Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does qualifying for NWCL happen now?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    That's not the point. We know we aren't playing - by choice - even though we are a top 2 team in our age group.

The point is this "champions league" is dead and just refuses to lay down. A website with current schedules from 2013? No accepted teams posted for games that could begin as soon as 10 days from now? Ridiculous.

With all the posts about TA or ECNL being money grabs, you'd think teams would figure out that this non champions league is all about the Benjamins and has zero to do with selecting quality teams. Probably the last gasp of a dying OPL.
    It's a perfectly legitimate regional league whose champion goes to the Nationals finals. What's wrong with that? Certainly seems better than what OYSA has to offer. Just because you're not involved (and not by your choice either, I'm sure) doesn't mean anything. And games are almost 6 weeks from now. Why do you need to know what's going on and whose playing? Do you plan to come out and watch some real soccer for a change?

Comment

It's a perfectly legitimate regional league whose champion goes to the Nationals finals. What's wrong with that? Certainly seems better than what OYSA has to offer. Just because you're not involved (and not by your choice either, I'm sure) doesn't mean anything. And games are almost 6 weeks from now. Why do you need to know what's going on and whose playing? Do you plan to come out and watch some real soccer for a change?
      We aren't wasting our time and money on this joke of a league. Based purely on the teams from our club who were invited, I can assure you this is not a champions league. And the promotors obviously feel the same way which is why they won't even post a list of teams who qualified (definition of qualified in NWCL world = are dumb enough to pay for this waste of time).

Comment

We aren't wasting our time and money on this joke of a league. Based purely on the teams from our club who were invited, I can assure you this is not a champions league. And the promotors obviously feel the same way which is why they won't even post a list of teams who qualified (definition of qualified in NWCL world = are dumb enough to pay for this waste of time).
        Keep playing your rec kick-and-chase in OYSA. Doesn't bother the rest of us one bit not to have to put up with you on the sidelines. And I'm sorry that you consider your kid's team to be a "joke".

Comment

Keep playing your rec kick-and-chase in OYSA. Doesn't bother the rest of us one bit not to have to put up with you on the sidelines. And I'm sorry that you consider your kid's team to be a "joke".
          ASSuming a lot, aren't we? What makes you so sure I'm with a TA club? I'm not. And the league is a joke, not my kid's team, trust me.

I will await your apology when the brackets are posted for the super duper champions league.

Comment

ASSuming a lot, aren't we? What makes you so sure I'm with a TA club? I'm not. And the league is a joke, not my kid's team, trust me.

I will await your apology when the brackets are posted for the super duper champions league.
            Funny how your immediately associate "rec kick and chase" with "Timbers Alliance". Priceless. True. But Priceless!

Comment

I'll trust you if you actually name your kid's team...

Comment

NWCL is a decent regional league for Oregon. Anyone who say's otherwise is just hating.

Comment

Was decent but no one knows if will be decent this year. No teams posted yet? If good, teams should be posted by now. Not posting teams usually means the teams aren't so good... NWCL might not be decent anymore. Hope we soon see.

Comment

Was decent but no one knows if will be decent this year. No teams posted yet? If good, teams should be posted by now. Not posting teams usually means the teams aren't so good... NWCL might not be decent anymore. Hope we soon see.
                    Those clubs/teams that are participating members know who is playing. Why do you need to know? So you can, in your infinite wisdom, pass some sort of judgment declaring NWCL inferior to OYSA rec soccer?

Comment

If you think somehow that NWCL will be worse than OPL or OYSA then you really are drinking the kook aid... not sure which kool aid, but your not as well informed as you think if that's what your insinuating.

Comment

Those clubs/teams that are participating members know who is playing. Why do you need to know? So you can, in your infinite wisdom, pass some sort of judgment declaring NWCL inferior to OYSA rec soccer?
                        He's just trolling... .no one in their right mind would or could claim with any kind of proof that NWCL is crappier than OYSA or OPL.

Comment

I'm not sure why the list is gone now, but when I saw it recently, there were pretty much your old standard strong clubs:

FC PDX
                          Pac NW
                          Eastside (WA)
                          Westside Timbers
                          And a bunch of other big name Washington clubs I can't remember now.....

There will be plenty of strong teams in this league. Are there inclusion methods full-proof, no. But still will be pretty good. I will say though, I'm a TM and the whole thing has been pretty disorganized with a huge lack of communication this year. Hopefully they will get their stuff together soon!

Comment

What you saw posted before was "Preliminary Brackets" that were like who
                            They wanted to play maybe...then they listed "alternates" and then teams that had "applied". Several of our clubs teams who are bottom of Premier were on the "applied"
                            List and got in so doubt all the preliminary and alternate teams are doing it this year. Still happy to do NWCL tho. Not much else, so why not.

Comment

Games are a little over 3 weeks away now. Any word on which teams are even accepted/playing?

Comment

Is it possible to do nwcl fwrl and oysa league?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X