Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is your kid REALLY good enough to play D1?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I agree with most of what you say. My son has wanted to play D1 college. He has the size , speed, technical skill. but I don't think he has the ethic part. Seems to think that the d1 soccer fairy will just visit him in his sleep. as he gets older I see other players "catching up" because they are willing to put in the work. this is a big step that a lot of players miss
    i am betting that less then 1% of all the jerkoffs on this thread that their offspring will play any college ball!!!

but just to keep things interesting can the doushbag with the dancing wife post a pic?

Comment

2. Third party advice. Sometimes you have to step back and remove your personal thoughts of wanting what's best for your kid and look at reality. We have done D1 college ID camps and received multiple evaluations that say he's a D1 player. We also paid a third party to evaluate and we asked his academy coach to be a reference with D1 college coaches...which he did.
      Where do you get a third party eval from?

Comment

A D1 player for boys means they are probably "behind" the top soccer players. Its a global game after all.

For Girls, saying D1 covers top 10 draft picks to kids who cant get off the bench at a program with an RPI of 350.

The best boys in the world dont play D1 soccer, some of the best girls do. Big difference. Impossible to compare.

Comment

We had access to a former college coach and paid him a few hundred bucks a few times to watch him during high level play. It's easy to get access through clubs. I didn't want to go through our club since they had college coaches but I wanted a neutral perspective.

Separately we got access to a D1 college coach (my son doesn't have the gpa for this school) and we sent him a game video and asked for feedback. Paid him $150 (easy to do during a pandemic).

Comment

i am betting that less then 1% of all the jerkoffs on this thread that their offspring will play any college ball!!!

but just to keep things interesting can the doushbag with the dancing wife post a pic?
            I'll post a pic as soon as you learn to spell.

Comment

We had access to a former college coach and paid him a few hundred bucks a few times to watch him during high level play. It's easy to get access through clubs. I didn't want to go through our club since they had college coaches but I wanted a neutral perspective.

Separately we got access to a D1 college coach (my son doesn't have the gpa for this school) and we sent him a game video and asked for feedback. Paid him $150 (easy to do during a pandemic).
              No one has any incentive to tell you the truth.

Comment

No one has any incentive to tell you the truth.
                Agreed, that's why I had multiple reviews/opinions. Ultimately you need to make your own decision but I just wanted to have some help since I don't have the background. It's a big decision (both for the player and the parent paying for it...my kid won't be getting a 100% athletic scholarship).

Comment

Agreed, that's why I had multiple reviews/opinions. Ultimately you need to make your own decision but I just wanted to have some help since I don't have the background. It's a big decision (both for the player and the parent paying for it...my kid won't be getting a 100% athletic scholarship).
                  I hear you. The system is built on parents paying to acquire very different things. Clubs are built on making as many people happy as possible. Tell everyone they are great. Where parents dont know any better, its only an obvious lie to the very best and worst.

Professional tracks are based on the early identification and development of talent.

Comment

A D1 player for boys means they are probably "behind" the top soccer players. Its a global game after all.

For Girls, saying D1 covers top 10 draft picks to kids who cant get off the bench at a program with an RPI of 350.

The best boys in the world dont play D1 soccer, some of the best girls do. Big difference. Impossible to compare.
                    The best boys in 90% of the countries on earth DO play soccer. Not here of course. The best girls play lots of different sports. Soccer is mostly the province of middle and upper class white girls in the US. Serena had better things to do.

Comment

The best boys in 90% of the countries on earth DO play soccer. Not here of course. The best girls play lots of different sports. Soccer is mostly the province of middle and upper class white girls in the US. Serena had better things to do.
                      What is your point and how does it relate to the OPs?

Comment

The Bryant Bulldogs mens soccer team is better than Florida State Seminoles!!!!!!

(FSU doesn't have a mens soccer team)
                        I was referring to the women's team.

Comment

What if your kid doesn’t waste their time with high school soccer? Where’s the chart for those players?
                          you are reading the stats chart literally (open your eyes) the chart is for all sports and NOT just for soccer. its just a label. the heading perhaps should be labeled graduating HS seniors. for slow people like you.

Comment

FAIR ENOUGH

does this count? lmao

Comment

I agree with most of what you say. My son has wanted to play D1 college. He has the size , speed, technical skill. but I don't think he has the ethic part. Seems to think that the d1 soccer fairy will just visit him in his sleep. as he gets older I see other players "catching up" because they are willing to put in the work. this is a big step that a lot of players miss
                              mental toughness plays just as important a role as soccer skills. In D1 you're under constant pressure to keep your job + try to keep your other job of being a student. It's especially tough on the men's side with more players (US and international) but fewer teams and scholarships. Some student athletes aren't up for it. No knock on them, it's just the way some people are hard wired. Best thing a parent can do is be realistic with themselves and their kids. Going into D1 with blinders on can end poorly.

Comment

You're responding the to the board's famous Title Con. He's distraught over Trump losing and must be trolling other threads now.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X