Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    But the employer can write them off so what’s the dealio.
    Only 50% of the cost of meals during business travel is tax deductible.

Comment

There's also the hassle factor. Easier for clubs to collect $ up front as part of the fees for the season rather than chase people down all the time.

Comment

Its known that parents pay for coaches. Not fair but what can you really do about it? Tell the coach you arent paying for him or her? No choice but to do it if you want your son or daughter to play.

Comment

Its known that parents pay for coaches. Not fair but what can you really do about it? Tell the coach you arent paying for him or her? No choice but to do it if you want your son or daughter to play.
          You should be happy to pay us.
          We take your non-athletic kid, train them, convince them and you that d1 is in their future and put up with all your bitchin and moaning.
          Even your loved ones don’t put up with that.

Comment

We take your non-athletic kid, train them, convince them and you that d1 is in their future and put up with all your bitchin and moaning.
            I'm a parent and I agree.

Coach is on a business trip, meals are a business expense.
            Foundational model of business remains: Revenue > Expenses
            Until you come up with a way for your kid to generate alternative streams for the club, parent fees are the revenue stream.

Comment

Sums up what club soccer is all about.

Comment

I pay so my coach can have hookers and blow during away games. Turns out my wife will do what's necessary so that our kid gets more play time. I'm hoping for a female coach in college.

Comment

I pay so my coach can have hookers and blow during away games. Turns out my wife will do what's necessary so that our kid gets more play time. I'm hoping for a female coach in college.
                  Yeah, me too, nothin like some lesbo action.

Comment

Why should you care what coach does on off hours. None of your business.
                    Unless you’re jealous?

Comment

Yeah, me too, nothin like some lesbo action.
                      She should be playing basketball...

Comment

I'm a parent and I agree.

Coach is on a business trip, meals are a business expense.
                        Foundational model of business remains: Revenue > Expenses
                        Until you come up with a way for your kid to generate alternative streams for the club, parent fees are the revenue stream.
                        Coaches should be paid for their business trips, but the money should come directly from the club and the annual fees. Having to approach parents before every road trip for money is unprofessional and annoying. And its not my job as a parent to come up with different revenue streams. That is what club owners and managers are for. But its not rocket science. Build up the brand, sell sponsorships, create partnerships with apparel companies, sell clinics, etc. Its all right there for the taking if you have a well run club.

Comment

Coaches should be paid for their business trips, but the money should come directly from the club and the annual fees. Having to approach parents before every road trip for money is unprofessional and annoying. And its not my job as a parent to come up with different revenue streams. That is what club owners and managers are for. But its not rocket science. Build up the brand, sell sponsorships, create partnerships with apparel companies, sell clinics, etc. Its all right there for the taking if you have a well run club.
                          wow! A very sensible answer to the question. buddy you are on the wrong site. This is for mean and viscious posters. We can't be having a very well thought out posts to the question posted. Well done!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X