Scorpions Are Rock Bottom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are telling us that one of the two owners of Scorpions got falling down drunk at the ECNL tournament in Florida and missed a bunch of team and club events? If so, that is disgusting! I have no idea why anyone would entrust their daughter's development to a coach like that. Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      You are telling us that one of the two owners of Scorpions got falling down drunk at the ECNL tournament in Florida and missed a bunch of team and club events? If so, that is disgusting! I have no idea why anyone would entrust their daughter's development to a coach like that. Wow.
      Try and take the small positives in every situation. At least they are not in gal.

Comment

I hate this post. I’m sure it’s true but the 2 owners couldn’t be more different. The owner who was not down in Florida happens to coach my daughter. Refuses to drink in front of them on trips. Holds them to the highest standard with their behavior. Incredibly professional, awesome coach and the true representation and reflection of what this club stands for.
        I don’t always agree with the way our club is run but I have had enough honest communication with him to be able to speak my mind and feel heard and validated and I wish parents on this trip had done that. They should have approached him or minimally start a group email with him and other owner now.
        This post has no purpose. If you have a problem with something take action or be quiet.

Comment

Try and take the small positives in every situation. At least they are not in gal.
          The obsession with other clubs shows now bounds.

First, we have the leadership of Scorpions getting shltfaced and unable to perform. Then, they turn around and slam Stars' performance, as it has some relevance. Not to be daunted, they go after another league altogether.

Odd.

Comment

Who really owns this club? I am in the process of having a conference call with one of the board members at ECNL on an unrelated matter involving another team and a big issue. I want to bring this to their attention as well.

Comment

OK, so why is it disgusting that a parent voice concerns about her daughter's club coach on this forum? If she goes and complains directly to the club director, NR, then it is likely that her daughter's career is finished. Why? Because he is the drunk bastard that started this mess in the first place.

Comment

Who really owns this club? I am in the process of having a conference call with one of the board members at ECNL on an unrelated matter involving another team and a big issue. I want to bring this to their attention as well.
                Any club who would hire EP deserves everything they get. Single worst person I've encountered in youth sports.

Comment

Nick Rugnetta

Comment

Hope they sue whoever write this.
                    I would normally ignore this kind of rumor, but this is the exact kind of comment that was popping up in the threads that brought the GPS drama to everyone's attention.

Comment

I would normally ignore this kind of rumor, but this is the exact kind of comment that was popping up in the threads that brought the GPS drama to everyone's attention.
                      And it turns out every single thing written about GPS on this board was true, and then some.

Comment

NR and EB. Look at website dummy

Comment

I love the idiots who come on here dishing advice when they don't even bother to read all the posts to get the full story.

This woman's daughter plays on Scorpions 2004 ECNL or 2005 ECNL. Both teams coached by NR. They had a major ECNL National tournament in Florida this past weekend. NR got blitzed and went MIA for a large portion of the weekend, leaving his team to fend for themselves.

She has every right to complain. And for those of you that want to say Scorpions is a great outfit, you better think twice because NR represents the entire Scorpions club.

Comment

It is fact. This happened. Everyone in Scorpions knows it. Look for major fallout. NR is a spoiled brat that doesn't care at all about the players. The club is a toy for him to play with in his free time.

Comment

It is fact. This happened. Everyone in Scorpions knows it. Look for major fallout. NR is a spoiled brat that doesn't care at all about the players. The club is a toy for him to play with in his free time.
                              Who coached those teams when he didn’t show up? Doing that at a National showcase is a really bad look.

Comment

I love the idiots who come on here dishing advice when they don't even bother to read all the posts to get the full story.

This woman's daughter plays on Scorpions 2004 ECNL or 2005 ECNL. Both teams coached by NR. They had a major ECNL National tournament in Florida this past weekend. NR got blitzed and went MIA for a large portion of the weekend, leaving his team to fend for themselves.

She has every right to complain. And for those of you that want to say Scorpions is a great outfit, you better think twice because NR represents the entire Scorpions club.
                                I am also a concerned parent. I sent an email to ECNL board, let them look into it and decide if Nick violated the CODE of CONDUCT. I believe he did. I left out my email for this post. Tired of these adults thinking they can do whatever they like when we put out trust in them with our children. If ECNL ignores this I will go above them.

To: jen@theecnl.com,
                                marisa@theecnl.com,
                                kristin@theecnl.com
                                cc: EvanBurokas@scorpionssoccer.org,
                                NickRugnetta@scorpionssoccer.org
                                date: Jan 11, 2021, 3:31 PM
                                subject: Florida ECNL National Event - Scorpions MA
                                mailed-by: gmail.com

Hello Jen and Team,

Sending this anonymously and would ask that you have one of your colleagues or yourself look into. The parents are fearful of speaking up, which is a whole other youth sports issue.

Considering the climate we are in and these families still going down to Florida to support the ECNL event it's highly disappointing. As a matter of courtesy I am copying Evan and Nick.

Please read the attached thread and reach out to the club so we can make sure this is addressed and not something our families will be faced with moving forward.

At the very least the club should step up and apologize as well as offer refunds to the parents.

http://talking-soccer.com/TS4/showthread.php?t=166500

Your discretion and understanding is greatly appreciated!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X