Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the craziest thing you have seen a coach do?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Stars coach texting his players.
    Creepy.

I knew a coach that got the sack for insta messaging his u13 girls team. Absolute creep

Comment

Parents are crazier. Coach? Well it’s always funny and embarrassing when they get ejected from the game for losing their minds. But one jerk actually started sending his wife to fill in for him and coach when he had to many teams and too many games going on at once. Pathetic. She was clueless parents were pissed.

Comment

Continue starting the same 11 despite all the goals being scored by his next 6

Watching his back 4 and holding M just kick the ball long the entire game then blame the Mids and forwards for no goal.

Comment

Having players do complicated drills before games and practices that have nothing to do with soccer and yelling at them when they can't follow directions. Sets the tone and not in a good way.

Comment

Stars coach texting his players.
            Don't see a problem with this as long as other adults are part of the group/text.

Comment

Don't see a problem with this as long as other adults are part of the group/text.
              Don’t think the OP made it crystal. So I’ll make it clearer. A coach texting 16/17/18 year olds and ex players. No parents in sight!

Comment

Don’t think the OP made it crystal. So I’ll make it clearer. A coach texting 16/17/18 year olds and ex players. No parents in sight!
                haha that is not good at all!

How about a coach showing up plastered, yelling and kicking balls at kids, being dragged off pitch by another coach, who he then hit and then running to his car and trying to get in to drive away.

Comment

One year with GPS (our only year), we had 5 coaches although a couple never showed up at all. Of those who did, only one was half-decent but he only was there for about 6 practices and 3 games. The other two were complete disasters. One was a fat British guy who didn’t show up half the time, including games, and spent the time screaming nonsense like “who’s got the ball?” and “what are you doing?” over and over at games. One time he missed the first half of the game so a parent stepped in to coach. He showed up at halftime and asked the parent what he was doing and the parent told him “your job!”. Fat British coach left and we never saw him again. The other disaster was a Middle Eastern guy who I think was named Mustafa. It was clear he never coached before. He would whisper directions at practice and no one could hear him. He lasted a couple practices and then disappeared. And guesses why GPS isn’t around anymore?

Comment

Continue starting the same 11 despite all the goals being scored by his next 6

Watching his back 4 and holding M just kick the ball long the entire game then blame the Mids and forwards for no goal.

I've seen this. It went on for almost two years. Couldn't understand it. Starting center forward had one goal the entire season. Why not try and move some kids around or try different combinations on lines. We stuck it out...probably too long...and then bailed.

Comment

How about a coach showing up plastered, yelling and kicking balls at kids, being dragged off pitch by another coach, who he then hit and then running to his car and trying to get in to drive away.
                      Coaches of high school kids often don’t include parents in texts in many sports. The teen is becoming an adult and expected to show responsibility. I have no problem w my daughters coaches texting her practice schedule, cancellations, etc. Were the texts inappropriate?

Now which club had a coach show up plastered and yelling and hitting? This sounds like a joke.

Comment

What's the craziest thing you have seen a coach do?

what the problem with "kicking balls at kids"? this is soccer no?

Comment

what the problem with "kicking balls at kids"? this is soccer no?
                          this is trolling no?

Comment

I can't say I've ever actually seen full-on crazy out of a youth soccer coach. Sometimes I see coaches making fools of themselves arguing calls, joysticking, insulting their players, not knowing how to coach, but that's more ignorant than crazy. No Woody Hayes/Bobby Knight-level stuff. Maybe that means I'm the crazy one?

Comment

There are lots of crazy coaches out there at all levels, including club, travel and recreational soccer. Please indicate level (e.g. club, travel or rec) and what the coach did that was so crazy.
                              There’s a certain club director that wears “Capri pants”. Where do you even find pants for men like that?

Comment

There’s a certain club director that wears “Capri pants”. Where do you even find pants for men like that?
                                The women’s clothing stores.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X