Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Baysides best players actually stayed on Bayside and that team has an amazing coaching team now. Three of those Bayside girls that are still there have better foot skills and speed than any of the girls who left and went to Surf. We are leaving the Surf team. It’s a mess and many are moving on to Scorpions or looking around.

Bay 10 has 1 really good player, ML. If there are 3 as you say, why did you not win a game all Fall or at any tournaments, and i don't mean against town teams, i mean EDP or NEP teams? And why is the coach not accepting invites to scrimmage 2010 and 2011 teams for free? Troll or really current on that surf team? If current, you were probably getting cut in June anyway.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2907053]Bay 10 has 1 really good player, ML. If there are 3 as you say, why did you not win a game all Fall or at any tournaments, and i don't mean against town teams, i mean EDP or NEP teams? And why is the coach not accepting invites to scrimmage 2010 and 2011 teams for free? Troll or really current on that surf team? If current, you were probably getting cut in June anyway.[/QUOTE

I can’t believe someone is breaking down rosters and referencing 2010 and 2011 players. Not to mention small sides on small fields is completely different than playing 11 v 11.

Comment

Bay 10 has 1 really good player, ML. If there are 3 as you say, why did you not win a game all Fall or at any tournaments, and i don't mean against town teams, i mean EDP or NEP teams? And why is the coach not accepting invites to scrimmage 2010 and 2011 teams for free? Troll or really current on that surf team? If current, you were probably getting cut in June anyway.
        For free? Does surf charge teams to scrimmage them?

Pretty sure coach’s hands are tied. Bayside has spot on NEP board. Those clubs will not give surf the time of day.

Comment

Pretty sure coach’s hands are tied. Bayside has spot on NEP board. Those clubs will not give surf the time of day.

Striker green pays you 100 per player to use your name, charges their kids $1000 less than you, and they beat you 10-0. Seriously, why are you on here?

Comment

It’s really gross when a dad comes on here to list his daughters initials and say she’s the only talent on a 2010 club team. Shameful and pathetic. Sorry for that team.

Comment

Striker green pays you 100 per player to use your name, charges their kids $1000 less than you, and they beat you 10-0. Seriously, why are you on here?
              Striker green is another town based premier club. At the younger age groups you have a pool of Smithfield players that if you play soccer you play Strikers. At 9 years old dad coaches have had these girls for years playing together. Of course you start off with an advantage, but you are already at your pool limit of possible premier players. You get no new talent to replace that 9 year old that doesn’t become the player you thought. You can’t replace your top girls when they decide to leave for NEFC or Bayside when they realize there kid may need a premier level coach with premier level facilities and premier level roster. Bayside allows you to use their name in hopes that you’re top players will realize this and come to them. Instead, dad coaches tell these players with potential that they can’t leave their friends and get black balled from town if they choose to leave.. This is one serious problem with RI soccer. Towns think they can run premier level clubs when they don’t normally have premier level dad coaches, facilities or rosters and by the time the players families realize it it is usually too late. Towns should run Superliga teams and support their hero ball players to try a premier club and support them if they decide to come back. How do we develop talent in RI when a dad doesn’t realize he might be over their head to get a kid into college until it’s possibly too late?

Comment

Yes, Surf will scrimmage BAY for free. Coach's hands tied? Simple, mom/dad, sit on the sideline with the kids, leave the BAY coach at home if hands are tied. Of course in NEP, been around forever. But how was your results compared to surf in Sept/October tournaments? Your losses were so bad in Sept, didn't you play 2nd division in Oct? I recall a 2011 team getting Premiership over you in that tournament, come on, really. You came in 7th out of 8 teams in the 2nd division, surf won the premiership level going undefeated. BAY did not play all fall, so nothing else to compare. Except, surf tied BAY striker green, BAY striker green beat you 10-0. You reference the girls that left are not better than the girls that stayed, you haven't won 1 game since they left. Just sayin

Comment

What is wrong with you guys??? What is all the hubbub about, just let your kids play and have a good time. Seriously

Comment

Do Surf play out of PCD also? There was a lot of players in surf uniforms on the field the past few weeks.

