Scorpions Are Rock Bottom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is an awful look for ECNL too. The league claims to be the tops, but this is a jv look all the way. Ouch.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      My daughter and I traveled down to the Florida ECNL National Event this past weekend with her Scorpions teammates. We were thrilled to take advantage of this huge opportunity and also some warm weather! However, everything took a wrong turn as soon as we arrived. Her coach got wasted/trashed/blotto and spent much of the weekend in the gutter, missing multiple team meetings and events that he scheduled. The scene was incredibly frustrating and confusing for all. For the parents that attended, myself included, it felt like we were covering up for an addict that fell off the wagon. Protecting the girls and their self esteem was about all we could manage. I am not one to call out everyone's mistakes, but this was beyond the pale. How can Scorpions talk nonsense about leading and developing young women with character when the club's own leadership so obviously lack the same character qualities. Such hypocrisy! Now we know why girls all over the state drive an extra hour or two to play for Stars.
      NR being NR, this was his MO before he bought the club.

Comment

I am also a concerned parent. I sent an email to ECNL board, let them look into it and decide if Nick violated the CODE of CONDUCT. I believe he did. I left out my email for this post. Tired of these adults thinking they can do whatever they like when we put out trust in them with our children. If ECNL ignores this I will go above them.

To: jen@theecnl.com,
        marisa@theecnl.com,
        kristin@theecnl.com
        cc: EvanBurokas@scorpionssoccer.org,
        NickRugnetta@scorpionssoccer.org
        date: Jan 11, 2021, 3:31 PM
        subject: Florida ECNL National Event - Scorpions MA
        mailed-by: gmail.com

Hello Jen and Team,

Sending this anonymously and would ask that you have one of your colleagues or yourself look into. The parents are fearful of speaking up, which is a whole other youth sports issue.

Considering the climate we are in and these families still going down to Florida to support the ECNL event it's highly disappointing. As a matter of courtesy I am copying Evan and Nick.

Please read the attached thread and reach out to the club so we can make sure this is addressed and not something our families will be faced with moving forward.

At the very least the club should step up and apologize as well as offer refunds to the parents.

http://talking-soccer.com/TS4/showthread.php?t=166500

Your discretion and understanding is greatly appreciated!
        You are referencing talking soccer? That would be an automatic disqualification of your concern as you come off as unstable if your on this sight.

Comment

I am also a concerned parent. I sent an email to ECNL board, let them look into it and decide if Nick violated the CODE of CONDUCT. I believe he did. I left out my email for this post. Tired of these adults thinking they can do whatever they like when we put out trust in them with our children. If ECNL ignores this I will go above them.

To: jen@theecnl.com,
          marisa@theecnl.com,
          kristin@theecnl.com
          cc: EvanBurokas@scorpionssoccer.org,
          NickRugnetta@scorpionssoccer.org
          date: Jan 11, 2021, 3:31 PM
          subject: Florida ECNL National Event - Scorpions MA
          mailed-by: gmail.com

Hello Jen and Team,

Sending this anonymously and would ask that you have one of your colleagues or yourself look into. The parents are fearful of speaking up, which is a whole other youth sports issue.

Considering the climate we are in and these families still going down to Florida to support the ECNL event it's highly disappointing. As a matter of courtesy I am copying Evan and Nick.

Please read the attached thread and reach out to the club so we can make sure this is addressed and not something our families will be faced with moving forward.

At the very least the club should step up and apologize as well as offer refunds to the parents.

http://talking-soccer.com/TS4/showthread.php?t=166500

Your discretion and understanding is greatly appreciated!
          Thanks for sharing. And I wouldn't wait for this to be addressed and not repeated going forward. In the short term, you paid your hard earned money for a trip to FL and having your D compete at a high level with all the support and leadership of the club. You didn't get what you paid for and what your D trained for. Long term, you should know it happened before without you noticing and it will happen again. You can't fix it.

Comment

Sleeping with moms???
            FM was a scoundrel! Probably still is and I believe he wears his Scorps gear again.

