                      3. Fcp
                      4wash timbers
                      5. Cfc
                      6. Thus can
                      7. Eastside
                      8. Emfc

Then WUSC BSC tiempo and rogue valley and then fc salmon creek

After Eastside tho there is a large gap to the next team.

Comment

You are wrong about the competing not club thing there is another club in Bend- cascade rush
                        Did not realize Rush was still there. Googled them and taken took their facebook page talking about not being able to play in Bend Premier Cup. Did they not get their registrations on in time?

Comment

Originally posted by Slow Xavi View Post
                          Did not realize Rush was still there. Googled them and taken took their facebook page talking about not being able to play in Bend Premier Cup. Did they not get their registrations on in time?
                          I am not sure what happened but it seems several clubs/teams were turned away from BPC this year due to no more room.

It's pretty amazing at the 02 level there are at least 3 full teams of girls from Bend, 2 from Bend Timbers and 1 from Rush.

Comment

I am not sure what happened but it seems several clubs/teams were turned away from BPC this year due to no more room.

It's pretty amazing at the 02 level there are at least 3 full teams of girls from Bend, 2 from Bend Timbers and 1 from Rush.
                            That is great for Bend. Too bad no more room - at our age group we have some gold and silver teams playing in the same division, ideally could have played at their level. Excited to take in central Oregon soccer though!

Comment

Next May at tryouts this group (current u13 teams) may have a potential mess on their hands. Rumor has it that teams will be switching to year age teams instead of school age teams.

This will take any current u13 02 7th graders and move them to an 02 team that is also freshman and have been playing with the year older team for the most part. How will that work? Will the younger, ingoing 8th graders, lose their 8th grade fall season?

To add to the mess will be kids leaving their clubs for ecnl teams.

Comment

Did any OR girls who made ODP Regional camp make the Regional team/team pool? Or is it really just all CA & WA girls?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X