Comment

What is wrong with you guys??? What is all the hubbub about, just let your kids play and have a good time. Seriously
                      That's what we try to do, but constantly get bashed for doing it

Comment

Yes, Surf will scrimmage BAY for free. Coach's hands tied? Simple, mom/dad, sit on the sideline with the kids, leave the BAY coach at home if hands are tied. Of course in NEP, been around forever. But how was your results compared to surf in Sept/October tournaments? Your losses were so bad in Sept, didn't you play 2nd division in Oct? I recall a 2011 team getting Premiership over you in that tournament, come on, really. You came in 7th out of 8 teams in the 2nd division, surf won the premiership level going undefeated. BAY did not play all fall, so nothing else to compare. Except, surf tied BAY striker green, BAY striker green beat you 10-0. You reference the girls that left are not better than the girls that stayed, you haven't won 1 game since they left. Just sayin
                        Wow. This former bayside, now surf (with brief stint at NEFC southeast) parent will not quit. Calling out 2010 / 2011 players by initials, comparing fall scores during a pandemic and putting down players just starting their soccer journey. Still does not have a clue that what happens on a small field at adolescent ages is not indicator of things to come.

All this said, imagine what this chump will be like in a few years when the real soccer starts.....

Comment

Wow. This former bayside, now surf (with brief stint at NEFC southeast) parent will not quit. Calling out 2010 / 2011 players by initials, comparing fall scores during a pandemic and putting down players just starting their soccer journey. Still does not have a clue that what happens on a small field at adolescent ages is not indicator of things to come.

All this said, imagine what this chump will be like in a few years when the real soccer starts.....
                          I don't understand how there can be so much drama in soccer at such a young age. Did you all say this is 2010 and 2011 girls? Really? If you were talking about 2005, 2006, 2007 maybe that ould be interesting but 2010.... that's really sad. Those girls are little like seriously in 4th and 5th grade. The ones who have these intense fathers are only going to make them hate the sport and quit. Both teams, both clubs, seem to be slinging mud here. The post was about RI being crap soccer.. well this is why right here...The Dads are Nuts!

Comment

I don't understand how there can be so much drama in soccer at such a young age. Did you all say this is 2010 and 2011 girls? Really? If you were talking about 2005, 2006, 2007 maybe that ould be interesting but 2010.... that's really sad. Those girls are little like seriously in 4th and 5th grade. The ones who have these intense fathers are only going to make them hate the sport and quit. Both teams, both clubs, seem to be slinging mud here. The post was about RI being crap soccer.. well this is why right here...The Dads are Nuts!
                            Wholeheartedly agree. One can only hope the craziness is limited to a few of the Dads. I especially like the part about if bayside 2010 / 2011 coach can't scrimmage because Surf are the black sheep of MA / RI soccer scene, a parent should set up a chair instead so his daughters team can show Bayside what they are made of.....As a parent of older players, I would like to say this behavior at such a young age is new, but unfortunately it is not.

Comment

Wholeheartedly agree. One can only hope the craziness is limited to a few of the Dads. I especially like the part about if bayside 2010 / 2011 coach can't scrimmage because Surf are the black sheep of MA / RI soccer scene, a parent should set up a chair instead so his daughters team can show Bayside what they are made of.....As a parent of older players, I would like to say this behavior at such a young age is new, but unfortunately it is not.

Bay 10 won't play surf, or any other team for that matter for 1 reason. They are hoping their club name, which does hold a lot of weight in RI soccer, will somehow draw 2010 players to their June tryouts. Because if they play any games right now, and parents see how mediocre at best the team is, the parents that need a club for their children will definitely run to surf tryout instead. Why not play, everyone else is? And what is the problem with surf wanting to play bay 10? You think bay is best, surf just wants to prove it is not. It will never be new, that teams want to play the teams/clubs that think they are the best. Isn't that the point?

Comment

Bay 10 won't play surf, or any other team for that matter for 1 reason. They are hoping their club name, which does hold a lot of weight in RI soccer, will somehow draw 2010 players to their June tryouts. Because if they play any games right now, and parents see how mediocre at best the team is, the parents that need a club for their children will definitely run to surf tryout instead. Why not play, everyone else is? And what is the problem with surf wanting to play bay 10? You think bay is best, surf just wants to prove it is not. It will never be new, that teams want to play the teams/clubs that think they are the best. Isn't that the point?
                                I don’t know. From reading the last post I think it feels kind of gross and immature that the Surf parents who had their kids on 2010 Bayside now want to play their old team with the desire to shove it in their faces. I mean it was kind of jerky to all bail on Bayside to follow LR over to Surf. It was actually EPYSA who developed those players before and during Bayside and then they went to Surf. Now they want to play them to have parents say, hey you should have left with us LR has scouted more players and now we are awesome. End of the day those girls and their parents owe all their development to EPYSA and Bayside, they’ve got nothing but headaches from Surf.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X