NR is a known player, following his Dads footsteps!

Comment

FM set the bar on the traveling circus. And he had PM and BB as his side kicks. What a team! PM used to show up drunk in his sandals, 15 mins after KO. There’s a reason FMs wife left him during the height of his antics.

Comment

What a bunch of whiney, entitled parents. I was down in FL this past weekend with my kid and NR was at all three of our matches and he isn’t even the coach. The team went 2-1 so no complaints and there were no issues on the sidelines at our matches.

Considering some of the parents were drunk and giving NR crap about their own team’s poor performance (here’s a hint, that team needs to replace the entire back line as they can’t do anything but kick it away under pressure) and the lack of covid precautions that was ECNL’s fault, not Scorpions.

Every parent had the option of staying home with their kid, but decided to risk traveling. To then turn around and bang on the coach about it becuase little Mia isn’t going to get recruited playing kick ball and going 0-3, well, that just speaks volumes of the parents.

Seriously, give it a rest. If I had to deal with crappy parents like this, I’d drink too.

And before you bang on about Scorps 04’s going 0-3, Stars Blue 04’s also went 0-3. It happens when you play good competition...

Comment

FM was a scoundrel! Probably still is and I believe he wears his Scorps gear again.

NR is a known player, following his Dads footsteps!
                  Correct, saw him yesterday!

FM made off like a bandit when the bolts bought him out. He got a major windfall.

When Nick and Evan undid the merger they brought him back as an employee, that is all he is, he still coaches some regional teams for what is left of the east region (Braintree/Weymouth)

Comment

I am not a whiny parent, but I am sick of people blaming others for their mistakes. I was not the well-paid coach and club director that got trashed and ruined a major tournament for a bunch of hard-working girls in the crucial junior year of high school.

I am now thoroughly disgusted by the Scorpions and the experience my daughter has had. We are being scapegoated as the bad guys and the victim is now the coach that was passed-out in the gutter. What a load of crap. I cannot tell you how often NR has preached accountability to my daughter, yet here we stand and he is not holding himself accountable.

Comment

What a bunch of whiney, entitled parents. I was down in FL this past weekend with my kid and NR was at all three of our matches and he isn’t even the coach. The team went 2-1 so no complaints and there were no issues on the sidelines at our matches.

Considering some of the parents were drunk and giving NR crap about their own team’s poor performance (here’s a hint, that team needs to replace the entire back line as they can’t do anything but kick it away under pressure) and the lack of covid precautions that was ECNL’s fault, not Scorpions.

Every parent had the option of staying home with their kid, but decided to risk traveling. To then turn around and bang on the coach about it becuase little Mia isn’t going to get recruited playing kick ball and going 0-3, well, that just speaks volumes of the parents.

Seriously, give it a rest. If I had to deal with crappy parents like this, I’d drink too.

And before you bang on about Scorps 04’s going 0-3, Stars Blue 04’s also went 0-3. It happens when you play good competition...
                      The 04 team has some good players and some of NRs favorites. That’s the problem. It was never designed or built to be the best 04 players at Scorpions. NR and EB Know that, although they will deny it if asked. Scorpions has some decent coaching and the potential for a team as good as the Stars ecnl blue. It’s too late for the 04s, but hopefully the approach with the younger teams will be about recruiting and developing top notch players.

Comment

Stars Ecnl blue is good? I thought it was the white that was the A team.

Comment

geez....sss is lookin pretty good.

Comment

Sounds like they are in over their heads. Nobody wants to play on a crap team that loses all the time. Only delusional parents would position an ohfer as a good thing....

Comment

This is an awful look for ECNL too. The league claims to be the tops, but this is a jv look all the way. Ouch.
                              News flash, ECNL does not care about the kids or the sport. They care about the money it brings them and if it hurts their bank account they will involve themselves. They are a leaderless organization.

Comment

Stars Ecnl blue is good? I thought it was the white that was the A team.
                                Blue teams are better for Stars.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X