Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real NJ

This local township club seems to have defied the odds in today’s landscape and are beating the big boys (SJEB, PDA South etc) at their own game in their own back yard. Looking at options in SJ, but how have they been able to develop all their players from the U littles to current ages to be so dominant and successful as a program?

The real answer is they haven't. They have good teams at a few ages, and an incredible team at one age group. That's wonderful. It happens occasionally. You get the right confluence of talent that wants to stay together and parents that agree and that's what happens. There are other examples at township clubs from around the state. The real trick is to be able to do this at every age group.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      The real answer is they haven't. They have good teams at a few ages, and an incredible team at one age group. That's wonderful. It happens occasionally. You get the right confluence of talent that wants to stay together and parents that agree and that's what happens. There are other examples at township clubs from around the state. The real trick is to be able to do this at every age group.
      The impressive thing is that they developed these kids from a very young (U8/9) age unlike the mentioned academies which constantly poach and replace from other teams. Give these guys credit they are breaking the mold in youth soccer and I bet their neighbors are not too happy about it.

Comment

The impressive thing is that they developed these kids from a very young (U8/9) age unlike the mentioned academies which constantly poach and replace from other teams. Give these guys credit they are breaking the mold in youth soccer and I bet their neighbors are not too happy about it.
        Are you stupid ?Like seriously are you stupid?
        They developed U8/U9 unlike the mentioned.... come on ! Stop it lol.
        Real Nj is bootleg. Average coaching staff, poor facilities.
        Luckily rusty has 2 terrific sons or real nj would be nothing.
        The style they play or at least the lack of style was exposed so bad at the prospect cup.
        If you thought u15 PDAs girls showed bad, real boys completely outclassed.
        Sjeb pda is a different breathe then real nj. The flagship real nj boys team didn’t even finish at the club. They finished in Washington township. Go figure! Real equals parent run club that cheery pick the best talent from south Jersey soccer league. Put more girls in college real nj and then talk!

Comment

Why is this team referred to as a township team? It doesn’t appear to be less expensive than the others mentioned. What qualifies a club to be an academy vs a town team?

Comment

The style they play or at least the lack of style was exposed so bad at the prospect cup.
            Sjeb pda is a different breathe then real nj. The flagship real nj boys team didn’t even finish at the club. They finished in Washington township. Go figure! Real equals parent run club that cheery pick the best talent from south Jersey soccer league. Put more girls in college real nj and then talk!
            Completely true about the facilities. Girls were forced to play on really beat up grass fields this past season. Not the worst I've seen, but they weren't in great condition.

They have some homer coaches (and refs) as well.

I think it's great they have put together some decent teams, but I don't understand the bragging from some of their parents. Enjoy what you have and try to keep it together as long as you can.

Comment

It’s unfortunate that the jealousy folks have for this club shows with posts like the above. They are breaking the mold and showing that quality over quantity is the way to go! PDA and SJEB are worried otherwise you would not see posts like the above.

Comment

25 kids on a roster seems like quantity to me

Comment

It’s unfortunate that the jealousy folks have for this club shows with posts like the above. They are breaking the mold and showing that quality over quantity is the way to go! PDA and SJEB are worried otherwise you would not see posts like the above.
                  You just seem like a know-it-all parent from their sidelines screaming their heads off when you don't get what you want. There is nothing wrong with what they're trying to accomplish, but let's not pretend they are somehow much better from their competition.

Comment

You just seem like a know-it-all parent from their sidelines screaming their heads off when you don't get what you want. There is nothing wrong with what they're trying to accomplish, but let's not pretend they are somehow much better from their competition.
                    06 Parents are the worst! Especially that mom with raspy smokers voice.

Comment

Why is this team referred to as a township team? It doesn’t appear to be less expensive than the others mentioned. What qualifies a club to be an academy vs a town team?
                      If it's in their by-laws that the majority of their players must be residents of the town, then it's a township team.

Comment

If it's in their by-laws that the majority of their players must be residents of the town, then it's a township team.
                        I know a few dozen players on several teams and a majority are not from Medford.

Comment

I know a few dozen players on several teams and a majority are not from Medford.
                          Then you can't really call it a township club.

Comment

25 kids on a roster seems like quantity to me
                            Which team has 25? And why would one play for a local club with no pathway with 25 on the roster??? At least I’d they had 14-16 I get it but 25??? Crazy

Comment

Which team has 25? And why would one play for a local club with no pathway with 25 on the roster??? At least I’d they had 14-16 I get it but 25??? Crazy
                              Maybe they live in the town and don't want to travel to another club? And maybe the club hoping to get more players so they can form a second team?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X