Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    That's my point. Some/many/a lot/a few are looking forward to taking a few trips, seeing the sites, and watching their kids play. I don't see why soccer has to take a back seat to all that.
    Because some/many/a lot/a few of families don't plan their summer travel around soccer.

Comment

Because some/many/a lot/a few of families don't plan their summer travel around soccer.
      But...they could.

Different times and those who are so regimented into their ways are being disappointed.

Comment

90% of them have them on their chin.
        I don’t see them on the chin. Whenever my daughters team plays the refs are crazy about telling them to keep masks over noses. Can’t wait for these kids to be mask free.

Comment

Respectfully, I disagree. Other than recruiting schedules, which is an important issue for many High School kids. I couldn't care less about tryouts or any of the other stuff you mention.

Players want and need to play games, for lots of different reasons. For the majority of teams the Fall wasn't a "crappy" season. Sure, if you play for a girls ECNL or DA club you may have had a crappy season, but that is due to the ego and politics the owners of your club. For 95% of players the late-March to mid-June "competitive" season will work just fine.

Once vaccines are rolled out, the priorities of many will be to travel and spend time with family and friends. Soccer can take a back seat for the summer.
          Soccer can take a back seat for the summer? Omg Soccer has taken a back seat for a year.
          My family has no plans to travel this summer but you go ahead if you have the funds.
          I’m glad the season is being pushed back. Thank you NEP/NPL give these kids good weather, nice dry fields, healthier people and school will be coming to an end.

Comment

That could have significant impact on possible movement between clubs which have tryouts in the typical late May/early June time frame.
            NEP already sent out that there will be no tryouts this coming spring

Comment

Those who have money and want to travel should do say whenever. That doesn’t stop the team from finishing a season. We might take a week in August away and if we do we don’t expect our team if they do anything to work around us. Take your trips. Miss a game whatever. But the season can go on without you. Soccer May-July sounds perfect to me. We will work around it.

Comment

The rumor amongst club parents is that there is a delay to the NEP/NPL game season this spring in MA. Club practices and scrimmages are ongoing as well as winter leagues, but the actual club season games will not start until May 1 and go until July 3? Is this true?
                I would be shocked if this happened.

Comment

I would be shocked if this happened.
                  It’s not that shocking to give the season a little time for states to be in a safer place. Let our country get the vulnerable vaccinated first. Let the numbers come down. And let the weather be warmer. Not really that big of a deal and not shocking as I’ve been hearing this amongst the coaches for a while now.

Comment

It’s not that shocking to give the season a little time for states to be in a safer place. Let our country get the vulnerable vaccinated first. Let the numbers come down. And let the weather be warmer. Not really that big of a deal and not shocking as I’ve been hearing this amongst the coaches for a while now.
                    The season last year was run and completed just fine. Kids are practicing right now in normal numbers. You may not have traveled last summer but most people did. The Cape and islands were packed.

It is certainly possible that tournaments will shift later into the spring, or that more will simply be added. We know covid doesn't spread on the soccer field and we know kids are totally safe. There is no point in disrupting things any further.

Comment

NEP already sent out that there will be no tryouts this coming spring
                      Since when would a league have any say in how a club forms its teams, including tryouts? Plus tryouts take place in many different forms these days, including kids attending practices.

Comment

Since when would a league have any say in how a club forms its teams, including tryouts? Plus tryouts take place in many different forms these days, including kids attending practices.
                        Exactly. Not to mention clubs have been holding open tryouts all winter. Nothing is going to stop soccer from being played this spring. Those that want to complain should take their nonsense to the Globe message boards along with the rest of the losers.

Comment

The season last year was run and completed just fine. Kids are practicing right now in normal numbers. You may not have traveled last summer but most people did. The Cape and islands were packed.

It is certainly possible that tournaments will shift later into the spring, or that more will simply be added. We know covid doesn't spread on the soccer field and we know kids are totally safe. There is no point in disrupting things any further.

Actually no. Anyone who had a game against RI had so many challenges. RI never completed the season or really got going. Games were rescheduled to CT, games were changed to scrimmages, and "friendlies." So maybe many MA games went on fine RI did not. MA also had trouble with teams missing games due to the entire team quarantine due to a close contact. To prevent all of this quarantines, problems for RI due to different Governor rules etc, the best thing to do for both states is to wait until May. Push it all back for the kids. If you wanted to travel late June go late July but don't make your travel plans the big issue. Your team can play without you.

Comment

Haha since it’s already been communicated to the clubs you know nothing mom, offers will be out by February because of it. Tryouts are happening constantly in forms of practice invites and that’s going to be how teams are formed

Comment

Been cancelled until 2024

Comment

The rumor amongst club parents is that there is a delay to the NEP/NPL game season this spring in MA. Club practices and scrimmages are ongoing as well as winter leagues, but the actual club season games will not start until May 1 and go until July 3? Is this true?
                                Oh my god people it’s only the first week of January. No one has any idea yet what timing will be for a Spring season and they are lying if they say otherwise. Have you learned nothing from the last 10 months?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X