Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    GPS Girls MA Elite 2002 team were the best in the state and one of the best country. At any level and any league structure. Great coaching, great players and great game style.
    Should of could of would of

Comment

btw: I never said my kid played at GPS. I just said your kid was not good, as evidenced by the fact that you are complaining about your experience with a regional team. As for .1%, It's really not that boastful a claim, do the math.
      If your kid never played for GPS, then why be on a GPS thread defending them and bragging about your kid? And what’s wrong with someone complaining about crappy coaching on a regional team? Their money is just as green as the many “elite” teams that GPS had. They certainly wouldn’t be the first to complain about it or the fact that GPS had foreign coaches here illegally. That’s why GPS isn’t around anymore, right?

Comment

If your kid never played for GPS, then why be on a GPS thread defending them and bragging about your kid? And what’s wrong with someone complaining about crappy coaching on a regional team? Their money is just as green as the many “elite” teams that GPS had. They certainly wouldn’t be the first to complain about it or the fact that GPS had foreign coaches here illegally. That’s why GPS isn’t around anymore, right?
        It's TS. All sorts of people with "expertise" chiming in on threads.
        As to your point, I explicitly stated that your money was welcome, just not your opinion.
        If you haven't figured it out yet, your opinion's value on TS is commensurate with the rung on which your kid plays. Maybe you'd be better off on Talking Awkward?

Comment

Nice "hand wave" argument. You obviously don't know the current HS Seniors very well. Those who do know how many came up through GPS. #FreeGavin
          Gavin isn’t innocent he deserves to be locked up with the others

Comment

Gavin isn’t innocent he deserves to be locked up with the others
            I want to know who wrote this. This is Steve Schechter. If you are going to say that about Gavin, you need to have the courage to identify yourself. Gavin is one of the finest people I have ever known. He’s an incredible family man and dear friend. He’s as honest as the day is long. Again this is Steve Schechter. I’m proud to identify myself.

Comment

Steve- Gavin pleaded guilty? Isnt that his own admission that he is not innocent.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2905549]Steve- Gavin pleaded guilty? Isnt that his own admission that he is not innocent.[/QUOTE

He didn’t realize what was happening, so he had no understanding or intent of doing anything wrong. My objection was to the suggestion that he is a bad guy and deserves punishment. If he serves even one day in prison, it will be a total miscarriage of justice.

Comment

“he deserves to be locked up with the others”

This is what I have a problem with. I want to know who wrote this?

Comment

I want to know who wrote this. This is Steve Schechter. If you are going to say that about Gavin, you need to have the courage to identify yourself. Gavin is one of the finest people I have ever known. He’s an incredible family man and dear friend. He’s as honest as the day is long. Again this is Steve Schechter. I’m proud to identify myself.
                    Steve, thank you for supporting Gavin and asking for transparency. I'm as anonymous as everyone else, but this is worth it. Rob Curtin and my daughter played for GPS and for Gavin when he coached the u13s (2015-16 i think). Gavin is an honorable man put in a horrible situation by one who exploited his loyalty. We know you Gavin.

Comment

“he deserves to be locked up with the others”

This is what I have a problem with. I want to know who wrote this?
                      Steve, I do not know Gavin personally, but the laws he broke are pretty clear. He may be a great guy but ultimately he broke the law. Just because he is a good guy (in your opinion) does not mean he should be let off the hook. He should have to abide by the rules and laws like any other law abiding citizen.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2905568]
                        Steve- Gavin pleaded guilty? Isnt that his own admission that he is not innocent.[/QUOTE

He didn’t realize what was happening, so he had no understanding or intent of doing anything wrong. My objection was to the suggestion that he is a bad guy and deserves punishment. If he serves even one day in prison, it will be a total miscarriage of justice.
                        Thank God Steve is not in charge of our judicial system.

Comment

There are so many great humans commenting on this thread. Many of you have done far worse than the people you are attacking.

Comment

There are so many great humans commenting on this thread. Many of you have done far worse than the people you are attacking.
                            Steve i do not know of many other people who have obstructed a federal investigation, if that is what your are alluding.

You have the classic old school GPS mentality where you deny deny deny any wrongdoing. Lets face it, you worked for the most corrupt soccer club for many years and continuously turned a blind eye to all of the malpractices and wrongdoings. You are no better than any of the top brass at gps.

Commend how much you are sticking up for your old pal, but to say he is innocent when he literally pleaded guilty is poor from you.

Comment

Totally. Lots of people thinking they are pure enough to can cast a stone

Comment

Steve, I do not know Gavin personally, but the laws he broke are pretty clear. He may be a great guy but ultimately he broke the law. Just because he is a good guy (in your opinion) does not mean he should be let off the hook. He should have to abide by the rules and laws like any other law abiding citizen.
                                Spoken like someone who has never been caught in the police/court/prison system, designed to catch as many people as possible, to penalize the poor and middle class while the wealthy get off with slaps on the wrist, and to enrich Wall St. who invest in the for-profit prison system and the military-industrial complex which has served to militarize the police (and profit from it) for the last 40 years...

The legal and justice system in this country is the best money can buy...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X