Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indoor practices very risky

Had indoor practice yesterday, general feeling very unsafe, lots of kids parents and coaches indoor, really dont think safe. just my opinion'

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Had indoor practice yesterday, general feeling very unsafe, lots of kids parents and coaches indoor, really dont think safe. just my opinion'
    Thanks

Comment

Why were the parents there? Parents should be smart enough to wait in their car.

My son's club (and my daughters volleyball) doesn't allow parents in the building and you have to wear a mask the entire time.

Comment

Why were the parents there? Parents should be smart enough to wait in their car.

My son's club (and my daughters volleyball) doesn't allow parents in the building and you have to wear a mask the entire time.
        Up to the facility first, club second to communicate and enforce policies. No need for parents to be there. Even with younger kids I've seen teams congregate outside then the coach walks them in and back out again after. Older kids don't need babysitting.

Comment

Have been having indoor practices for weeks now, general feeling very safe, kids don't congregate in the lobby and wait in the car before entering. Only players and coaches allowed in the facility, which cuts the people in down in half inside the facility, really think it's not unsafe. just my opinion'

Comment

Perhaps we should follow data and science instead of feelings..

Comment

Perhaps we should follow data and science instead of feelings..
              Agreed, and the data and science tell us that these sessions are OK.

Feelings just create panic.

Comment

Agreed, and the data and science tell us that these sessions are OK.

Feelings just create panic.
                This place also had parents all watching, lot of the kids masks not on properly which is the case everywhere, lot of coughing and sneezing and shouting. I know people want to make money but of all the places been in this seemed to be most likely place to catch from the kids. 2 of the kids were home with covid quaranting so its not that the kids are not getting it and spreading. By way i am soccer fanatic and want kids play as much as possible but outdoors so much safer. Hope i am wrong

Comment

Easy solution: If you're not comfortable with it, don't go/don't send your kid.

Comment

Play outdoors in the winter if the ground is clear of snow. That is what cold soccer soccer gear is for.

Comment

Play outdoors in the winter if the ground is clear of snow. That is what cold soccer soccer gear is for.
                      Yes i agree that is the way to go if temp at least in 40s. Hopefully will get some warmer weather. I also agree that most indoor set ups we are playing with fire

Comment

This place also had parents all watching, lot of the kids masks not on properly which is the case everywhere, lot of coughing and sneezing and shouting. I know people want to make money but of all the places been in this seemed to be most likely place to catch from the kids. 2 of the kids were home with covid quaranting so its not that the kids are not getting it and spreading. By way i am soccer fanatic and want kids play as much as possible but outdoors so much safer. Hope i am wrong
                        Where was this at?

Comment

Where was this at?
                          Two different locations, one for travel and one for club. Similar situations. Not looking to cause problems for locations by naming but both very popular soccer indoor locations for diff clubs.

Comment

Two different locations, one for travel and one for club. Similar situations. Not looking to cause problems for locations by naming but both very popular soccer indoor locations for diff clubs.
                            Why even bring this up then? It sounds like the facilities are probably fine.

Comment

Why were parents there watching? Why were YOU there watching?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X