Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Travelling from out of state. Many of us on our team think the idea of competing is crazy with the covid requirements, if anyone has a fever team can't play etc. We are spending an absurd amount of money for a tournament we might not even play a game in. I am really hopeful it might be cancelled. Any news you are hearing locally?
    My sons team chose not to play with the covid restrictions they had in place.
    2 major reasons.
    1 - 1 person test positive , the whole team is disqualified. ( this action can be argued)
    2 - Disney does not even offer a team some kind of make up game. They just keep your $

Comment

You are a fvcking idiot. 5% of the population has Covid?

Please, please you ****ing stupid wanna be epidemiologist explain to me why / how you came up with 5%? Then I’ll point out why you are an idiot.
      A little more than 5% of the population has had covid. We are currently at 21 million cases in the US, and we have a population of 328.2 million. Due to inept leadership, that percentage is now at 6%.

Who is the idiot?

Comment

A little more than 5% of the population has had covid. We are currently at 21 million cases in the US, and we have a population of 328.2 million. Due to inept leadership, that percentage is now at 6%.

Who is the idiot?
        And 95% of the pop doesn’t

Comment

My sons team chose not to play with the covid restrictions they had in place.
          2 major reasons.
          1 - 1 person test positive , the whole team is disqualified. ( this action can be argued)
          2 - Disney does not even offer a team some kind of make up game. They just keep your $
          Might also have to do with that there is no boys teams playing in this tournament either, it is a girls tournament this year.

Comment

Might also have to do with that there is no boys teams playing in this tournament either, it is a girls tournament this year.
            Boys are supposed to play two weekends from now. They will face the same kinds of issues and teams are already dropping out

Comment

You are all on notice

the skunks are invading espn!!!

We are coming home with the gold!!!

Comment

So Disney Showcase has been reduced to mostly a handful of Florida local teams playing each other. We are schedule, just like the Broward County youth league, to play our neighboring clubs. I still have hope that maybe they will cancel during the next couple of days.

Comment

So Disney Showcase has been reduced to mostly a handful of Florida local teams playing each other. We are schedule, just like the Broward County youth league, to play our neighboring clubs. I still have hope that maybe they will cancel during the next couple of days.
                  that is exactly what you should be doing at this point in time. play local teams and have fun.

Comment

that is exactly what you should be doing at this point in time. play local teams and have fun.
                    I have no problem with playing local teams. I have a problem with playing local teams while paying hotel, high “showcase” fees, wasting my gas traveling to play the neighbor club, pay admission to the soccer field after already paid tournament fees to see my kid play against the sane team that’s a few miles away from my house. Plus we go to Disney often to have fun. I don’t need for a tournament to happen to go there. Get it?

Comment

I have no problem with playing local teams. I have a problem with playing local teams while paying hotel, high “showcase” fees, wasting my gas traveling to play the neighbor club, pay admission to the soccer field after already paid tournament fees to see my kid play against the sane team that’s a few miles away from my house. Plus we go to Disney often to have fun. I don’t need for a tournament to happen to go there. Get it?
                      The problem with your objections are as follows:

The hotel prices are affordable this year, since teams didn't have to go through Anthony Travel or Disney Travel. Teams could just make their own reservations where they chose.

There is no cost of admission to the complex for spectators (limited to 50 per team)

All games are being live streamed for coaches while others can choose to attend in person.

And while it sucks to play local teams, I doubt any coaches are showing up to watch you play in a local game and they are definitely not being live streamed.

Comment

We are asking any college coaches that are interested in solid soccer players to make sure to watch the following SKS games this weekend at The Disney Showcase

Sat @ 11:00 am field #18 SKS vs Florida West
                        Sat @ 4:00 pm field #25 SKS vs Wellington White
                        Sun @8:30 am field #25 SKS vs Team Boca

Thank you for your time

Comment

Travelling from out of state. Many of us on our team think the idea of competing is crazy with the covid requirements, if anyone has a fever team can't play etc. We are spending an absurd amount of money for a tournament we might not even play a game in. I am really hopeful it might be cancelled. Any news you are hearing locally?

'Anything happens Pull your team out and go to Jacksonville FC Invitational ,It's the same weekend.

Comment

We are asking any college coaches that are interested in solid soccer players to make sure to watch the following SKS games this weekend at The Disney Showcase

Sat @ 11:00 am field #18 SKS vs Florida West
                            Sat @ 4:00 pm field #25 SKS vs Wellington White
                            Sun @8:30 am field #25 SKS vs Team Boca

Thank you for your time

I am a scout from Galen university. We are very interested in your player and will be there.

Comment

The problem with your objections are as follows:

The hotel prices are affordable this year, since teams didn't have to go through Anthony Travel or Disney Travel. Teams could just make their own reservations where they chose.

There is no cost of admission to the complex for spectators (limited to 50 per team)

All games are being live streamed for coaches while others can choose to attend in person.

And while it sucks to play local teams, I doubt any coaches are showing up to watch you play in a local game and they are definitely not being live streamed.
                              Are you saying that we won’t get charge to get into ESPN? The mouse won’t charge this year?! I doubt it

Comment

'Anything happens Pull your team out and go to Jacksonville FC Invitational ,It's the same weekend.
                                Do you mean the invitational that still says that the GDA teams are invited in their website ? I looked at the website, we really don’t want to go, look at the competition

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X