Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Oh my god people it’s only the first week of January. No one has any idea yet what timing will be for a Spring season and they are lying if they say otherwise. Have you learned nothing from the last 10 months?
    This rumor has been circulating since mid December amongst the club parents and some coaches. It may be just speculation but it doesn’t sound far off. We are expecting the next couple months to be bad for Covid but numbers will come down sharply in March according to projections. The clubs might want to push things back so we are out of the woods for playoffs and tournaments. As for tryouts, kids are trying out all the time practicing with potential clubs that’s how kids tryout these days.

Comment

This rumor has been circulating since mid December amongst the club parents and some coaches. It may be just speculation but it doesn’t sound far off. We are expecting the next couple months to be bad for Covid but numbers will come down sharply in March according to projections. The clubs might want to push things back so we are out of the woods for playoffs and tournaments. As for tryouts, kids are trying out all the time practicing with potential clubs that’s how kids tryout these days.
      What TF do parents know? Just keep cutting the checks and wait patiently until you hear something from the league. SMH

Comment

What TF do parents know? Just keep cutting the checks and wait patiently until you hear something from the league. SMH
        Geez. That thinking there is the problem. None of us write the check to sit back and not be involved or informed. The clubs don't exist without parents willing to "cut the check" and support them. We have been super supportive and patient over the past year with set-backs. I don't think there is anything wrong with inquiring about future schedules. Some of us are hoping to see some normalcy. Many of us have multiple kids and schedules with jobs. Don't be a jerk.

Comment

Geez. That thinking there is the problem. None of us write the check to sit back and not be involved or informed. The clubs don't exist without parents willing to "cut the check" and support them. We have been super supportive and patient over the past year with set-backs. I don't think there is anything wrong with inquiring about future schedules. Some of us are hoping to see some normalcy. Many of us have multiple kids and schedules with jobs. Don't be a jerk.
          Thanks Karen

Comment

Thanks Karen
            Seriously... You should be more concerned about delivering value for money rather than insulting a prospective customer.

The anonymous nature of this board brings out the worst in many people.

Comment

Planning weeks or months ahead is another one of those things that people used to do in the before times.

Now? I wake up with no idea of what will happen by end of day.

Comment

According to the NEP website, spring season starts in 89 days, i.e. no delay

Comment

Planning weeks or months ahead is another one of those things that people used to do in the before times.

Now? I wake up with no idea of what will happen by end of day.
                  No kidding. Things are changing too frequently to plan much of anything out more than a few weeks at best. Cases could get much better, or could get much worse. If clubs announce things and they change, people complain. Don't announce things, people complain. I have to believe clubs would love to plan things and get back to normal just as much as families would. But much of it is out of their hands, just like it is with us in our non soccer lives.

Comment

end of April would be a perfect time to start the league. end it late June. Gives families something to do beginning of summer.

Comment

The website still shows normal start date but the coaches say otherwise May 3- July 3 is most likely the plan behind the scenes.

Comment

end of April would be a perfect time to start the league. end it late June. Gives families something to do beginning of summer.
                        Here's the thing. If a family wants to do something else, by all means go ahead. Nothing is an ideal situation, but the last thing anyone wants is a family who isn't invested cancelling plans and making waves about it. So, please, make your plans.

Comment

Here's the thing. If a family wants to do something else, by all means go ahead. Nothing is an ideal situation, but the last thing anyone wants is a family who isn't invested cancelling plans and making waves about it. So, please, make your plans.
                          It's kids soccer. If your kid misses a few games at the end who gives a crap? You can't ever get missed family time back.

Comment

Says you!!!! I watch the kids playing hard trying to breathe on all sorts of masks. Ask the kids. I do. They are struggling to breathe. They are happy to play soccer but you are lying to yourself if you think it’s not an issue for the kids to wear a mask. My kid will wear one. But no it’s not easy at all. I sincerely hope masks are done by May. My family will be done with them by then over a year and vaccines is long enough.
                            I don't understand how winter activities (granted with no spectators) can continue but outdoor spring soccer would be delayed. Seems completely backwards to me. Once they get outside again let them play - and the masks are overkill outside too so I'd be fine if that requirement went away as well. Based upon what we now know, playing soccer outside is just not a high risk activity. Limit spectators, be thoughtful about scheduling games at fields to avoid crowding and let the kids play.

Comment

It's kids soccer. If your kid misses a few games at the end who gives a crap? You can't ever get missed family time back.
                              Again, and I now strongly encourage this, go on your vacation.

Comment

I don't understand how winter activities (granted with no spectators) can continue but outdoor spring soccer would be delayed. Seems completely backwards to me. Once they get outside again let them play - and the masks are overkill outside too so I'd be fine if that requirement went away as well. Based upon what we now know, playing soccer outside is just not a high risk activity. Limit spectators, be thoughtful about scheduling games at fields to avoid crowding and let the kids play.
                                It won't be delayed, the people on these posts have no idea what they are talking about. Even if NEP/NPL did want to delay (and they don't), the league is in such a fragile position with EDP now in the region that they couldn't risk it anyway.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X