Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the craziest thing you have seen a referee say or do?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Winning goal where the offsides lineman was right in front of the play vs Sutton In girls State final years ago was called off .Celebrating ended when the center ref jogged from all the way down the other end of the field and couldn’t even see the play, stated ball went out of bounds at end line negating the goal,causing the game to go into dbl ot in which the visiting team ended up losing. Home cooking at its finest.
    Except that the ball went out of bounds...

Comment

What is the craziest thing you have seen a referee say or do?

Ulittle game

GK keeps going outside the box on punts, first a couple feet, then a few yards, referee does nothing, not even reminding GK that you can’t punt the ball when you are outside the box. Less than a minute to go in the game, GK punts the ball while at least 3 yards outside the box to his teammate who is about two yards behind the last defender in the attacking zone. Player goes in and scores. Game over. Coach asks referee about both violations and referee said he didn’t see either one. Not clear if referee doesn’t understand the rules and/or has a vision problem.
      sounds like hes got both problems...thats what you get probably a Ulittle age right? the younger the kids the ****ier the refs get.

Comment

Ulittle game

GK keeps going outside the box on punts, first a couple feet, then a few yards, referee does nothing, not even reminding GK that you can’t punt the ball when you are outside the box. Less than a minute to go in the game, GK punts the ball while at least 3 yards outside the box to his teammate who is about two yards behind the last defender in the attacking zone. Player goes in and scores. Game over. Coach asks referee about both violations and referee said he didn’t see either one. Not clear if referee doesn’t understand the rules and/or has a vision problem.
        [Envisions Dad screaming on the sideline and making a scene once their kid lost and stewing about it the entire ride home]

Comment

Except that it didn’t and wasn’t even close.I was the sideline judge who was overruled.

Comment

Except that it didn’t and wasn’t even close.I was the sideline judge who was overruled.
            Sideline judge? What sport are you talking about?

Comment

Tie score, late in game, my kid gets fouled in box, coach has him take penalty. He drills the shot directly into the sternum of the goalie, ball pops right back to shooter, and he scores on the rebound. Kids go crazy, time running out, then referee whistles "No goal--shooter was offside." Being new the game when I see the referee in parking lot (no, I didn't seek him out, I really didn't. OK--don't believe me. Whatever...) I ask how that was offside. Ref says "I blew it--it should have counted. If it hits the crossbar shooter can't play it, but that one hit the keeper. It was a goal."

Comment

[Envisions Dad screaming on the sideline and making a scene once their kid lost and stewing about it the entire ride home]
                Nah, more like let’s make sure going forward that the games aren’t so close that you let the referees decide the outcome of the game.

Comment

Tie score, late in game, my kid gets fouled in box, coach has him take penalty. He drills the shot directly into the sternum of the goalie, ball pops right back to shooter, and he scores on the rebound. Kids go crazy, time running out, then referee whistles "No goal--shooter was offside." Being new the game when I see the referee in parking lot (no, I didn't seek him out, I really didn't. OK--don't believe me. Whatever...) I ask how that was offside. Ref says "I blew it--it should have counted. If it hits the crossbar shooter can't play it, but that one hit the keeper. It was a goal."
                  thats true, but why did he call it offside? dude sounds like a moron

Comment

That's not crazy, that's just sour grapes.
                    Unfortunately home cooking is all too common in kids soccer.

Comment

So far, the diarrhea story is winning here.
                      Gross! Fake

Comment

Pretty minor one, but a personal favorite was a ref last year using the "VAR" signal to change his mind about a decision...

Gave a goal kick initially, then the AR called him over to say it got a touch and should be a corner. Ref I guess had been watching too much TV, and used the VAR box signal followed by pointing for a corner much to the amusement of everyone on the sideline and bemusement of the players.

Comment

Pretty minor one, but a personal favorite was a ref last year using the "VAR" signal to change his mind about a decision...

Gave a goal kick initially, then the AR called him over to say it got a touch and should be a corner. Ref I guess had been watching too much TV, and used the VAR box signal followed by pointing for a corner much to the amusement of everyone on the sideline and bemusement of the players.
                          Shows a sense of humor. I like it.

Comment

I'd take this ref any day.

Comment

I'd take this ref any day.
                              I also like the "center ref" in the state final vs sutton who correctly called the ball out of bounds.

Comment

Shows a sense of humor. I like it.
                                Oh it was hilarious, just bemused. I know the ref in question and he definitely wasn't doing for "banter".

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X