Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEP/NPL delayed start to spring season?

The rumor amongst club parents is that there is a delay to the NEP/NPL game season this spring in MA. Club practices and scrimmages are ongoing as well as winter leagues, but the actual club season games will not start until May 1 and go until July 3? Is this true?

I hope this is true. More will be vaccinated. Weather warmer, Field conditions better. Likely players won't need mask by May, just spectators.

Comment

That could have significant impact on possible movement between clubs which have tryouts in the typical late May/early June time frame.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        I hope this is true. More will be vaccinated. Weather warmer, Field conditions better. Likely players won't need mask by May, just spectators.
        It's not true and players will be wearing masks in MA for the Spring season.

Comment

That could have significant impact on possible movement between clubs which have tryouts in the typical late May/early June time frame.
          Obviously tryouts can be pushed back be flexible people.
          Glad to hear possibly no masks. I heard the same about Biden when he starts he’s planning a 100 day mask mandate wile they immunize and by May I’m burning my masks.

Comment

Ah please be true. No way the kids or any of us ready for another crappy season. A delay for all soccer in the north is a great idea. Better weather and further from this pandemic.
            For those of you worried about tryouts, championships, recruiting schedules, time to realize things are no longer the same come up w a new plan.

Comment

I emailed the club coach. He said he wouldn't be surprised but nothing confirmed for the season yet.

Comment

Obviously tryouts can be pushed back be flexible people.
                Glad to hear possibly no masks. I heard the same about Biden when he starts he’s planning a 100 day mask mandate wile they immunize and by May I’m burning my masks.
                It is not likely that vaccines will be completed until mid to late Summer at the earliest, I can’t imagine the mask mandate being removed until at least September 1 at the earliest. It is not an issue for the kids who play at this point.

Comment

It is not likely that vaccines will be completed until mid to late Summer at the earliest, I can’t imagine the mask mandate being removed until at least September 1 at the earliest. It is not an issue for the kids who play at this point.
                  Says you!!!! I watch the kids playing hard trying to breathe on all sorts of masks. Ask the kids. I do. They are struggling to breathe. They are happy to play soccer but you are lying to yourself if you think it’s not an issue for the kids to wear a mask. My kid will wear one. But no it’s not easy at all. I sincerely hope masks are done by May. My family will be done with them by then over a year and vaccines is long enough.

Comment

Says you!!!! I watch the kids playing hard trying to breathe on all sorts of masks. Ask the kids. I do. They are struggling to breathe. They are happy to play soccer but you are lying to yourself if you think it’s not an issue for the kids to wear a mask. My kid will wear one. But no it’s not easy at all. I sincerely hope masks are done by May. My family will be done with them by then over a year and vaccines is long enough.
                    90% of them have them on their chin.

Comment

Ah please be true. No way the kids or any of us ready for another crappy season. A delay for all soccer in the north is a great idea. Better weather and further from this pandemic.
                      For those of you worried about tryouts, championships, recruiting schedules, time to realize things are no longer the same come up w a new plan.
                      Respectfully, I disagree. Other than recruiting schedules, which is an important issue for many High School kids. I couldn't care less about tryouts or any of the other stuff you mention.

Players want and need to play games, for lots of different reasons. For the majority of teams the Fall wasn't a "crappy" season. Sure, if you play for a girls ECNL or DA club you may have had a crappy season, but that is due to the ego and politics the owners of your club. For 95% of players the late-March to mid-June "competitive" season will work just fine.

Once vaccines are rolled out, the priorities of many will be to travel and spend time with family and friends. Soccer can take a back seat for the summer.

Comment

Once vaccines are rolled out, the priorities of many will be to travel and spend time with family and friends. Soccer can take a back seat for the summer.

Why can't it be both?

Comment

We had a coaches vs kids game the kids was a U14 team . This was right before thanksgiving , we forgot about the masks after the first 5 minutes.

These kids ran us to the ground and I was sore for 3 days . The masks were not a problem. Many of us are coaches so we have been wearing them all fall so maybe that is why we had no issues.

Comment

Why can't it be both?
                            Different strokes for different folks.

Comment

Different strokes for different folks.
                              That's my point. Some/many/a lot/a few are looking forward to taking a few trips, seeing the sites, and watching their kids play. I don't see why soccer has to take a back seat to all that.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X