Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hope solo has her issues to be sure and some demons which have caused her problems. But this shouldn't be political as she isn't wrong. Thus is soccer in the US. We have a pay-to-play system and the result is that those with privilege get more. I"m sure you see it at your own soccer club. The kid of a sponsor makes the cut. Good players when they are young that can't afford the travel drop out. It is what it is. Hopefully we can fix some of the issues but without a top down funding system, I doubt it.
    Yeah start by getting rid of the stay to play so I can get a more affordable hotel when I do travel games

Comment

Yeah start by getting rid of the stay to play so I can get a more affordable hotel when I do travel games
      Traveling at all is part of the problem; it wasn't that long ago you almost never went out of state for anything, now it's "normal". Many families can't afford it and the kids dropping out of the sports the fastest are from low income families. It isn't just the high fees, or the travel, it's all of it. As income is highly correlated with race it's not surprising many teams are mostly suburban white kids. They have the parents who can afford the extra activities.

https://www.aspenprojectplay.org/you...cipation-rates

Comment

Traveling at all is part of the problem; it wasn't that long ago you almost never went out of state for anything, now it's "normal". Many families can't afford it and the kids dropping out of the sports the fastest are from low income families. It isn't just the high fees, or the travel, it's all of it. As income is highly correlated with race it's not surprising many teams are mostly suburban white kids. They have the parents who can afford the extra activities.

You are absolutely correct. Because black people or on welfare or government assistance, you will rarely see black kid playing soccer. Black kids playing soccer is like finding a unicorn. Hispanic on the other hand are generally undocumented, work for cash, live 2 to 3 families in a two bedroom apartment, and save a lot of money. This is probably why you see a lot of Hispanic and whites play soccer. Asian generally don't participate in sports they are too busy becoming engineers, doctors, nail shop owner, pharmacists, etc...

Comment

In addition, if low income families are going to make the sacrifices to support their kids involvement in youth sports, the majority choose sports where they anticipate the kid can make some serious $$ if/when they go pro (football, basketball, baseball, golf, tennis, etc.).

So that leaves out soccer, lacrosse, gymnastics, etc. Those sports will continue to attract a largely white, upper middle class following.

Comment

Can't wait till Rapinoe retires.
            Rapinoe still threatens you in some way, yeah?

Why don't you get more secure in your manhood, grow some sack, and quit being a pussy?

Comment

Originally posted by Magic Dick View Post

Why don't you get more secure in your manhood, grow some sack, and quit being a pussy?
              She does not threaten me. I am embarrass to be American. She not a good representation of what a good American should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Magic Dick View Post

Pick the hair out of your teeth and fk off.

Comment

Pick the hair out of your teeth and fk off.
                  Hey that she likes bush is hot, her disrespecting the flag is atrocious!!

Comment

I heard someone mention rapinoe is threat from inside the 18 yard box. I hardly consider her a threat. She is the one that takes penalty kicks. Anyone on the uswnt can score on a penalty kick. He'll, Jill Ellis could of made those penalty kicks

Comment

Racist . Oh you mean the blow job Queen herself kamala
                      You're obviously educated. Alot of people out their are not aware that Harris only got were she was by blowing & lifting her skirt constantly.

Comment

She does not threaten me. I am embarrass to be American. She not a good representation of what a good American should be.
                        She's a winner. Not afraid to speak her mind and stand up for others. Sounds very American to me. You can't stand that she's gay.

Comment

You are absolutely correct. Because black people or on welfare or government assistance, you will rarely see black kid playing soccer. Black kids playing soccer is like finding a unicorn. Hispanic on the other hand are generally undocumented, work for cash, live 2 to 3 families in a two bedroom apartment, and save a lot of money. This is probably why you see a lot of Hispanic and whites play soccer. Asian generally don't participate in sports they are too busy becoming engineers, doctors, nail shop owner, pharmacists, etc...
                          Another day, another racist.

It's too bad that this is an anonymous forum. If I knew who you were, I would beat your head into a bloody pulp.

Comment

How funny.... A white privilege person complaining about white privilege.
                            Solo grew up poor white trash (shocking given her behavior I know).
                            She has said her family never could have paid had it cost what it does now. She's an all around train wreck but she's right that soccer isn't affordable, which keeps more people of color out of the sport. However soccer just isn't popular here and even less so with African Americans. They follow basketball and football, not soccer. It is with Hispanics but mostly males watching men's teams. Young athletes want to play the sports their friends play, watch games their families watch

Comment

You're obviously educated. Alot of people out their are not aware that Harris only got were she was by blowing & lifting her skirt constantly.
                              And you're obviously not educated. If you were, you would know that there is no such word as "alot," chucklehead.

Comment

Solo grew up poor white trash (shocking given her behavior I know).
                                "poor white trash" says the trailer park dweller...that's rich! :D

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X